Big_M

5 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I think the starting 11 needs to be:

Akinola

Seteldo Pozuelo Nelson

Priso Osorio 

Lawrence Mavinga Gonzalez Laryea

Bono

Bench: Shaffelburg, Bradley, Delgado, Altidore, Morrow, Auro, Singh, Okello, Westberg

Once Gallardo comes back maybe he takes Nelson’s spot, if he performs well enough. Time to sit most of the Americans. Not because they are Americans but because most of them are aging players who are past it. That second goal with NYRB waltzing easily down the centre of the park was utterly atrocious but symptomatic of the problem in the centre of the park for TFC, particularly when it is Bradley and Delgado with Slomar playing behind them

I would like to see that and agree about the Americans ageing, this just is never going to happen unfortunately judging by what I have seen so far! A match like today with Delgado and to a lesser extent DeLeon being liabilities on the pitch and the first move is to take out the youngsters, a petulant Delgado finally got taken off, Bradley seems untouchable from this coach as well!

Just now, gator said:

I would like to see that and agree about the Americans ageing, this just is never going to happen unfortunately judging by what I have seen so far! A match like today with Delgado and to a lesser extent DeLeon being liabilities on the pitch and the first move is to take out the youngsters, a petulant Delgado finally got taken off, Bradley seems untouchable from this coach as well!

Gallardo and one of the Americans have to be moved, there’s a lot of dead weight on the wings.

5 minutes ago, gator said:

The problem is the logical choice to replace Bradley has been shipped off to Columbus. I would put Osorio on the right wing of the starting 11 if we still had Fraser.

Altidore has two goals in the last 16 months, which is not exactly DP striker level numbers. Gonzalez and Morrow are also on their last legs. Delgado is playing out of position but I hope that ends after today’s game, as he was the worst player on the pitch 

38 minutes ago, narduch said:

Is it too early to call this a crisis?

Yes, stick Poz, Osorio, Seteldo in there every day, you'll see Akinola/Jozy start to get more chances and it'll take pressure off the back line because we'll keep possession more.  Also that will push Delgado, Deleon and the kids back into smaller roles.  Lawrence will help the backline, but they need to give Dunn a run out as soon as he is healthy, see if he can be a solution, that or get another CB.  

Switching over to a different coach/mindset was always going to be a headache with an adjustment period.  I wonder how long Armas is going to continue to try and press and keep playing old slow guys that arent not capable of doing it??  Subbing in Mullins every game is a complete waste (in Hamiltons last year he was becoming a good sub and poaching goals), if we want someone to show no spark, no threat than why not throw out a kid?  Wheres Peruzza?  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Yes, stick Poz, Osorio, Seteldo in there every day, you'll see Akinola/Jozy start to get more chances and it'll take pressure off the back line because we'll keep possession more.  Also that will push Delgado, Deleon and the kids back into smaller roles.  Lawrence will help the backline, but they need to give Dunn a run out as soon as he is healthy, see if he can be a solution, that or get another CB.  

Switching over to a different coach/mindset was always going to be a headache with an adjustment period.  I wonder how long Armas is going to continue to try and press and keep playing old slow guys that arent not capable of doing it??  Subbing in Mullins every game is a complete waste (in Hamiltons last year he was becoming a good sub and poaching goals), if we want someone to show no spark, no threat than why not throw out a kid?  Wheres Peruzza?  

Peruzza has not been in the lineup since the Laryea goal against Montreal , where instead of celebrating the goal he put his arms up complaining that Laryea should have passed him the ball . Is it a coincidence that he hasn’t even been on the bench since then?

2 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I hope he who is not to be mentioned gets the same treatment for his attitude when he got subbed out today.  Engine.  

Yea I saw that....like who tf do you think are. Untouchable, unsubbable. 

If I'm Ali, I'm looking to trade him to save some cap in preparation for a move or bringing in a striker.

Armas better get control of this team or he will find himself in the same situation as AVB in Chelsea. There are always going to be issues when a new Mgr comes in and you have to manage  egos but someone like Delgado..he and Ali need to nip that in the bud

4 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I hope he who is not to be mentioned gets the same treatment for his attitude when he got subbed out today.  Engine.  

with all the give aways today im surprised he went to the right bench when the engine got subbed,he had like 75% passing comp rating to the redbulls.

16 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Armas better get control of this team or he will find himself in the same situation as AVB in Chelsea. There are always going to be issues when a new Mgr comes in and you have to manage  egos but someone like Delgado..he and Ali need to nip that in the bud

I don’t think the roster is built for Armas, this vanney’s group with his guys.

Armas obviously has some work to do to get this team pulling in the right direction, Delgado as an automatic starter and being left in way too long is an issue, his reaction to being mercifully subbed doesn't help matters and it will be interesting to see how Armas deals with this! Bradley just can't be effective for 90 minutes anymore and when he is gassed he is so far out of the play he is a detriment, striker may become a big problem if Jozy continues to be a spectator and Akinola doesn't discover some form soon and when you add in the lack of depth at CB this could be a tall order for the new gaffer!

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I don’t think the roster is built for Armas, this vanney’s group with his guys.

The two new signing should help.  And if the incumbents in mid cant keep up or wont, time to move on from them.  They didnt have any problem moving Fraser out.  A certain mid with a certain rep should do well in this system but is playing worse than ever and finally people are taking notice.    Maybe Armas can get the younger guys to buy into his system a little easier.

He's an annoying, dirty player but I guess he might succeed with a pressing style and could play in a front three on the right. Presumably this means less time for the likes of Endoh (I was going to say Dorsey as well but presumably that's why they let that kid go, to make room on the roster for Dwyer).

Still though, I haven't disliked a player this much since they signed Carlos Ruiz and it wouldn't surprise me if the signing is just as successful. And it doesn't address the main area of deficiency which is CB help (although I guess that means more hope for some Dunn playing time this year).

By the way, he's originally from a town called "Cuckfield", England? Really? I now feel a bit of sympathy for him that I didn't feel before.

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

boy it goes quiet when Michael Bradley scores the winner and assists the second

This thread was dead anyway, I did post on twitter that Bradley was MOTM by a mile, I am sometimes quick to criticize him and justifiably so but credit to him for having a very good match last night, let's see if it continues!

Kudos for knocking off Columbus, but they are having a big time champions league headache so I dont know how much you can draw from that.  Did they ever say what was wrong with Akinola, as said on his thread he still looks sluggish, out of step.  Scoring early helps everything, helped the defense not look as harried and Slomar showed the positives he brings to the table being instrumental in both goals.   Several times Mavigna and Lareya had to help him out, but thats part of their job too. 

Shouldnt Altidore have to buy dinner for poaching the goal from Slomar? Hopefully this will get him going.  Bradley made a tons of nice passes (just like the old days) and he and Priso looked pretty good in the center.  Even Deleon showed why he is out there, seems like 3-4 times a year he pulls a wonder shot out of nowhere and was unlucky not to score.  Soteldo looks like the real deal, cant wait to see what he and Poz can do together.  I wouldnt be surprised if we see westberg soon, Bono has been ok, but he damn near got a red and seemed to pick up a knock against Zardes.  

As for it being quiet, I was trying to watch Van/Loons game and got so mad when I checked back on the forum my wife told me to "stay the hell off".