Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

They think he is there already

"Sheffield United’s Daniel Jebbison has been spotted at the Stadium of Light during the game"

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/the-story-of-will-griggs-winner-for-sunderland-with-potential-new-signing-daniel-jebbison-watching-on-3329206

Beat me by posting this a couple of seconds ahead of me.  Forgot to mention it in my first post.

11 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Sheffield United manager does not feel Jebbison is ready for regular first team football at the Championship level.  A number of teams are interested but it appears as though Sunderland (League One) are frontrunners for a loan.  

TFC should get him on loan although I'm not sure the style of MLS meshes well with the Prem. MLS now a days is more akin to a poor man's LA Liga.

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I just don't like it when it's part of a scam, Canadians seem to be easy to scam when it comes to these things. 

There is one person playing in Canada, and actually from what I understand eligible for Canada, who is a legit La Masia product.

Who is this ?

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

Victor Blasco @Dominic94

Saw a podcast with someone from Spain where he said he was eligible for Canada, and that he thought he had a chance at a call-up if he kept at it. Not sure if that is a B-team, a camp, or he thinks he may find a way back into MLS and from there upwards. I am not sure if he has nationality either. Clearly, bit of a longshot.

8 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I didn’t know this at all, so he was the first there ? Like Canadian.

I'm spinning it around. He was at La Masia from about 9-13 years old, I think he lived there but not sure--that is beside the point, you don't have to live in to be a Masia product. But his family was not in Barcelona so I think he did live there. He says he was there at the time of Deulofeu, known for his stint at Watford.

But he only has Canadian status recently. I think he's been in Canada now about 6 years, and may have landed immigrant status or even citizenship. 

I heard years ago that De Rosario had spent a few weeks in the Barcelona system. If Ballou had stuck it out, he could have been considered a Masia product, because he was u-19 age. Borderline to say you were developed by La Masia (you should go in as a minor, at least), but if he'd continued, I think they would have accepted his Masia status.

Masia means farmhouse, an old stone house used by either the wealthy landowners, or a smaller one by tenant farmers. The original Masia is a stone's throw from Camp Nou.

Ok, Jebbison--if his brothers are playing lower tier in England, and the family is there, what makes us think he's interested in Canada?

On 8/8/2021 at 6:27 AM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

The latest rumour is that Belgian Pro League side (2nd from bottom after 3 games but 9th last year after promotion) Beerschot are also in the mix. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15808530/sheff-utd-qpr-dieng-arsenal-ramsdale-transfer/

Of course, as always, it's the Sun. 

If they continue to fight to prevent relegation this season, I highly doubt they're gonna play a 17 year old kid to save them.

2 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

If they continue to fight to prevent relegation this season, I highly doubt they're gonna play a 17 year old kid to save them.

Beerschot are a sister club of SU. I imagine they're going into this eyes wide open and there would be playing time requirements

This is from a few hours ago, sorry for formatting....

Slavisa Jokanovic opens door for Daniel Jebbison to leave Sheffield United on loan with Sunderland, Burton Albion and Doncaster Rovers keen

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/slavisa-jokanovic-opens-door-for-daniel-jebbison-to-leave-sheffield-united-on-loan-with-sunderland-burton-albion-and-doncaster-rovers-keen-3341528

With Cavallini out injured for the first WCQ window, I don't see a scenario where Jebbo doesn't get the call up. From Herdman's point of view, it would either be him or Akindele, but I think the opportunity to cap-tie Jebbison has to give him the edge over Akindele, who I don't think would really offer much more than Jebbison aside from some experience. That said, with a shortage of strikers it would be valuable to be able give Jebbison some of that experience by letting him come off the bench in some big games. From Jebbison's point of view, these are big games where he is almost guaranteed to see at least some playing time, so I think he would 100% accept the call.

Discuss.

7 minutes ago, frmr said:

With Cavallini out injured for the first WCQ window, I don't see a scenario where Jebbo doesn't get the call up. From Herdman's point of view, it would either be him or Akindele, but I think the opportunity to cap-tie Jebbison has to give him the edge over Akindele, who I don't think would really offer much more than Jebbison aside from some experience. That said, with a shortage of strikers it would be valuable to be able give Jebbison some of that experience by letting him come off the bench in some big games. From Jebbison's point of view, these are big games where he is almost guaranteed to see at least some playing time, so I think he would 100% accept the call.

Discuss.

I would love to see Jebbison called up and capped.  I think he is definitely one to add to our player pool and could be huge in the future.  

Having said that, I don’t see Herdman taking anyone other than his best lineup for every individual WCQ game from now on.  I doubt he thinks his job is on the line or anything but everyone, including him, knows what is at stake during this series of games.  He will go with what he sees as the absolute strongest lineup every single time.  Full stop. The only way I could ever see this changing is if we somehow considered one specific game (e.g. away to Mexico) as a throwaway - but that is extremely unlikely given the points we need and the possibility of taking points off anyone else (for one them to fight harder against others).  

Jebbison may get called into a camp if we use an extended group to fill out game-day rosters, but there will be no caps given to anyone who isn’t the first choice for their role - whether starter or sub.  

And that’s no cap.