TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I am happy about this and he deserves it, I’d imagine he has interest and it’s time.

Rutty, Okello and Priso and heck even Fraser need the mid minutes and this could be their shot to get some with Deleon and likely Osorio gone.

If you listen to the full interview it's nothing like as clear cut that he's leaving.

10 hours ago, gator said:

There is a difference though in bringing in a couple of established Canadians to developing many talented youngsters and as I said I think he is a good coach and a good hire but I have felt that about many TFC coaches hired in the past! I look at this different than many TFC fans because I just want young Canadian talent to develop and am not really too concerned about the results, it was frustrating in the past when neither happened!

I get it but Bradley is no dummy , I think he is smart enough to give talented Canadian players enough of a chance to shine . Moreover, he mentioned Priso in his press conference and sounded like he definitely liked what he saw from him. You may not be to concerned with results but in the end it’s about results for these coaches, but like I said Bradley sounds like a guy that will give young players a chance and that is a good thing .

38 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

I get it but Bradley is no dummy , I think he is smart enough to give talented Canadian players enough of a chance to shine . Moreover, he mentioned Priso in his press conference and sounded like he definitely liked what he saw from him. You may not be to concerned with results but in the end it’s about results for these coaches, but like I said Bradley sounds like a guy that will give young players a chance and that is a good thing .

Anybody watching last season saw the impact Ralph Priso had in midfield. Priso's ability to be an all action 6 made up for the pace deficiencies of others and he made numerous recoveries in the games he played. I think JMR, Nelson, Peruzza etc will probably play more minutes this year to develop. Keep in mind Bob Bradley gave then 16 year old Christian Torres a start in a 2020 playoff game making him the youngest ever starter in the playoffs.   

14 hours ago, Tyler55 said:

Anybody watching last season saw the impact Ralph Priso had in midfield. Priso's ability to be an all action 6 made up for the pace deficiencies of others and he made numerous recoveries in the games he played. I think JMR, Nelson, Peruzza etc will probably play more minutes this year to develop. Keep in mind Bob Bradley gave then 16 year old Christian Torres a start in a 2020 playoff game making him the youngest ever starter in the playoffs.   

Yeah, it really sucks that both him and Akinola suffered season ending injuries.  They both seem to be the forgotten men on the team and would made the season less sufferable for us if they remained healthy throughout. 

Pretty happy with Bradley. I would have taken him at the caps over the years. I think there are natural protective concerns regarding the Canadian youngsters but I trust Bradley. TFC said youngsters were the priority but it didn't always work out that way even after the point it was clear the season was clearly a write off. 

It is a very solid hire and will get TFC right back in the mix next season. 

From above article.

Toronto FC has exercised the contract options on goalkeeper Quentin Westberg; defender Auro Jr; midfielders Jonathan Osorio, Noble Okello and forwards Jacob Shaffelburg and Ifunanyachi Achara.

Toronto FC has not exercised options on goalkeeper Kevin Silva; defenders Omar Gonzalez, Eriq Zavaleta, Rocco Romeo, and forward Patrick Mullins.

Defender Julian Dunn; midfielders Liam Fraser, Nick DeLeon, Tsubasa Endoh and forwards Erickson Gallardo and Ayo Akinola will be out of contract at the end of the year.

1 hour ago, gator said:

As it looks now TFC will have significantly less CanCon next season, it's early and maybe this is just part of the negotiating process but Bradley may very well stock this team with many journeymen he knows from the league and a couple of top DP's!

Why would it look like there will be less CanCon? The remaining team has a higher percentage of Canadians than before. If they are able to re-sign Dunn, Fraser or Akinola then they are even further ahead.

40 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Why would it look like there will be less CanCon? The remaining team has a higher percentage of Canadians than before. If they are able to re-sign Dunn, Fraser or Akinola then they are even further ahead.

IF

1 minute ago, Free kick said:

What i dint understand is:  with the GM gone for several weeks now.  And the new coach on board for only few days now,  who is doing all the negociations.

Manning?

There was speculation among the fan groups that Curtis was a lame duck the day Armas was fired and had lost all responsibilities.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:39 PM, BearcatSA said:

I wonder how he handled not starting in either Edmonton match, particularly the Mexico one?

I dont get a sense that he has fallen out of favour with Herdman.  He was prominant in the October window.  The november window had unique challenges (ie.:  pitch and climate) that favoured a more direct game and less ball dribbling and control.  Hence not best suited to his skills.