TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

5 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

So why was Peruzza recalled from that loan early if they’ve no intention of throwing him out there even when they need a goal? Was it just to ensure he gets no playing time at all?

Likewise, how many chances does Dwyer need to show that he’s past it?

They talk about going on a run and making the playoffs, but they aren't going to make it if they keep drawing every match. 

Perez isn't the answer. I can't stand that he's allergic to making subs

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

They talk about going on a run and making the playoffs, but they aren't going to make it if they keep drawing every match. 

Perez isn't the answer. I can't stand that he's allergic to making subs

It’s not even just the reluctance to play the kids, he had two veteran attacking options he failed to deploy in this match. And it should have been Marky Delgiveaway that was taken off for Osorio rather than Priso

16 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

It’s not even just the reluctance to play the kids, he had two veteran attacking options he failed to deploy in this match. And it should have been Marky Delgiveaway that was taken off for Osorio rather than Priso

Whats the sense of it??  By morning 3 guys will come on and say Delgado was the best player out there and Priso doesnt belong on the roster.  Perez is sticking with the same guys and hoping for something different, he deserves what he gets.    

I just think Priso added something TFC needed in the midfield if they were going to get a winner, when a tiring Bradley is paired with Delgado late in matches the team is vulnerable, Priso was covering lots of space and was always an outlet, he showed some composure after his 2 bad giveaways to want the ball which is great to see in a youngster, I think the ceiling is high IF he plays!

Must be frustrating to see your coach not go to the bench and or use the exact same failing players (Dwyer and Mullins) over you.

This team is playing better defensively, but not much has improved outside of that. Baffled how they went the whole game with 5 defenders.

They're finally playing at home and he's wasting it. I mean lets be real, those 2 away wins were fucking fortunate. He's very lucky he hasn't only grabbed 3 points out of 5 games so far. The points he has grabbed are misleading and will eventually comeback to haunt him if they continue to play like this.

Edited by Colliedor

Wow that was one of the least motivated Tfc teams I have ever seen.  Complete lack of effort for long stretches of the game.  Achara looked good but outside of that team was horrible.  Altidore terrible, Solteldo getting frustrated, Laryea hurt, and only Peruzza got off the bench in this lost cause for young Canadians.  Even Caldwell was saying why wouldn’t Rutty get into this waste of a game.  

Priso injured or suspended? 

Just don't know how Dunn isn't getting a chance. Hope some of these youngsters get out on loan. 

Perez and the higher brass want to salvage the season still and are putting faith in playing more experienced players ahead of the youngsters. Problem is they still haven't realised half their team is the absolute shits. Just impossible to believe that young crop would be any worse. At least they would be on a learning curve. 

The season is practically gone whether they like it or not, use it to play the youngsters.

11 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Priso injured or suspended? 

Just don't know how Dunn isn't getting a chance. Hope some of these youngsters get out on loan. 

Perez and the higher brass want to salvage the season still and are putting faith in playing more experienced players ahead of the youngsters. Problem is they still haven't realised half their team is the absolute shits. Just impossible to believe that young crop would be any worse. At least they would be on a learning curve. 

The season is practically gone whether they like it or not, use it to play the youngsters.

They won more with the kids, and TFC brass believe their defence is more than good enough.

the athletic article on the Armas firing was a good one.

let’s be real here, many of the vets aren’t starters on top teams any more.

That was a good match to watch, lots of skills shown all over the pitch and an unlikely comeback from TFC who were looking down and out, the substitutions changed the match! Priso was very good, he had key passes in both goals and won many balls, caught in  possesion once but other than that he played smartly and with confidence!  

4 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

TFC are down 2-0 to NYCFC and both Altidore and Bradley are subbed out at the half. Is this the start of a new era?

It has been a gasbag season to date: Bradley et al (gotta love Altidore flinging his arms when things don't go his way, which is when? almost never?). Exit stage left. Ga'bye.

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Painful.

Looks like Greg Vanney got out of dodge at the right time. I wonder what his critics have to say now...

We have certainly seen the team America culture was not just him, despite overtures to the contrary the youth movement followed the players last game into the fog.

I wasn't a fan of Vanney, still aren't but that's irrelevant imo. It's on the club hierarchy to replace him adequately. They needed better and got worse. I hope they take this season to find the right coach for next season. Perez isn't the answer but unless the hierarchy take a good hard look at themselves they might as well just stick with him.