Jump to content

Daniel Jebbison


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

…Ayo today, the Jebbi tomorrow.

Would be nice.

In honesty, if we could get one of Jebbers, Dias or Flores in the next couple of years, it would be a pretty solid outcome for us.  With Ayo now in, and Corbeanu committing a while ago, our attacking future is almost getting locked down already.  Now if only we could start churning out top class centre backs...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Would be nice.

In honesty, if we could get one of Jebbers, Dias or Flores in the next couple of years, it would be a pretty solid outcome for us.  With Ayo now in, and Corbeanu committing a while ago, our attacking future is almost getting locked down already.  Now if only we could start churning out top class centre backs...

Jebbers....sounds like nickname for your dog or something lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

 

I think you may be right, unfortunately. If Jebbison was going to be there why wouldn't they announce it with Ayo? 

Possibly because it wouldn't be official yet? With Akinola, his one-time switch means he is officially cap-tied. Even if Jebbison is on the 23-man squad, if he doesn't play he isn't cap-tied. So maybe they're just not wanting to announce anything until it's official. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not on the 23-man though. I still think (hope) he will commit sometime this year though, if not for this tournament.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Would be nice.

In honesty, if we could get one of Jebbers, Dias or Flores in the next couple of years, it would be a pretty solid outcome for us.  With Ayo now in, and Corbeanu committing a while ago, our attacking future is almost getting locked down already.  Now if only we could start churning out top class centre backs...

They’re young, who knows, maybe we see Jeb and Ayo line up as our two CB’s as early as next year!

Vittoria has more goals than many forwards too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I’d imagine he’s in red shortly.

I think so too, and it will be a very happy day if/when it happens. We all know he's the youngest debutante to score in the EPL, but he's also the 8th youngest scorer period. He's scored at a younger age than Raheem Sterling, Gareth Bale, Mason Greenwood, Serge Gnabry, Rio Ferdinand, Marcus Rashford, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.. all of which got their first goals in the 17-18 range. Some pretty good company to be ahead of in the record books.

Edited by frmr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do we really expect him to commit at this point?   Don’t get me wrong - I would absolutely love to see him in red and white.  But are we just going on the fact that we have an injury to fill and he was on our 60 man list (and he unfollowed England)?   Seems a bit of a stretch - but I really hope I am wrong about it.  Maybe this is one of those lucky cases where he really does feel Canadian and patriotism is a major influence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Do we really expect him to commit at this point?   Don’t get me wrong - I would absolutely love to see him in red and white.  But are we just going on the fact that we have an injury to fill and he was on our 60 man list (and he unfollowed England)?   Seems a bit of a stretch - but I really hope I am wrong about it.  Maybe this is one of those lucky cases where he really does feel Canadian and patriotism is a major influence. 

I think he commits at some point during WCQ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reality is if we do make WC 2022, with Herdman and team chemistry, morale etc etc. I'm not sure he really let's anyone walk right in to the WC show who wasn't part of the process. Especially with all our attacking options unless we are slaughtered with injuries up front or something.

I always thought he would commit and join at some point during this WCQ cycle because of above. 

Time will tell. 

He's top 5 on our strikers depth chart is he even top 15 in England? Guys banging in 20+ in the championship in England don't even get a whiff of the England national team. 

Edited by apbsmith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not that he is all that accurate but wasn't it Wheeler, maybe platt, that said it was looking positive for Jebbison in the fall for Canada?

The instagram and twitter unfollow does seem trivial except I actual don't think it is. Firstly does anyone actually do the unfollow thing intentionally unless it's someone that has upset you. The England accounts don't fall under that scenario unless it's an unnecessary follow for his career. If you are an English player with intentions to play for England you don't unfollow both their accounts imo. 

Could be a ploy/message to the English FA to hint he is going elsewhere if he isnt given more English attention. That is very far fetched though, not least when he made the last u19 squad. He is a million miles away from a full call up too. 

Those scenarios are if he even manages either of those accounts anyway. If he isn't I would say it's even more telling the were unfollowed. 

He has great potential for international minutes with Canada immediately, he doesn't with England is far past double digits in the queue. Not least he is Canadian.

I don't expect him in the GC. They arent bringing someone from Europe over for what could be just 90 mins of which he might get 20. I do expect him in the fall, IF he continues to get minutes with Sheffield United. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Not that he is all that accurate but wasn't it Wheeler, maybe platt, that said it was looking positive for Jebbison in the fall for Canada?

The instagram and twitter unfollow does seem trivial except I actual don't think it is. Firstly does anyone actually do the unfollow thing intentionally unless it's someone that has upset you. The England accounts don't fall under that scenario unless it's an unnecessary follow for his career. If you are an English player with intentions to play for England you don't unfollow both their accounts imo. 

Could be a ploy/message to the English FA to hint he is going elsewhere if he isnt given more English attention. That is very far fetched though, not least when he made the last u19 squad. He is a million miles away from a full call up too. 

Those scenarios are if he even manages either of those accounts anyway. If he isn't I would say it's even more telling the were unfollowed. 

He has great potential for international minutes with Canada immediately, he doesn't with England is far past double digits in the queue. Not least he is Canadian.

I don't expect him in the GC. They arent bringing someone from Europe over for what could be just 90 mins of which he might get 20. I do expect him in the fall, IF he continues to get minutes with Sheffield United. 

Wheeler did say it was hopeful we would see him in September. Not sure what exactly he based it off, but Herdman did say the challenge for him in accepting the call was that his preseason with a new manager was important for him to be a part of and that Herdman couldn’t guarantee him minutes if he did come. You would think he would be willing to come during a Fifa window when he’s not missing anything at Sheffield Utd. I know I’m biased but if I was Jebbo I would be coming for WCQ. Logically it all adds up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...