TFC 2021 Season

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder how much of it is "we can't bring any revenue into the stadium this year, so MLSE board is giving us less money to sign players for the time being, so looks like we'll actually have to play t

As far as I can tell, yes. The chronology appears to be: Onesoccer does a segment about whether Twellman's condemnation of US failure to qualify for Olympics is fair, then tweets a link to the s

TFC have released Dorsey.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Kloke is speculating they may use Lawrence as a CB.

Heavy speculation....that I can't see happening.
We still got Mavinga, who is one of the  best left footed CB in the league.

TFC currently only have 1 real LB in Morrow. 

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Auro wants to be a RB and he’s not slouch but this would limit his and Laryea’s time, a move is coming

You think TFC has a sale lined up??   If they buy Lawerence, will selling Laryea cover that transfer?? I like this...I would like to see Laryea hit his highest heights and TFC might actually find they enjoy selling some of their prospects for cash, instead of letting them sit at TFC2.  

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

You think TFC has a sale lined up??   If they buy Lawerence, will selling Laryea cover that transfer?? I like this...I would like to see Laryea hit his highest heights and TFC might actually find they enjoy selling some of their prospects for cash, instead of letting them sit at TFC2.  

Laryea should go for 7 figures, I don’t see how it won’t cover the transfer. Also, why get a left back ? They could have used the current duo on the left.

55 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Laryea should go for 7 figures, I don’t see how it won’t cover the transfer. Also, why get a left back ? They could have used the current duo on the left.

Yes, I tend to agree with this. Kemar is a stud and will help bolster the defence but moving Laryea to an already crowded mid???  Looks to me that Rich is moving, unless they unload a bunch of their mids. 

25 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Yes, I tend to agree with this. Kemar is a stud and will help bolster the defence but moving Laryea to an already crowded mid???  Looks to me that Rich is moving, unless they unload a bunch of their mids. 

Exactly my thinking.

4 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Unfortunately Nelson has not impressed today he hasn’t been bad but just average. He needs to be more effective, his final pass needs to improve and needs to keep possession of the ball better. I want to see him take on defenders beat them and either shoot himself or make a good final pass. 

I think you mean Priso.

I would bench Delgado for giving attitude like that for an incredibly shitty performance where you give the ball away constantly including for the game winning goal against and then shake your head at the coach for taking him off. Unless he was shaking his head at not being taken off earlier 

19 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I would bench Delgado for giving attitude like that for an incredibly shitty performance where you give the ball away constantly including for the game winning goal against and then shake your head at the coach for taking him off. Unless he was shaking his head at not being taken off earlier 

Degaldo hasn’t shown any reason why he should start over the kids.

I think the starting 11 needs to be:

Akinola

Seteldo Pozuelo Nelson

Priso Osorio 

Lawrence Mavinga Gonzalez Laryea

Bono

Bench: Shaffelburg, Bradley, Delgado, Altidore, Morrow, Auro, Singh, Okello, Westberg

Once Gallardo comes back maybe he takes Nelson’s spot, if he performs well enough. Time to sit most of the Americans. Not because they are Americans but because most of them are aging players who are past it. That second goal with NYRB waltzing easily down the centre of the park was utterly atrocious but symptomatic of the problem in the centre of the park for TFC, particularly when it is Bradley and Delgado with Slomar playing behind them

Aside from most players simply not being up for the challenge today, the biggest worry from today is TFC's build-up. With almost every reset Bono went long and NYRB easily won those duels. Akinola isn't a target striker and all four with attackers today are under 5'10". Armas didn't seem to have a plan B so a pretty easy game plan for RBs to defend.