TFC 2021 Season

Big_M

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Pretty huge game against Cruz Azul tonight.  It is the home match of the home-and-away so TFC will want to get a win and a clean sheet if at all possible.  Tough ask though - Cruz Azul apparently haven’t lost since January.

TFC are still missing a few players including Mavinga, Pozuelo, and Achara, but they did get back Oso and Altidore last game.

Hoping to see the youth movement continue but they will be in tough against CA   

I heard Altidore pulled a hammy putting cream cheese on a bagel this morning and is out again. 

Where is Achara??  How long has he been rehabing??  I hope this isnt a Zac Harold or Nic Lyndsay situation and his health is worse than expected.  

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I heard Altidore pulled a hammy putting cream cheese on a bagel this morning and is out again. 

Where is Achara??  How long has he been rehabing??  I hope this isnt a Zac Harold or Nic Lyndsay situation and his health is worse than expected.  

I was coming here to ask this exact question.

I'm going to assume he's on the season IR list, because TFC currently have 32 guys on their roster. Rocco is on loan = 31, Achara the only guy you haven't seen = 30.

They wouldn't be roster compliant any other way.

11 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Mavinga looks pretty healthy, look at the way he chases down the alligator that was about to attack the team during a practice:

Wow.  I was nervous just watching it 😃. Not sure that i would like to be goal keeper in that session.   Imagine trying to stay in one small area trying to focus on the play and the ball all the while not knowing what could be behind you.  

That there is a reason for not wanting to live in Florida. 

Edited by Free kick

19 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

The Bradley love continues... why is he stating every game 

I don't mind him starting, he is the captain after all and I believe he is a good leader, I think Vanney and Armos so far may have left him out too long when he was clearly gassed, this will be interesting because this is a match where he could clearly be exposed  as he tires against a top opponent!

13 minutes ago, gator said:

I don't mind him starting, he is the captain after all and I believe he is a good leader, I think Vanney and Armos so far may have left him out too long when he was clearly gassed, this will be interesting because this is a match where he could clearly be exposed  as he tires against a top opponent!

At a point his minutes need to be managed.

2 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

Any idea why Bono is now starting over Westberg?  I found Westberg to be a more consistent keeper over the past couple years.

I think we will see Westburg next week versus Cruz Azul, basically a nothing game, some minutes and an opportunity to take back the #1 position, I haven't been impressed with Bono so far.

10 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Primary areas of improvement are at CB and fullback depth. I think with the addition of the new DP attacker we need to see how things play out before another striker is added.

It's incredible that the CB position has been a weak spot for TFC for many years and the club simply does not address it. Mavinga makes a huge difference but he is injury prone. 

26 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

It's incredible that the CB position has been a weak spot for TFC for many years and the club simply does not address it. Mavinga makes a huge difference but he is injury prone. 

Zavaleta has to go, give that spot to the 3 young CB’s. Gonzalez and Mavinga is a great start, but they need a strong 3rd CB. 

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Zavaleta has to go, give that spot to the 3 young CB’s. Gonzalez and Mavinga is a great start, but they need a strong 3rd CB. 

Gonzalez is solid whe he plays with Mavinga who can cover for his lack of speed. With Mavinga  out a lot Gonzalez gets exposed. I think they need a #2/#1 CB and  Gonzalez @ #3 with Dunn & Singh 

48 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Gonzalez is solid whe he plays with Mavinga who can cover for his lack of speed. With Mavinga  out a lot Gonzalez gets exposed. I think they need a #2/#1 CB and  Gonzalez @ #3 with Dunn & Singh 

Thats why I think Armas was pairing Slozalez with Singh, he is just a bit more mobile than Zavs.  You could see Zavs and Slozalez were going to be a trainwreck a mile away.  When Mavinga is back u can pair him with Zavs and it wont be that bad, he wont get exposed as much.  But putting the 2 slow guys togther is not a good solution.  I actually think once Mavinga is back, having the top 2 guys with Zav and the 2 youngsters filling in, isnt such a bad rotation.  For a salary cap league.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Thats why I think Armas was pairing Slozalez with Singh, he is just a bit more mobile than Zavs.  You could see Zavs and Slozalez were going to be a trainwreck a mile away.  When Mavinga is back u can pair him with Zavs and it wont be that bad, he wont get exposed as much.  But putting the 2 slow guys togther is not a good solution.  I actually think once Mavinga is back, having the top 2 guys with Zav and the 2 youngsters filling in, isnt such a bad rotation.  For a salary cap league.  

yup ....until Mavinga gets injured again

18 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Does anyone else agree on how badly Morrow was positionally on that corner kick for their second. He kept his player onside, as did Jozy, the rest of the team moved out immediately after the corner was played short. 

Very poor discipline and tactical nous.

Problem is that Altidore and Delgado are playing that striker onside anyway, so even if Morrow steps up there the Azul player will still score, only easier. Collectively there were about 6 errors being made on that play by TFC, the other three including Zavaleta whiffing on the header, Gonzalez marking nobody and the instructions (presumably from the coach) for the team to mark space instead of actual players. A goal made in USA you might say - only in favour of the Mexicans.

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

This appears to be the real reason for the Fraser loan.

I’d imagine this puts a clock in Laryea’s time.

Lawrence is a huge addition and they probably now have the best 2 or top 3 full backs in MLS on each flank and overall easily 2 of the top 5 if not 10 in MLS.

Auro wants to be a RB and he’s not slouch but this would limit his and Laryea’s time, a move is coming.