Valour FC Season Thread 2021

2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Looks solid with most of his career as a regular starter in Costa Rica's Tier 1 and a stint a few years back in Mexico's Tier 2.  As a senior international signing it would seem to indicate that Galan will not be returning.

I wouldn’t say it means galan won’t be back. They still have almost half the roster to fill out

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess my sleuthing proved to be right! Galhardo to Valour announced.   https://twitter.com/ValourFootball/status/1400497605839310851?s=20  

J. Sirois and S. Rea on loan from CF MTL.

v

1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

"Fordyce is also the seventh and final international player in the current squad."

Looks like that confirms Galan isn't coming back

I thought Fordyce had his Canadian Residency?  If not that rules out Galan and the supposed minimum of 4 U23 internationals on the roster.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Northern Tribune reporting that Jose Galan will definitely be back with Valour after completing his season with CP Villarrobledo with a goal.

This gives Valour 4 "senior" internationals. (Galan, Jean-Baptiste, Bouka-Moutou and Monge)

Glad to see him back, seems to enjoy Winnipeg and ready to make Canada a permanent home.

Galan Poised For Valour FC Return - Northern Tribune

5 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Northern Tribune reporting that Jose Galan will definitely be back with Valour after completing his season with CP Villarrobledo with a goal.

This gives Valour 4 "senior" internationals. (Galan, Jean-Baptiste, Bouka-Moutou and Monge)

Glad to see him back, seems to enjoy Winnipeg and ready to make Canada a permanent home.

Galan Poised For Valour FC Return - Northern Tribune

I don't think anything has been confirmed yet (but I could be wrong). He lives in Winnipeg and is back now so hopefully he'll be back with Valour this season.  

36 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

So where did the other $750K in revenue come from I wonder?

Sponsor and season ticket revenue had to have taken a kicking. Maybe not?  Don't know.

Was a lot of the season ticket money not retained in exchange for games this season rather than refunded? 

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot
53 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Was a lot of the season ticket money not retained in exchange for games this season rather than refunded? 

Yes

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

So where did the other $750K in revenue come from I wonder?

Sponsor and season ticket revenue had to have taken a kicking. Maybe not?  Don't know.

I believe any Government Grants they received (CERS, CEWS etc..) must be claimed as income.

On 3/29/2021 at 1:56 PM, toontownman said:

Exactly. Who the hell is spending 20k on Valour merchandise? Scary.

Come on, I am a hard guy to buy for at x-mas.    By the way if you would like some valour beer cozies, toothpasts or mens adult diapers I can probably hook you up.  

40 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Come on, I am a hard guy to buy for at x-mas.    By the way if you would like some valour beer cozies, toothpasts or mens adult diapers I can probably hook you up.  

Has the Gale calendar gone to print yet? Gale in his swimming shorts diving into a new surface for every different month of the year. Big seller.