MLS Match Updates and Talk 2021

Big_M

Cavallini was listed as "doubtful" rather than "out" for this match according to the MLS player availability report (rather than as "out" or "questionable" - not sure if doubtful is considered worse than questionable) with "left knee irritation).

TFC can possibly be eliminated from the playoffs tomorrow, but one thing they are currently leading in is the injured list - 9 players currently on it for tomorrow's match:

• OUT: Ayo Akinola (torn ACL)
  • OUT: Jozy Altidore (heel)
  • OUT: Ralph Priso (ankle surgery)
  • OUT: Tsubasa Endoh (lower body)
  • OUT: Jordan Perruzza (back)
  • OUT: Dom Dwyer (lower body)
  • OUT: Chris Mavinga (lower body)
  • OUT: Eriq Zavaleta (undisclosed)
  • QUESTIONABLE: Alejandro Pozuelo (lower body)

Not sure how they managed to lead the league in the category every bloody season.

12 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

So while the odds are Godinho's been crap as being unable to beat out Metcalfe might suggest, sometimes the coaches are as blind/mistaken as the fans think they are.

I really doubt that the coaches are out to lunch here  We are not privy to the  day to day training sessions, obviously, but I just don't see it in this case with Schuster and Vanni overseeing things.

Considering the heavy rotation over the last two games, I think he was the only healthy outfield player that didn't make the field.  Even young Habibullah got some garbage time last night.

Edited by BearcatSA

25 minutes ago, narduch said:

Also tonight's ref is also doing Canada v Panama on the 13th

Doesn’t look to be card happy could have easily sent off Edwards with his second yellow , fouled Javier Hernandez which most refs would had given Edwards a second yellow for but opted not too.

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Rare Montreal game is right....TSN never shows them.  It'll be nice to see Waterman, Choiniere.....a couple guys who are at the cusp of getting to the CMNT.  

Montreal looking really sharp after a rainy first half. Up 1-0 off of a well-worked short corner routine. 

Choiniere reminds me a lot of Bustos: he'd be capable of so much more with a bit more pace and more ability on his right foot. Piette has his limitations but for the things he does well, few at his level come close to him.

6 Canadians in the XI, which has been pretty close to the usual for Montreal this year. Fun team.