Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

There is an chance he gets called up with the injuries. They need two strikers and a LB. 

Except for the fact he is prioritizing pre season, like David, Millar, Arfield, etc. The timing of the unfollows though.....just coincidence, perhaps?

Worth remembering that Sheffield United are not short on attackers. 

Captain Billy Sharpe (ancient to be fair) and Oli McBurnie (who would have gone to the Euros with Scotland) were injured when he got his chance. 

Add another older player in McGoldrick but a few younger ones in Mousett, Oli Burke, and Rhian Brewster, who they paid £23.5 million for.   All six have decent Premier League minutes.   

Jebbison did get a half in the only friendly I can see them playing so far, back on the 10th of July, along with Mousset, Brewster and McGoldrick.  And there are rumours about McGoldrick and Brewster leaving, for what they are worth.

New manager Jokanovic played 433 last time I saw him, but that was 2018 and he didn't last long in that Premier League season with Fulham.  

4 minutes ago, frmr said:

Where are you seeing this?

I believe the site was called Sheffield United News.  Was trying to find where I saw it earlier.  

found it:

I can’t link it for some reason, but it’s at Sheffieldunited.news

Edited by Weng

22 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Yeah but let's not overdo it. Young kid gets minutes at the end of a lost cause season with lots of injuries. Ceratinly hope he pans out but pro and semi-pro leagues are littered with guys that got a sniff as a kid

That's true but sometimes you just see talent on display and think, "there it is."

I remember watching his debut and he was the most athletic guy on the field among all his seasoned Prem colleagues. I am confident he's got this, which is why I find the League One loan speculation a little perplexing. 

Edited by Macksam

54 minutes ago, Macksam said:

That's true but sometimes you just see talent on display and think, "there it is."

I remember watching his debut and he was the most athletic guy on the field among all his seasoned Prem colleagues. I am confident he's got this, which is why I find the League One loan speculation a little perplexing. 

It's not perplexing though for his age. At 18 League One is a really good level. Grealish and Kane played League One at 18 and 17. 

18 hours ago, Obinna said:

Opinion: Daniel Jebbison going on loan wouldn't be the worst idea in the world

Weird coincidence.

In this era of "citizen journalists" - to be very generous - I would not count on it being a coincidence. 

33 minutes ago, Macksam said:

How were you lucky enough to end up watching mid-table obscure Palace and relegated Sheffield United? 

Generally League 1 is not outside the realm of a good move.  He played in the Professional Development League (as they don't have a Category 1 Academy).  His team was good, topped their division (regionally divided) and he was third top scorer on his team and tied for 10th in the league.  The u23s from the Premier League 2 (up a level) play against League 1 and 2 teams in the Cup and often get beat. 

That's said his new manager is saying all the right things:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-talks-are-arranged-to-decide-the-next-phase-of-these-young-players-careers-3306293

I don’t care about ‘young’ or ‘old’. I play 16 and 26 (year-olds),” Jokanovic said. “I don’t treat them like kids. I treat them like adults. I treat them all exactly the same.

“I started working with them last week. Because of various things that have been going on, such as people being away (on European Championship duty), I was working with 12 players so we brought in 10 from the under-23’s to join in.”

“What I am bothered about is personality and ability of course, not age,” he continued. “Personality, for me, is really important.”

5 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

It's not perplexing though for his age. At 18 League One is a really good level. Grealish and Kane played League One at 18 and 17. 

It isn't for his age group, but for him it still is after two successful Premier League appearances.

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

DAZN, I have access to all the games.

We got  access to every game here as well, since the pandemic. (There was a law against it before).  It was just a very little joke about choosing to watch a game without anything riding on it. 

I'm very much hoping Jebbison chooses Canada and scores many many goals for some (other) team in the Premier league.  I am just keeping it grounded for now.  He burst on to the scene with an early goal  in a tough situation like some other players I have seen. I think of Freddy Sears (who?)scored a winning goal on his debut and probably stuck around West Ham  for too long before going on loan and then permanently moving to Championship and League 1 sides. West Ham had their owners and main sponsor go bankrupt the next year and certainly had fewer striking options than the Blades do right now. 

He ended up having a decent Championship career with Ipswich but makes you wonder what if.

But Sheffield United  getting relegated probably helps Jebbison and the new manager seems keen, people give him credit for developing Sessegnon (as far as that goes) etc. So here's hoping. 

32 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

We got  access to every game here as well, since the pandemic. (There was a law against it before).  It was just a very little joke about choosing to watch a game without anything riding on it. 

I'm very much hoping Jebbison chooses Canada and scores many many goals for some (other) team in the Premier league.  I am just keeping it grounded for now.  He burst on to the scene with an early goal  in a tough situation like some other players I have seen. I think of Freddy Sears (who?)scored a winning goal on his debut and probably stuck around West Ham  for too long before going on loan and then permanently moving to Championship and League 1 sides. West Ham had their owners and main sponsor go bankrupt the next year and certainly had fewer striking options than the Blades do right now. 

He ended up having a decent Championship career with Ipswich but makes you wonder what if.

But Sheffield United  getting relegated probably helps Jebbison and the new manager seems keen, people give him credit for developing Sessegnon (as far as that goes) etc. So here's hoping. 

Haha, understandable. Well, to be more detailed, I actually flipped it on to the second half on the rare chance he was going to get subbed in and voila, it happened so my time wasn't fully wasted. This was his debut.

His second appearance, he started so I watched that from beginning to end. 

As for the rest of your post, I understand it's good to be grounded and tempar expectations, don't get me wrong. However, this guy just has something, the soccer equivalent of a Lemieux 66 getting drafted by the Penguins vibe.

He reminds me of Patrick Kluivert if we want to take it back to soccer comparisons. 

Edited by Macksam

3 minutes ago, Macksam said:

As for the rest of your post, I understand it's good to be grounded and tempar expectations, don't get me wrong. However, this guy just has something, the soccer equivalent of a Lemieux 66 getting drafted by the Penguina vibe.

He reminds me of Patrick Kluivert if we want to take it back to soccer comparisons. 

Fair enough, as I said here's hoping.  Has some of the physical tools to build on, for sure. 

9 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Talking about Grealish; did any of you catch during the Euros final when he was substituted in and they cut to the crowd reaction.  They showed this women holding up an England shiirt with Mrs Grealish written on the back and the number was 69.  I haven’t laughed so load at a footie match for a long time.  

I didn't watch it but I was listening to the commentary on the SU stream and the colour guy spoke about Jebbo for about 2-3 minutes saying he thinks he's the complete striker and while he still has a lot to learn because he's so young the raw material there is unbelievable. Also said how he hasn't looked out of place in the step up from U19 to U23 and indeed didn't look out of place in his jump to the senior team. Said the manager will have some very difficult decisions upcoming.

7 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Sheffield United manager does not feel Jebbison is ready for regular first team football at the Championship level.  A number of teams are interested but it appears as though Sunderland (League One) are frontrunners for a loan.  

Where’d you see this ?

8 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Sheffield United manager does not feel Jebbison is ready for regular first team football at the Championship level.  A number of teams are interested but it appears as though Sunderland (League One) are frontrunners for a loan.  

They think he is there already

"Sheffield United’s Daniel Jebbison has been spotted at the Stadium of Light during the game"

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/the-story-of-will-griggs-winner-for-sunderland-with-potential-new-signing-daniel-jebbison-watching-on-3329206