Daniel Jebbison

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I insta stalked his comments on his goal debut and our boys Pepple and Corbeanu are way way ahead of us.

That is so meta-CanadianSoccer-CSA-CanadianPress-"we must create a headline or a record or a narrative where none exists" stuff:

They congratulate Theo on being the youngest Canadian in the Prem while at the same time Theo is congratulating Jebbison. 

Ded Teletubbie GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Herdman is definitely aware of him, remember that Dias was from left field, I’d imagine we see him in June.

Weird how if they knew about him, why wasn’t he listed in the Olympic provisional roster.

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

Weird how if they knew about him, why wasn’t he listed in the Olympic provisional roster.

So either:

1) He'd already gotten the call from the England U18s and refused Canada

2) Biello, Herdman & co, were watching him but didn't rate him enough to include him in the preliminary squad

3) They did rate him but Sheffield said they wouldn't release him prior to the publication of the preliminary squad and so he opted to go to camp with England during the March window instead.

2 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

So either:

1) He'd already gotten the call from the England U18s and refused Canada

2) Biello, Herdman & co, were watching him but didn't rate him enough to include him in the preliminary squad

3) They did rate him but Sheffield said they wouldn't release him prior to the publication of the preliminary squad and so he opted to go to camp with England during the March window instead.

Covid protocols were also really really tough for England. He’s a 17 year old, he was playing what u-23 ? In the lower league ? We had some options uptop too.

10 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

So either:

Suspect it’s this, anytime I’ve brought up Ben Paton in the last no one was concerned. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, jordan said:

Suspect it’s this, anytime I’ve brought up Ben Paton in the last no one was concerned. 

But both Patons were listed in the Preliminary squad:

https://www.canadasoccer.com/news/canada-soccer-announces-2021-provisional-list-for-concacaf-mens-olympic-qualifying/

So no one had reason to be worried!

I actually find my third reason to be the least probable as Harry was listed on that preliminary squad despite the fact that he wasn't granted a release by his club for the final squad.

Wouldn't Sheffield have followed a similar communication timeline with the CSA as Ross County did?

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

But both Patons were listed in the Preliminary squad:

https://www.canadasoccer.com/news/canada-soccer-announces-2021-provisional-list-for-concacaf-mens-olympic-qualifying/

So no one had reason to be worried!

I actually find my third reason to be the least probable as Harry was listed on that preliminary squad despite the fact that he wasn't granted a release by his club for the final squad.

Wouldn't Sheffield have followed a similar communication timeline with the CSA as Ross County did?

I suspect it comes down to identification, he’s played a high level for the last three years, now he’s been surpassed by the two EPL players, but it was almost like he wasn’t there before. 

38 minutes ago, jordan said:

I suspect it comes down to identification, he’s played a high level for the last three years, now he’s been surpassed by the two EPL players, but it was almost like he wasn’t there before. 

I’m not sure Jebbison was that close to the first team at the time either.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, jordan said:

That’s my point, wasn’t likely rated till 8 days ago

So in the end, your guess is the:

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

....which is my top guess too I think.

EDIT: Biello was talking about Dias like he was a talented outsider (much younger than the others at the U24s). I don't think they rated him to that degree OR even knew enough about him to take a gamble on a guy who was only 17 when they had plenty of guys in their 20s to pick.

He was certainly not on their radar last year for the U23s as a 16-year-old.

The CSA obviously knows about him. Them not posting about him is most likely based on him being called to England .. it would be unprofessional to be talking about a player who isn’t currently in your ranks. Also think ... we called in Dias and Simpson to our u23 squad. Even we didn’t know about Simpson, or Sturing either. I think they have a pretty good idea about eligible players especially ones at a notable level like Jebbison.