HFX Wanderers Season Thread 2021

Big_M

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Would Indy be looking at a Usports guy without his positive showing with Halifax last summer??  Whats the news here??  Guys that are good quality can find teams in different leagues that will pay more?? Someone should inform MLS of this as I see young players leaving it for more money in europe. 

Is the story that the CPL in year 2 cant compete with wages paid by one of the top USL teams with MLS aspirations??  

Pretty much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming into year 1 I was skeptical about the use of the USPORTS draft in the CPL, but Halifax really seems to have made the most of scouting the Canadian University scene. Every year now they've got a difference makers from the draft.

I'm really impressed with Stefan Karajovanovic thus far. He is an absolute sparkplug. It feels like once he just needs to get the monkey off his back with his first goal, and then the flood gates will be open. It's going to be hard to keep him off the field once Garcia is back. Cory Bent is in a similar boat, he always looks impressive on the ball but with little results thus far. Exciting players to watch.

Kareem Sow and Jake Ruby have been solid depth pieces. 

Peter Schaale and Christian Oxner have basically been the key pieces at the back throughout all 3 seasons. Andre Bona was even one of the stronger players in the squad, but seems to have moved on from the professional game.

It's not so much the perogie, it's the dollop of un-refrigerated "no name" sour cream they lard onto the thing from out of that 20L pail on the floor next to the grill top.

On My Gawd, so good.  But a known carcinogen to the State of California and the bane of port-a-potties everywhere.

Still uncertain about the crowd size for the first home game back at the Wanderers Grounds.  I believe we have hit the 45 percent rate for second doses but Public Health is looking to get to that 75 percent target.  I don't know if we will get there by August 2nd.

Official size for outdoor gatherings in Phase 4 is set at 250.  

On 7/16/2021 at 12:24 AM, Terry_Canuck said:

Still uncertain about the crowd size for the first home game back at the Wanderers Grounds.  I believe we have hit the 45 percent rate for second doses but Public Health is looking to get to that 75 percent target.  I don't know if we will get there by August 2nd.

Official size for outdoor gatherings in Phase 4 is set at 250.  

I was told they would have 6 sections at 250 each. 

It's tough watching the team struggle so much inside the 18. Scoring is laborious, and we really don't look threatening. It reminds me of our first season, where our backline was rarely letting in more than a goal per game, and yet we couldn't get the W very often because our front couldn't finish the job. 

3 goals in 7 games (well, there is still extra time left in the Eddies game I'm watching now). Less than 0.5 per game. We will be bottom table again if we can't resolve this. I miss Golden Boot winning Garcia!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All,

I hope i don't get in trouble for posting here, but I just moved to NS and am looking for 2 tixs to bring my son to the grounds (Sept 3).  Unfortunately they are selling single games tickets.  Does anyone know where I could possibly look to find a pair?  I know it might be tough with the limited capacity and the fact that the fans here are passionate about HFX.

On 8/30/2021 at 8:02 AM, whositwhatnow said:

Hello All,

I hope i don't get in trouble for posting here, but I just moved to NS and am looking for 2 tixs to bring my son to the grounds (Sept 3).  Unfortunately they are selling single games tickets.  Does anyone know where I could possibly look to find a pair?  I know it might be tough with the limited capacity and the fact that the fans here are passionate about HFX.

Here is the place you want to be! I actually just sold my ticket due to the 6pm local start time. Might be lucky and get a few others that wont be able to make it due to work. Good luck!   https://www.facebook.com/groups/1045637282312241