Valour FC Season Thread 2021

Big_M

On 11/8/2021 at 4:55 PM, K Edgar said:

Now that is over, what about next year...

LOANS - likely gone
Jonathan Sirois
Rocco Romeo
Sean Rea
Jared Ulloa
Rodrigo Reyes

RESIGNED - staying
Andrew Jean-Baptiste

STAYING (in my opinion)
Raphael Ohin - local
Federico Peña - local
William Akio - should be priority
Moses Dyer
Austin Ricci
Andy Baquero - should be priority
Stefan Cebara
Daryl Fordyce
Brett Levis - history with Dos Santos at VWFC?
Tony Mikhael - young, has potential
Rafael Galhardo - one more year?  Better with Dos Santos

50/50 (in my opinion)
Matt Silva
Keven Alemán
José Galán - does he play another year?

GONE (in my opinion)
Amir Soto - unused, gone
Masta Kacher - didn't seem to workout in 2021
Arnold Bouka Moutou - didn't seem to workout in 2021

GK Options?
Yuba-Rayane Yesli - 2021 USport pick, bring him back in 2022?
Svyatik Artemenko - former reserve goalie - winning with Guelph United (L1O) (and UGuelph?)

DEVELOPMENT - retained on dev contracts
Caden Tomy - can he remain on development contract another year?
Jacob Tsai - reserve goalie

Unless Sirois has something better to do than sit on a bench or play reserve team football I can see him coming back.  Another loan elsewhere may be in works though.

Romeo is a project I'm not sure Dos Santos wants to take on even with AJB back in the lineup.

Akio and Dyer top of the priority list.  If either gets away it's going to feel like Rob Gale 2.0 to me.

Don't feel there needs to be a ton of turn over if targetting certain positions can be successful in the off season.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:00 PM, K Edgar said:

zW5gi1NJ_normal.png

Congratulations to for his call up to the National Team for their upcoming international friendly matches against Gambia and Algeria. #ForValour | #CanPL

Unfortunately these matches were cancelled after visa issues causing the team not to get into the UAE.

The match against Algeria was not against their main team headed by Mahrez (they actually have WCQ today), but instead against their "local" national team that will compete in next month's FIFA Arab Cup.

I've seen some comments from South Sudanese supporters on Akio's vlog and they seem to view him as an integral part of their future. He's someone that I hope gets another season in the CPL and then can be sold to Europe. He grew a lot from start-finish in his first professional season.

I wonder if the South Sudanese diaspora can lead him to spend his offseason playing in Australia.

On 11/21/2021 at 4:43 PM, narduch said:

Not sure if they give an award for it but Ricci is the Voyageurs Cup golden boot winner with 3 goals

Valour FC must have read your post and have now tweeted about it...

·
1h

Austin Ricci has finished as the top goalscorer at the Canadian Championship, the first time a player finished atop the leaderboard. Congrats,  #ForValour | #CanPL

He seems to have taken the approach of using his abilities as a low-level pro to travel the world. More power to him. He was barely good enough to start in his first season at Valour, and these abilities only declined with age and injury. It's great that he can leave on his own terms, but I don't think the club would be inviting him back in a playing role. Maybe this is xenophobic or ageist, but I don't think CanPL roster spots are best used on late-30s Spanish journeymen benchwarmers.

20 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Romeo had the option year on his MLS contract declined by TFC today. Could definitely see he returning to Valour, or maybe head back to Europe where he was playing in Denmark with HB Kobe, this kid will have options. 

Julian Dunn had option declined as well.  Likewise he to will have options beyond the CPL, but a return to Valour is not impossible.

Either Romeo or Dunn partnered with Jean-Baptiste would be a solid central pairing.