Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

8 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

They’ve been called along with Ayo, Luke and Marcelo.

You can’t just drop big reveals like this without giving some indication of where the info is coming from.  If you have some insider info and can’t reveal the actual source, then say something to that effect.  Otherwise it seems really sus.  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

You can’t just drop big reveals like this without giving some indication of where the info is coming from.  If you have some insider info and can’t reveal the actual source, then say something to that effect.  Otherwise it seems really sus.  

My bad, can’t say say more. All I know is each was called to come, that doesn’t mean they accepted. I have no knowledge of that beyond that they were called. 

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

My bad, can’t say say more. All I know is each was called to come, that doesn’t mean they accepted. I have no knowledge of that beyond that they were called. 

Makes sense to put the offer out there so that’s not a big surprise.

i can’t imagine Jebbison or Flores accepting. Dias I would say is unlikely but possible. Ayo has a decent chance of accepting though.

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

That is cool.  Respect that you can’t reveal your source.  Just wanted to make sure it was coming from somewhere reliable (and not just speculation) 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

That is cool.  Respect that you can’t reveal your source.  Just wanted to make sure it was coming from somewhere reliable (and not just speculation) 

Yeah my bad. Going forward at this point y’all can assume that every dual (Akinola, Singh, Dias, Flores, Jebbison) is in contact or being asked to come to most things. Doesn’t mean they’ll accept. The ones playing/ones at higher lest/best form are the most likely to have been asked/rejected if they aren’t there.

i.e if Flores can’t crack Arsenal U-23 for example, odds are they’re talking but won’t call him for a WCQ in the fall, if Jebbison lights up the Champ, you’d best believe they’re doing everything to recruit him and that he’s always getting a call.

What I can say/know, is partly common knowledge that playing is key to a call, and higher the level/the better. They are aware of duals, and want them. If he’s not there it’s likely that he said no, he being X Y or Z dual.

Edited by Dominic94

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Yeah my bad. Going forward at this point y’all can assume that every dual (Akinola, Singh, Dias, Flores, Jebbison) is in contact or being asked to come to most things. Doesn’t mean they’ll accept. The ones playing/ones at higher lest/best form are the most likely to have been asked/rejected if they aren’t there.

i.e if Flores can’t crack Arsenal U-23 for example, odds are they’re talking but won’t call him for a WCQ in the fall, if Jebbison lights up the Champ, you’d best believe they’re doing everything to recruit him and that he’s always getting a call.

What I can say/know, is partly common knowledge that playing is key to a call, and higher the level/the better. They are aware of duals, and want them. If he’s not there it’s likely that he said no, he being X Y or Z dual.

Seems overly speculative. I would have just said something like " I think they will try and call up anyone who is good" to make the same point. 

I enjoy fan banter and talking like that tbf, but it's not really something we should be basing assumptions of fact off. Certainly not without sources or links.

We are a sensitive crowd when it comes to dual nationals, as im sure you know haha

2 hours ago, Shway said:

If all these guys accept the call for the Gold Cup, we could see our youngest squad ever.

Hard to believe how much talent has emerged in our B squad. It's easy to forget how bad we were just a few years back. The impact of MLS academies looks to be paying off huge. Now, we just need the CPL to build bigger eh

Jebbo commenting on Corbeanu's Canada posts. Corbeanu didn't follow him until the Everton game, indicating no prior relationship. I don't know why everyone is so worried. All the reasoning has been said already on this forum so I won't elaborate. I'm definitely a minority with this opinion.

Quick reminder that he scored a single well-positioned tap-in and that he was only playing because his team was doomed. He didn't score or assist in the next two games. He hasn't even played in the PL2, for god's sake... he's still a 17-year-old academy kid with three games under his belt. To say he has a bright future is already getting ahead of ourselves.

9 minutes ago, SwedishBadMan said:

Jebbo commenting on Corbeanu's Canada posts. Corbeanu didn't follow him until the Everton game, indicating no prior relationship. I don't know why everyone is so worried. All the reasoning has been said already on this forum so I won't elaborate. I'm definitely a minority with this opinion.

Quick reminder that he scored a single well-positioned tap-in and that he was only playing because his team was doomed. He didn't score or assist in the next two games. He hasn't even played in the PL2, for god's sake... he's still a 17-year-old academy kid with three games under his belt. To say he has a bright future is already getting ahead of ourselves.

Ofc he could turn out to not be a quality player but the fact that he’s been called to England’s U18 squad twice is a good sign.

Edited by Floortom

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Ofc he could turn out to not be a quality player but the fact that he’s been called to England’s U18 said twice is a good sign.

I mean... sure, but he didn't do anything on his solitary appearance. He doesn't even have PL2 credentials. I wish him well but he hasn't shown much yet.

12 minutes ago, SwedishBadMan said:

All that aside, you don't get a Premier League start and callup to England youth teams without being a good player. Of course anything can happen and players all develop differently, but I think anyone can see that with a bit of luck he most definitely has a bright future.

21 minutes ago, frmr said:

All that aside, you don't get a Premier League start and callup to England youth teams without being a good player. Of course anything can happen and players all develop differently, but I think anyone can see that with a bit of luck he most definitely has a bright future.

Seems timely that I bring this up... 80% of the Surinamese first eleven were Dutch youth internationals. Now they're playing for #136 globally and an Eerste Divisie club. Heck, Frank Sturing was a Dutch youth international. Now, he's number 5 on the Canadian CENTRE-BACK depth chart.

All I'm saying is that being a youth international for a football powerhouse counts for something, but ultimately very little in the long run. I'm sure if you combed the Belgian, French, Italian youth pages, you'd see even more talents that peaked early. Not slandering Jebbison or calling him bad, just pointing out how unproven he is.

25 minutes ago, SwedishBadMan said:

Seems timely that I bring this up... 80% of the Surinamese first eleven were Dutch youth internationals. Now they're playing for #136 globally and an Eerste Divisie club. Heck, Frank Sturing was a Dutch youth international. Now, he's number 5 on the Canadian CENTRE-BACK depth chart.

All I'm saying is that being a youth international for a football powerhouse counts for something, but ultimately very little in the long run. I'm sure if you combed the Belgian, French, Italian youth pages, you'd see even more talents that peaked early. Not slandering Jebbison or calling him bad, just pointing out how unproven he is.

in fairness that #136 is probably going to shoot up 

• 2 weeks later...