HFX Wanderers Season Thread 2021

Big_M

Halifax Wanderers Football Club announced that Matt Fegan has been promoted to the newly created role of Sporting Director and will work hand-in-hand with Head Coach Stephen Hart, who will assume the additional role of Technical Director.

Edited by Ansem

Disappointed for Camara as I would have given him a chance at a full season next year but Hart must have seen enough to send him packing.

Best wishes to Doner and Firth with the latter an original Wanderer; hopefully he can catch on with another team next season.  The other three will not be missed.

20 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Maybe I'm misreading things but my impression was that it was left deliberately ambiguous as to whether it was the club or the players that declined to activate option years. May vary from player to player.

No I think your right on this one. My feeling is it was a mixed bag. For instance heavy rumors his agent wanted him to go to USL so he almost for sure left on his own. Firth was a local guy but clearly isnt at a CPL level at this stage of his life so he was likely dropped. Karajovanovic is a total mystery. The others who knows?... I think one of the things about this league is with no press coverage we are often left in the dark. No one to ask questions - organizations spinning things how they like.