TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

I think Bradley is a good coach, his record speaks for itself, is he a good fit for TFC and all of the emerging young Canadian talent? Hopefully our MNT showings lately have changed some attitudes but I get a genuine feeling that many American coaches just don't rate our players, he best have an open mind because trotting out American journeymen like some of his predecessors won't cut it!

1 minute ago, gator said:

I think Bradley is a good coach, his record speaks for itself, is he a good fit for TFC and all of the emerging young Canadian talent? Hopefully our MNT showings lately have changed some attitudes but I get a genuine feeling that many American coaches just don't rate our players, he best have an open mind because trotting out American journeymen like some of his predecessors won't cut it!

He gave Kaye and Edwards a shot.

I'm not too worried about this.

2 minutes ago, gator said:

I think if the young Canadians are good enough Bob will use them. I certainly rate his player evaluation more the Curtis or Armas. 

I suspect he has respect for Canadian players given his playing of MAK, Edwards & Jakovic over the past few seasons. He also has respect for John Herdman and I suspect that he's likely noticed who is sitting at the top of the Hex with 6 games left. He may bring with him some preferred American journeyman with him, but I will be surprised if he cleans house by suddenly getting rid of all the young Canadian talent or benching them all so that his son can somehow eat up even more minutes while another year older & slower in 2022.

1 minute ago, narduch said:

He gave Kaye and Edwards a shot.

I'm not too worried about this.

There is a difference though in bringing in a couple of established Canadians to developing many talented youngsters and as I said I think he is a good coach and a good hire but I have felt that about many TFC coaches hired in the past! I look at this different than many TFC fans because I just want young Canadian talent to develop and am not really too concerned about the results, it was frustrating in the past when neither happened!

Just now, gator said:

There is a difference though in bringing in a couple of established Canadians to developing many talented youngsters and as I said I think he is a good coach and a good hire but I have felt that about many TFC coaches hired in the past! I look at this different than many TFC fans because I just want young Canadian talent to develop and am not really too concerned about the results, it was frustrating in the past when neither happened!

MAK and Edwards were basically projects.

Great hire. I always wanted TFC to go for someone like Arena as a replacement for Vanney. This is a hiring of that pedigree. 

Not worried in the slightest about him bringing players along. I am sure he'll notice the young talent at TFC that's not being integrated properly. 

I expect maybe a journeyman or two he's worked with previously, a few significant international TAM/DP level players, and the rest of the talent is there already in the club waiting for him. He's just got to part with some of the dead weight first. 

I'm guessing that with the moniker, "Sporting Director", he will be running all things TFC and Manning will be taking a hands off approach?  Maybe more of the Lieweke-Bez approach where Bez ran the club and Lieweke helped out with the "big fish" signings and getting the necessary resources from the Board.