TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

28 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

You mean good for the DP striker they'll bring in to replace him.  They wont go with Akinola, Achara and perruza.  

I think it’s Borre Santos as the 9, I don’t know what the rest of the numbers go like, but if they’re playing 2 up top....

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Can't make this stuff up.

The "transfer window looming" bit is the more interesting part. Altidore gets injured every 35 seconds so that's not a surprise. I saw an article on the MLS website where Altidore was calling people out for saying he was too old now to contribute to the national team given that he's younger than Lewandowski. The difference is not age but the fact that Lewandowski, instead of getting injured every 35 seconds, scores every 35 seconds.

I wasn't sure if there was any doubt about the future of Piatti, have not followed TFC news closely. Word in Spain is that he may be coming back to play in La Liga, based to a good degree on his performance at TFC. Elche could be the team.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fichajes/mercado-fichajes/20210203/491872357562/pablo-piatti-estaria-cerca-de-volver-a-laliga.html

I have feeling TFC are going to be crap next year.  Piatti adressed two needs that were absent previously but that TFC still managed to get by without in other years.  Name,  a good ball striker and an attacker whose lively on the flanks.  Ok, on a value for the money basis, maybe it wasnt the best deal.  But who is replacing guys like this 

5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Funny there hasnt been the boatload of rumors coming out about new TFC signings.  They must have someone in mind, god knows they'll throw enough money at it.  

I think they were waiting to see what happened with the CBA. I expect a signing this week. Hopefully Jozy is sent packing and they bring in Borre. 

Then sign a real DP winger, something the team hasn't ever had. 

1 minute ago, Mikmacdo said:

I think they were waiting to see what happened with the CBA. I expect a signing this week. Hopefully Jozy is sent packing and they bring in Borre. 

Then sign a real DP winger, something the team hasn't ever had. 

Borre???  Is that credible??  See I knew there had to be some rumors out there, HAHA.  

• 2 weeks later...