2021 CPL Season General News

narduch

49 minutes ago, nfitz said:

That's tempting a fourth wave, unless they put in restrictions on those who haven't had a first dose by the end of June.

Don't people learn lessons - like the current uptick in cases and deaths in the UK after they relaxed restrictions?

Take it up with the health experts. Ill be in the Okanagan drinking beer 

5 hours ago, Senorpopps said:

Ideally but didn’t Manitoba just get hit hard?

Indeed.  And there's BIG heat on the sitting government so don't think there would be a very receptive response from the general public if a sporting event (bubble or no) were approved just now.

That being said, I'm sure the Premier and Co.  would love the idea.  Have faith, we're coming out of this and opening up for business sell job.

Hard pitch to make over the sound of helicopters airlifting patients to Ontario though.

Late June/Canada Day?  Hopefully things much improved by then.  

22 minutes ago, CDNFootballer said:

Langford/Van Isle is in the mix as well apparently for the bubble, low cases in BC and opening up with fans allowed starting June 15th.

I dont think we need to call it a bubble. They'll just be playing there

I got a call from my mens league today and they're starting to organize things. They told me the expectation is that everything will be 100% normal

On 5/29/2021 at 1:11 AM, CDNFootballer said:

Langford/Van Isle is in the mix as well apparently for the bubble, low cases in BC and opening up with fans allowed starting June 15th.

Would they be dropping those travel restrictions to Vancouver Island by then?

The only major problem with Victoria is if the time zone makes viewing in the rest of Canada harder. I suspect they'll have to pay three games every 8-10 days, which means weekday matches. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The only major problem with Victoria is if the time zone makes viewing in the rest of Canada harder. I suspect they'll have to pay three games every 8-10 days, which means weekday matches. 

June 15th travel restrictions in BC are done 

16 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If there aren’t going to be fans just play games earlier in the day. We don’t really have to worry about excessive heat on the island

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

If there aren’t going to be fans just play games earlier in the day. We don’t really have to worry about excessive heat on the island

June 15th up to 50 people for gatherings. From a sports perspective that was mentioned as spectators. July 1st no restrictions on gatherings(thats how I interpreted it). So it seems they can have fans since they won't get going until after July 1st

More and more Ontario is looking like that Japanese guy out in the jungle still fighting the war 20 years later

Edited by SpursFlu

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don’t live in BC but I do work with staff in the province.  The earliest that sports can go ahead with no restrictions on fans is Sept 7th.  I underline the word, earliest.

With no restrictions yes - as early as July 1st though the 50 fan limit will be expanded but no commitment on what that number may be. Even with say 1000 -2000 fans for Pacific FC the atmosphere will be 100 times better than the boring no fans allowed setup last year.

Montreal Canadians game vs the Leafs yesterday was so much more exciting with even the small allowed crowd of 2500 imo.

41 minutes ago, CDNFootballer said:

With no restrictions yes - as early as July 1st though the 50 fan limit will be expanded but no commitment on what that number may be. Even with say 1000 -2000 fans for Pacific FC the atmosphere will be 100 times better than the boring no fans allowed setup last year.

Montreal Canadians game vs the Leafs yesterday was so much more exciting with even the small allowed crowd of 2500 imo.

Thank you for the clarification.  And agreed on the 2,500 crowd last night.  It was really good to see.

17 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Thank you for the clarification.  And agreed on the 2,500 crowd last night.  It was really good to see.

I think your wrong. Or at least whovever your talking to is wrong. Im looking at the government doc and it says July 1st increased capacity indoor/outdoor events. Its not specific to amounts but June 15th is 50 so its at least 51.

I also work with an event that deals directly with a city and they told me they had a conversation with the city and they feel they can go ahead in August 

Edited by SpursFlu

I feel like Ontario might really loosen up if somehow the Leafs manage to win tonight to advance to the next round, then beat Winnipeg as well. If the Leafs are playing empty home games against American teams that have packed stadiums, the Ontario government just might hear enough of an uproar that they open up.

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

I feel like Ontario might really loosen up if somehow the Leafs manage to win tonight to advance to the next round, then beat Winnipeg as well. If the Leafs are playing empty home games against American teams that have packed stadiums, the Ontario government just might hear enough of an uproar that they open up.

Hahaha.. im with it but think about what your saying. After 400 days of this bs and thats what does the trick. That would be hilarious. Try explaining that to people in BC who would be like.. what hockey?

Edited by SpursFlu

13 minutes ago, Kent said:

Will they play cross border? or will the Leafs have to go down to the US to play the entire series.

Either way, hope Montréal wins!

13 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Will they play cross border? or will the Leafs have to go down to the US to play the entire series.

That is the other domino that would need to fall. We shall see if the federal government is as beholden to hockey as I think the provinces are.

It's a good thing Colorado is so good and will probably win it all either way, that way we don't have to play the "what if" game with the disadvantages the Canadian semi finalist will have.

25 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Hahaha.. im with it but think about what your saying. After 400 days of this bs and thats what does the trick. That would be hilarious. Try explaining that to people in BC who would be like.. what hockey?

Well, that plus plummeting cases and skyrocketing vaccinations. That is the dream anyways.

53 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Word is there is a deal in place for the Canadian team to play in Canada.  After tonight, I won't have to worry about it though.  FML, die hard Leafs and Canada Soccer fan!