MLS Match Updates and Talk 2021

Big_M

10 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

TFC eke out the win under steady pressure from the Revs.  But a win is a win and at this point the result was the most important thing.  

Interesting to note that despite a bench full of young Canadian kids, we didn’t see them subbed in.  

Use of the bench (or mis-use) iwas the only early warning flag for Garcia for me. You have 5 subs available, no excuse for waiting 5 minutes to sub off a clearly cramping Endoh. I understand going with the vets to get a badly needed win but they needed more energy off the bench than De Molasses and Dom Glacier provided 

Edited by Gian-Luca

Zero.

That's the number of clues that MDS has.

What an embarrassing display. 

I really hope that Kam Habibullah can find a way out of Vancouver very soon. I say that as a lifelong 'Caps fan. At least Hasal can benefit from facing a ton of shots behind that travesty of a back line in the short term.

8 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Zero.

That's the number of clues that MDS has.

What an embarrassing display. 

I really hope that Kam Habibullah can find a way out of Vancouver very soon. I say that as a lifelong 'Caps fan. At least Hasal can benefit from facing a ton of shots behind that travesty of a back line in the short term.

Cornelius not even in the 18?  Is he hurt?

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Gian-Luca said:

First half of football I have seen at BMO in 16 months and I am not sure it could have been a worse one. Wearing a mask in the stands makes it all the more difficult to be heard by the coach when you are shouting “Javier, would you fucking take off Dwyer and Endoh already!”

Thank you for your service.  

The last few minutes of that tfc game was a joke:

91st minute play stops due to possible head injury - absolutely, can't take any chances with lawsuits getting thrown around.

Dude stays down for 3 minutes of the injury time, certainly the ref will add that 3 minutes at the end.

"Injured" player comes right back on. I've been saying for years they need to impose a rule where an "injured" player has to stay off for 5 minutes.

30 seconds into the extra extra time my 11 year old son turns to me and says "2 and a half minutes left, tfc HAS to get one here."

30 seconds later, with tfc deep in NY territory and threatening, ref blows the whistle to end the game.

Essentially, the "injury" killed 2 minutes of the extra time, and the ref didn't even let tfc finish that last attack to have a chance at nabbing a win.

Joke.

2 minutes, not 3 (90:25 injury, 92:30 ball back in play), and the referee allowed an additional minute and 15 seconds on top of the 5 minutes of announced injury time. Hardly egregious. It's worth noting that the delay was almost certainly made longer by TFC players being pissy and getting in the face of the referee and the New York players.

Edited by jonovision