HFX Wanderers Season Thread 2021

Big_M

Looks like he is solid is PLSQ1 - not sure how that will translate into the Wanderers. Tomasz Skublak scored frequently in the Ontario but generally looked out of place when he got here. We basically needed another body with injuries and Soh gone back to school. Maybe this is a case of 'the best cheap guy available' for the rest of the season?

he destroyed plsq with over a goal per game and putting his second year team near the top..balbinotti has three goals in five games with the last placed team but hasnt played since early august so gotta wonder whats going on..just going back to uqtr or...anyway it will get interesting in quebec as two dose vaccination is now mandatory for soccer as team activity

Doesn’t anyone know who f tickets will be available to the public for the CF Montreal game?   I haven’t seen anything yet and with reduced attendance it may be only for STH (not sure if the numbers so pure speculation).   Basically, if anyone has any insight I would appreciate any info you can pass along.  Thx 

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Doesn’t anyone know who f tickets will be available to the public for the CF Montreal game?   I haven’t seen anything yet and with reduced attendance it may be only for STH (not sure if the numbers so pure speculation).   Basically, if anyone has any insight I would appreciate any info you can pass along.  Thx 

No way to say. The Nova Scotia government said they will not lift capacity restrictions until 75% of the adult population is vaccinated. So there is no firm date. Im not really sure if 3800 fully vaccinated in an outdoor venue is more risky then 6000 fully vaccinated in an outdoor venue. However this is where we stand.

If Oxner isn't permanently benched, it will be a travesty. He has cost HFX so many points already this season. Maybe they are concerned about demoting a local player, but this is pro sports! This is how we are going to improve as a soccer nation, by rewarding and punishing players based on their performances. His leash has already been too long. The team is only 4 points out of the top 4. 

The backup keeper is Kiera Baskett. His only action all year was against Blainville where he didn't have much work. However in his limited work he looked pretty shaky to me. I think the hard reality is Oxner is the best (and only)option for this season. An upgrade is badly needed for next season though for sure. I feel Oxner would have a spot as an experienced backup keeper but he shouldn't be starting based on this years body of work.

...but not a goalkeeper. Guess if the transfer window is closed options might be quite limited on that front and they could wind up with the Boskovic for Pacific against Cavalry deer in a car's headlights scenario where it looked like a known weakness of a player who has been in ths league before was being ruthlessly exploited so they are hoping Oxner gets his confidence back and turns it around. 

On 9/5/2021 at 11:58 AM, dyslexic nam said:

I'm pretty sure they're on sale now and Wanderers Grounds will be full capacity for the cup match against Montreal. Provincial restrictions stayed in place, but the NS gov said they have agreements in place with the Wanderers and Mooseheads to go ahead with any events they've sold tickets for prior to October 5th (I think). Interesting that the Wanderers removed the testing option for access to the Grounds though - need to be double vaxxed if over 12 now - might have been a requirement/negotiation item from the NS gov to go ahead with matches at full capacity.

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/overflow-crowd-for-halifax-wanderers-game-generates-buzz-for-more-big-events-1.5598099

At 2:00 of the video version of the story. Paul Hollingworth (the reporter) reveals Derrick Martin is in full Lobbying mode with various levels of government to upgrade to a permanent stadium on Wanderers Grounds.

Edited by grasshopper1917