Montreal MLS Team 2021 Season

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bah, me, personally, I like it.  This is an improvement on U13 Impact across the board.  It needed to be done 10 years ago, even before MLS.  But now is better than never.  Bandaid is off, move o

hes the first winner in this one..gets out of there with one playoff appearance in one season so will put that as a positive in his resume and go everywhere saying he made playoffs..second winner in t

Montreal Manic Brings In Sandro Grande - Northern Tribune  looking to build a stadium in either Montreal or laval. testing the waters for CPL hoping to reach out to some Impact alumni

Posted Images

henry is way safer in montreal..doubt he leaves..there would be way more pressure there with promotion relegation..and he hasnt been good with montreal but still made playoffs and that is often enough to keep you in mls..dont see it happening

50 minutes ago, Big_M said:

henry is way safer in montreal..doubt he leaves..there would be way more pressure there with promotion relegation..and he hasnt been good with montreal but still made playoffs and that is often enough to keep you in mls..dont see it happening

Agree, if the Cherries don't go straight back up the expensive squad will start being dismantled due to FFP making the task of promotion that much more difficult, fans and owners lose their patience quickly!

hes the first winner in this one..gets out of there with one playoff appearance in one season so will put that as a positive in his resume and go everywhere saying he made playoffs..second winner in this one could be the club if they find someone better which they absolutely can and should..but truth is he was weak overall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

And Johnathan Sirois goes on loan to CPL side Valour FC along with Sean Rea.   MLS allows clubs to loan out 5 players a season.

So MTL is at its max...

Sirois, Rea, Giraldo, Yao and Ferdinand.

means Assi, Saliba and Zouhir will have to get time with the big boys, unlikely MTL U-23 plays anytime soon.

48 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

means Assi, Saliba and Zouhir will have to get time with the big boys, unlikely MTL U-23 plays anytime soon.

I wonder if these guys (especially the last 2) are even seen to be ready for CPL, let alone MLS.  I suspect they may be still getting time with the U18s (but not sure they are playing now).

Edited by An Observer
grammar correction
34 minutes ago, An Observer said:

I wonder if these guys (especially the last 2) are even seen to be ready for CPL, let alone MLS.  I suspect they may be still getting time with the U18s (but not sure they are playing now).

Well Assi did play the CL game and was signed before them, he’s highly rated by the club and I’ve heard only good things about Saliba. I know nothing of Zouhir but I wouldn’t be surprised if an exception is made to allow a loan for the others given the situation. It is a certainty that the U-18’s will not play until early June, Quebec just shutdown even further and has the strictest measures North America wide.

some people say Rea has the highest ceiling of the bunch while others say it’s Assi, I’ve seen the same about Assi. I’d imagine the club would have found loans for those furthest from the team.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I’d imagine the club would have found loans for those furthest from the team.

But only if they are not so far that they wouldn't play for a CPL side; better to keep them in their system if that is the case.

Maybe they are closer than the others they loaned but they are also younger so that makes me think they are not ready.  We will see.  And possibly Assi is an exception as what I saw of him with the U15s from 2019 is that he is much more physically ready