2021 CPL Season General News

narduch

The expansion news is promising but I don't think we'll hear anything until the off-season. The Manuel Veth rumour was either poorly worded or just another teaser.

Attendances will improve hugely when there are more teams though. It's the Canadian way.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:43 PM, Ingham said:

The expansion news is promising but I don't think we'll hear anything until the off-season.

Agreed - just play the season and deal with it after. 

My two cents: I think there will be a west coast team and then one of the teams from PLSQ or L1O will make the jump. My guess would be Blue Devils or AS Blainville. Or if you wanna be crazy the Serbian White Eagles.

It's pretty obvious that for all the talk about the Fraser Valley there hasn't been one single clear message from a mayor or municipality in its favour. And not one moneyed potential owner saying a word. And that in an area with lots of kids playing and producing some quality too.

So I'm tired of this lame business of making lists on paper about which cities would be best. An initiative like in Saskatoon trumps it all. 

I also seriously doubt the Pacific owners would bail on the team, as inferred here, after so much effort, including local community,training facilities and so on.