TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

Glad that Perez is just an interim coach as he is just way too conservative. Everyone in our section of the stands was shocked when half time began and the same 11 came out on the field. Either Perez still thinks it is 1986 and he can only make 2 subs a match or he has a two sub maximum written into his contract. How Endoh lasted the whole match is beyond me, he couldn’t put Shaffelburg out there for even 5 minutes to run in behind defenders and give the opponent something else to worry about besides Soteldo so he doesn’t get triple teamed the whole match? Even though Jacob might over hit 50% of his crosses just having him making runs in behind would still free up Soteldo a bit to make him more effective. Instead NY knew they had nothing else to worry about on the right side of TFC’s attack and just focused on Soteldo with Pozeulo having an off day in part because there wasn’t  anyone other than Soteldo to pass the ball to. To use 2 subs again (and one only due to injury) on 3 days rest is suicidal when you can make up to 5. 

Boy things sure turned around when Jozy came in.  For once the defense being asleep and giving up a goal in the first minute didnt kill them, they showed a little grit and got a point.  

Luca....WHo was he going to sub in??? I'm sure with his blinders on the only guy he could see on the bench was Mullins....and he had just brought on Altidore at striker.  I think the announcers said Delgado was "indespensible", Bradley hasnt been subbed off in years,  So the bench you had left Singh, Okello, Peruzza, Dunn, Shaffelbourg, goes to show you what he thinks of them, that even on 3 days rest he wouldnt bring anyone else in.  

29 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Boy things sure turned around when Jozy came in.  For once the defense being asleep and giving up a goal in the first minute didnt kill them, they showed a little grit and got a point.  

Luca....WHo was he going to sub in??? I'm sure with his blinders on the only guy he could see on the bench was Mullins....and he had just brought on Altidore at striker.  I think the announcers said Delgado was "indespensible", Bradley hasnt been subbed off in years,  So the bench you had left Singh, Okello, Peruzza, Dunn, Shaffelbourg, goes to show you what he thinks of them, that even on 3 days rest he wouldnt bring anyone else in.  

Perez was on Armas' staff.

He's not much of a manager either, imo.

Armas was trash but this roster is still not good enough. 

They talked about going on a run and making the playoffs but I don't think that's possible 

Well stick Lareya and Lawerence back at FB, get Osorio back in midfield (delgado can just go away), have all 3 DP's healthy...and maybe they can go on a epic run.  

I wonder why Deleon wasnt on the bench??  Still no shot/quarenteen problems??  He could have actually helped the team while they were so short handed.  

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I think the announcers said Delgado was "indespensible"

Kilbane said that Perez considers Delgado indispensable in his midfield.  Interesting for a guy that completes 58% of his passes.

Perez is going to ride the same 11 horses until they collapse.  Given their ages and the schedule, I would peg that to be around mid-August.  They were lucky that Carmona was incompetent last night.

One thing that I find frustrating is that the player the team is focusing on to get the ball to seems to be changing to Soteldo and not Pozeulo.  While Soteldo is a great dribbler, Pozeulo is a much better passer.  Now maybe this is because Pozeulo is getting marked heavily in the middle of the field so he is not open like Soteldo is out wide, but I don't see Pozeulo having the same impact that he used to primarily because he is not getting the ball.

That being said, these two linked up poorly last night.

Edited by AvroArrow

25 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

One thing that I find frustrating is that the player the team is focusing on to get the ball to seems to be changing to Soteldo and not Pozeulo.  While Soteldo is a great dribbler, Pozeulo is a much better passer.  Now maybe this is because Pozeulo is getting marked heavily in the middle of the field so he is not open like Soteldo is out wide, but I don't see Pozeulo having the same impact that he used to primarily because he is not getting the ball.

That being said, these two linked up poorly last night.

Yes,  i noticed this as well.  Soteldo made a couple of nice plays but they didn’t amount to anything.  And at the same time, on other plays, he got dispossessed too easily.   It might be an issue that could be resolved over time when he becomes more accustomed to his team mates. 

Soteldo would generally do a good job of beating the first guy and often the second with the dribble, but NYRB would have two more guys there waiting and there was no passing lane to find anyone else, so the play would die. It was really frustrating getting close to the end of the game as Soteldo and Pozuelo were playing really close to each other, but they had no support or outlet.

Also yelled at Delgado a few times. He'd do a great job recovering a ball or moving into space and then just put his head down and fire a pass to where he thought someone should be instead of looking to see if anyone was there. Dwyer seemed pretty invisible for most of the game, aside from a couple times getting into it with NYRB defenders and keeper after the play was over.

I was a little surprised NYRB didn't try to attack too much down their left once Auro left and Gonzalez was left with no FB help on that side.

In the post-game presser Perez says he told all the substitutes before the game that “the chances that the players are going to have coming off the bench are going to be limited”.

Confirmation then that he prefers a “play them ragged until they get injured playing 90 minutes three games a week, no matter how ineffective they are” approach 

25 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

In the post-game presser Perez says he told all the substitutes before the game that “the chances that the players are going to have coming off the bench are going to be limited”.

Confirmation then that he prefers a “play them ragged until they get injured playing 90 minutes three games a week, no matter how ineffective they are” approach 

That's exactly what Vanney did and they started dropping like flies last fall.

Gonzalez was shocking out there.  I wonder if that has changed his tune?

7 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

That must be a big confidence booster for the kids too hear....

Truly doesn't trust the kids and trying to avoid using them as much as possible. If Auro didn't get hurt, his only sub would've been Jozy, which is pathetic considering you have 5 subs to use.

TFC was lucky to get the win tonight as Chicago was all over them.  I'm not the biggest Bono fan but he stood on his head.  Singh looked injured for most of the second half and definitely looked like he was playing out of position.  

Major brain cramp on Altidore when a needless foul cancelled out a great opportunity for TFC.  Pozeulo still not fully involved.  Solteldo had a good game as well.  Omar is still slow.

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

I think I dislike this coach more than Armas.

im not a fan,the fact he plays endoh is enough proof there,why would he not play shaff at lb ,it couldnt be any worse,nyrb had a 18 yr old lb why not play yefe on the right a bit more that game,keep him the rest of the season.he better not be another lazy hire.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:28 PM, El Hombre said:

That's exactly what Vanney did and they started dropping like flies last fall.

Gonzalez was shocking out there.  I wonder if that has changed his tune?

Where is your UT epic "i told u so"???  You need a victory lap full of telling off the "dipshits".  Morrow and Auro come up lame and we get Singh thrown to wolves after warmup at LB, and end the game with Delgado and Deleon at FB.  Couple more games and Bradley will be broken down next.  

46 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Where is your UT epic "i told u so"???  You need a victory lap full of telling off the "dipshits".  Morrow and Auro come up lame and we get Singh thrown to wolves after warmup at LB, and end the game with Delgado and Deleon at FB.  Couple more games and Bradley will be broken down next.  

Far be it for this propagandized individual to take a victory lap.  I would never stoop so low.  😎

Next game is Sunday which starts a span of 3 in 7 days.  If Perez continues to avoid substitutions, their lineup against NYCFC on the 7th will be dire.