2021 CPL Season General News

narduch

Just now, calgaryaddick said:

2 of the 5 Cavalry/Edmonton games on weekends. This league can be absolutely brain dead sometimes. Chance for away fans but why would you want to take advantage of that?

Looks like there will be a bonus weekend Voyageurs Cup game at least 

12 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Came out this PM that IG Field will be fully open for the CFL kickoff.  Fully vaxed only allowed in.

Would expect this will extend to CPL fixtures as well.   More details to follow of course.  Do you still need to buy food to get a beer?  Don't know.

They make you buy food to get a beer?! I'd better not complain about the limit of 2 drinks at a time at Starlight then

36 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Came out this PM that IG Field will be fully open for the CFL kickoff.  Fully vaxed only allowed in.

Would expect this will extend to CPL fixtures as well.   More details to follow of course.  Do you still need to buy food to get a beer?  Don't know.

Not sure about at IG specifically, but sounds like that rule has been removed provincially. 

1 hour ago, johnyb said:

Not sure about at IG specifically, but sounds like that rule has been removed provincially. 

Hope so.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a lounge/patio sort of guy and don't mind an appie whilst unwinding but geez, could also do without the added expense some times.

^^ Don't think it was a big deal.  By food if you mean a bag of crisps or sours to go with your tall boys not many are complaining.  We'll, maybe the parents of the kids you pass them off to but that's about it.

Edited by Cheeta

On 7/14/2021 at 6:59 PM, Cheeta said:

Hope so.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a lounge/patio sort of guy and don't mind an appie whilst unwinding but geez, could also do without the added expense some times.

^^ Don't think it was a big deal.  By food if you mean a bag of crisps or sours to go with your tall boys not many are complaining.  We'll, maybe the parents of the kids you pass them off to but that's about it.

But like at a game, would you have to buy food every time you bought a drink? Or can you show your bag of half eaten chips and say you are still working on it and need another beer?

On 7/9/2021 at 2:34 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Of course that's the majority of what they do. What he doesn't understand is that BBC broadcasting output from London that covers all of the UK is supposed to be British rather than English.

No it isn't. The transmitters in London don't come anywhere near Wales or Scotland. Some of the programming from London isn't even available in most of England, as it's strictly local.

Nice try though ...

On 7/17/2021 at 4:35 PM, Kent said:

But like at a game, would you have to buy food every time you bought a drink? Or can you show your bag of half eaten chips and say you are still working on it and need another beer?

The Drink with food rule that Cheeta was referring to, was a rule that came in during Covid Lockdowns that Restaurants can only serve Alcohol with food. In previous years we've always been able to buy drinks at games (Bombers, Valour etc..) without food purchase. The rule has since been rescinded now that we are in phase 2 of our reopening plan, so all good.

5 hours ago, narduch said:

2021 Voyageurs Cup announced. 

20210719_170738.jpg

So Toronto, Montreal & Forge with the bye?  LOL oh Vancouver...

Valour have Atletico on Saturday the 21st.  Book a long weekend tomorrow as I believe "Pre-gaming" starts the Thursday before.

You're not in Spain.  You're not in Spain.  Atletico Ottawa, you're not in Spain. 

25 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

So Toronto, Montreal & Forge with the bye?  LOL oh Vancouver...

Valour have Atletico on Saturday the 21st.  Book a long weekend tomorrow as I believe "Pre-gaming" starts the Thursday before.

You're not in Spain.  You're not in Spain.  Atletico Ottawa, you're not in Spain. 

The Valour-Atletico cup match is in Ottawa, no?

12 hours ago, jonovision said:

The Valour-Atletico cup match is in Ottawa, no?

Affirmative.  Winner goes to Hamilton afterwards.  Doesn't look like we'll get a home gate unless we make the semis.  I think Montreal would be a good draw.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:26 PM, narduch said:

Well the winner will officially receive the trophy. 

Bragging rights?

A nice gate for Forge owner?

Watch TFC end up winning the 2021 tournament before the 2020 final happens. Then Forge beats TFC in the 2020 final.

CSA: "Here is your trophy Forge, get a picture with it"
Forge raises the cup and gets a picture.
CSA: "Now give it back to Toronto since they are the current champs"

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

Watch TFC end up winning the 2021 tournament before the 2020 final happens. Then Forge beats TFC in the 2020 final.

I still think its 50/50 the game is never played.

They could announce it right now if they are playing it.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Monte Python skit.  To be sure.

LOL.  An older Terry Jones as Bobby S.

Just finished watching today's Onesoccer Today show and they talked about the players association t-shirt bit :

Wheeler said in essence, the young league is dealing with the pandemic and such and wait till the fans are back in stands and league is back to a more normal state for a while before pushing the association. Platt said he has sympathy for both sides, some fans criticism of the owners who put up the $ is wrong and at the same time players have a right in his opinion to some input in certain aspects of the league.