Valour FC Season Thread 2021

Big_M

https://valourfc.canpl.ca/article/i-want-to-help-make-sure-the-team-still-has-in-sight-the-mission-at-hand-im-not-leaving-my-team-because-of-this-andrew-jean-baptiste-will-miss-remainder-of-season

I think this was obvious to anyone who saw his reaction to the injury live, but Andrew Jean-Baptiste is out for the season with a left ACL tear. This is a huge blow to Valour, losing their MVP and arguably the best player in the league during the bubble. The rest of the back line to date has been made up of guys playing out of position, so we'll see how long they can hold up. Word is another CB is about to arrive in town, but we'll see.

27 minutes ago, yothat2 said:

has kevin aleman been an impact player or fordyce ..

rmbr jeff paulus saying he was planning on building fc edmonton around him

Neither has made much of a positive impact in the matches I've watched. Aleman in particular has some talents but often seems to forget that he has teammates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 6:47 AM, Pottsy3 said:

Considering the talk of Valour needing goal scorers, I looked into a player whom I thought would've signed with Valour in the past: Winnipeg native and former Foothills star Moses Danto. Turns out Danto got into some legal troubles after assaulting an RCMP last fall, so looks like we won't see that career come to fruition.

Apparently his Sudanese background had caused delays when Foothills crossed the border in previous years, can't imagine this will help

7 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Just for a trip down memory lane, I looked up this thread:  

Um

7 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Just for a trip down memory lane, I looked up this thread:  

I'm thinking Aleman might have been at Valladolid when TFC coach Pérez was still there, could be wrong. 

Alemán has never corrected the errors in play already identified when he was a prospect there. 

You could argue Bustos has similar flaws but in CPL, with more space and time, has adjusted. Alemán not really. 

I expect those were the terms set by Montreal and Valour just wanted him badly. 

It's more common for clubs to have the recall clause as much as it sucks. It's all on valour for not having a decent back up if they don't feel they have one. Interesting to see if they promote the giant draft pick or try for another keeper from elsewhere.

If he is back in a few weeks when Pantemis is fit they will likely just stay as is.

Edited by toontownman

10 hours ago, toontownman said:

I expect those were the terms set by Montreal and Valour just wanted him badly. 

It's more common for clubs to have the recall clause as much as it sucks. It's all on valour for not having a decent back up if they don't feel they have one. Interesting to see if they promote the giant draft pick or try for another keeper from elsewhere.

If he is back in a few weeks when Pantemis is fit they will likely just stay as is.

He started for Blainville against HFX last night.

As if my being a Wanderers fan but having season tickets to Atlético wasn't enough in terms of divided loyalties, I've always had a soft spot for Winnipeg. I was out for my morning bike ride through Ottawa earlier wearing my Valour kit, and who passes me and compliments me on my gear but Rob Gale. 

I friggin' love this league. 

On 8/17/2021 at 7:46 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Um

I'm thinking Aleman might have been at Valladolid when TFC coach Pérez was still there, could be wrong. 

Alemán has never corrected the errors in play already identified when he was a prospect there. 

You could argue Bustos has similar flaws but in CPL, with more space and time, has adjusted. Alemán not really. 

Pretty good in the usl tho..played alot of games.