TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

18 minutes ago, RS said:

They've been taking part in training this week, as has Osorio.

Dom Dwyer seems to be on trial with TFC, or at least training with the team.

I pray that he is just training with the team because he is Orlando-based and the team is in Orlando. I hadn't even realized he had been cut or released by Orlando (not that I blame them mind you). Not one of my most favourite American players, to put it lightly.

I think this has worked out so far because you still had some key players out there who have experience in big games be it World Cups, Champion League and MLS Cups. The likes of Bradley,Gonzales, Delgado and Bono along with the talent of Laryea and even Auro playing like I’ve never seen him play before. Therefore, you put these players with these young talented Canadians and you will get performances like you had these past two games. I think it gave these kids the confidence to play like they did . I think Armas saw enough in this kids to put them out there . It’s not like he put 11 kids out there to by themselves, but I think he realized that he had enough quality veterans at key positions that he felt his talented young kids would be alright and they were. Shaffelburgh, Okello, Priso and Singh did a hell of a job . Perruzza did not play enough to be judged but he did not look out of place . TFC still have a good core of veterans that can still play and that have all played in some big games. This is not Vancouver of last season where yes they played a lot of Canadians but they had no real quality in their non Canadian players. Toronto has a good core of non Canadians , that should help the young Canadians improve and play well. I’m liking the mix so far and wont be surprised to see a few more Osorios and Laryeas come out of this.

On 4/14/2021 at 11:14 PM, Bison44 said:

So Armas left Dorsey in the gameday roster and played him last week and Deleon was healthy??  WOW!

I'd assume that management was sending a message to DeLeon after his anti-vaxxing BS. I'd guess his days at the club are numbered if he keeps peddling his dangerous nuttery. MLSE won't look kindly on that for long.

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

So Jozy threw the ball on the field i the 91st minute?  That is hilarious. 

#Respect 

I had posted this video the other day in the CCL thread, but still can't make out who Jozy's accomplice is who collected the ball in the first place - my best guess is either Osorio or Pozuelo, but Gallardo is also an option.

I think Andi Petrillo undersells the moment when she says he "tossed" the ball onto the field. I think "rifled it across the field like it was a javelin" would be more apt.

It's same starting line-up as Wednesday, only differences is that Endoh & Zavaleta have been added to the bench (roster size is 20 rather than the CCL 18). Doesn't look like there are any recoveries of all the missing starters (Pozeulo, Altidore, Osorio, Mavinga). Perruzza, Marshall-Rhutty & Fraser are on the bench.

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I previously revised my position on Bradley to admit that he played well against Leon. 

I hereby revise that revision.  Wasted a perfect opportunity to get TFC a second goal and gave Wanyama a clear header for Montreal’s 3rd.  Could easily be 2-2 rather than 3-1 if he was playing better.  

He looks like he's an every-second-game type player.  Great versus Leon, real rough in this one.

Toronto FC looks slow and tired today.

Bradley is noticeably sluggish out there.  I think it’s a good idea to let him sit every few games as he ages.  I don’t see him playing 30+ games and staying fit at this point in his career.

Auro has really been playing forward and has left Singh to fend for himself.  Singh has been getting smoked back there alone.