Jump to content

Valour FC Season Thread 2021


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Looks solid with most of his career as a regular starter in Costa Rica's Tier 1 and a stint a few years back in Mexico's Tier 2.  As a senior international signing it would seem to indicate that Galan will not be returning.

I wouldn’t say it means galan won’t be back. They still have almost half the roster to fill out

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess my sleuthing proved to be right! Galhardo to Valour announced.   https://twitter.com/ValourFootball/status/1400497605839310851?s=20  

J. Sirois and S. Rea on loan from CF MTL.

v

1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

"Fordyce is also the seventh and final international player in the current squad."

Looks like that confirms Galan isn't coming back

I thought Fordyce had his Canadian Residency?  If not that rules out Galan and the supposed minimum of 4 U23 internationals on the roster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Northern Tribune reporting that Jose Galan will definitely be back with Valour after completing his season with CP Villarrobledo with a goal.

This gives Valour 4 "senior" internationals. (Galan, Jean-Baptiste, Bouka-Moutou and Monge)

Glad to see him back, seems to enjoy Winnipeg and ready to make Canada a permanent home.

Galan Poised For Valour FC Return - Northern Tribune

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Northern Tribune reporting that Jose Galan will definitely be back with Valour after completing his season with CP Villarrobledo with a goal.

This gives Valour 4 "senior" internationals. (Galan, Jean-Baptiste, Bouka-Moutou and Monge)

Glad to see him back, seems to enjoy Winnipeg and ready to make Canada a permanent home.

Galan Poised For Valour FC Return - Northern Tribune

I don't think anything has been confirmed yet (but I could be wrong). He lives in Winnipeg and is back now so hopefully he'll be back with Valour this season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

So where did the other $750K in revenue come from I wonder?

Sponsor and season ticket revenue had to have taken a kicking. Maybe not?  Don't know.

Was a lot of the season ticket money not retained in exchange for games this season rather than refunded? 

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Was a lot of the season ticket money not retained in exchange for games this season rather than refunded? 

Yes

 

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

So where did the other $750K in revenue come from I wonder?

Sponsor and season ticket revenue had to have taken a kicking. Maybe not?  Don't know.

I believe any Government Grants they received (CERS, CEWS etc..) must be claimed as income.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 1:56 PM, toontownman said:

Exactly. Who the hell is spending 20k on Valour merchandise? Scary.

Come on, I am a hard guy to buy for at x-mas.    By the way if you would like some valour beer cozies, toothpasts or mens adult diapers I can probably hook you up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Come on, I am a hard guy to buy for at x-mas.    By the way if you would like some valour beer cozies, toothpasts or mens adult diapers I can probably hook you up.  

Has the Gale calendar gone to print yet? Gale in his swimming shorts diving into a new surface for every different month of the year. Big seller.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...