Vancouver Whitecaps 2021 Season

Big_M

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

They didn’t deserve a L tonight but couldn’t score. They would be scary with a proper 10, even without I think playoffs should happen. Would like to see more KH30 and MB.

Can't stand the decision to bring Raposo in, give Kamron these minutes.  Arguably equal players and Kamron is 5 years his younger.  

1 minute ago, Footyeh said:

Can't stand the decision to bring Raposo in, give Kamron these minutes.  Arguably equal players and Kamron is 5 years his younger.  

I think Kamron would produce more, he’s better tech wise easily. MDS barely Using his bench says a lot. 

1 minute ago, nolando said:

Great for Guti but what a terrible way to get your minutes from the club POV.

It does give him the opportunity to really showcase what he can do.  I've never been opposed to moving Adnan on, so a combination of Gutierrez and a new/more solid defensively LB would suit me just fine.

12 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I think Kamron would produce more, he’s better tech wise easily. MDS barely Using his bench says a lot. 

He had two back up keepers on his game sheet last night.  Unless that was an error in the club's press release, I wonder what was the reasoning behind that?

Edited by BearcatSA

On 5/12/2021 at 11:14 PM, Watchmen said:

I was surprised Cornelius didn't get the start, just for some mid-week squad rotation.  Having said that, he wasn't good when he did come on at the half.  Really lost his man on the goal, and had a few other poor turnovers.

Disagree. Other than Abila getting between him and Vasilonavic(sp), who were both at fault, he had a great game. He also played that cutting pass as well that shot Cav through on goal. 

Edited by Macksam

On 5/12/2021 at 3:10 PM, Acid-Tone said:

Am I the only one who imagines Mr. Thelonius Bair walking into MDS' office one day and telling him he would like try his hand as a CB?  

For whatever reason, it's just not clicking for him at striker/forward.   But he has all the raw physical tools to be a really good CB.  Having the appropriate defensive mentality & instincts are a pre-requisite for the position, and we don't know if he has those, so maybe this never happens...

I'd go for a Cornelius/Bair switch. DC is a natural attacker and superbly speedy forward. (Don't know why he decided to lock into CB because some Serbian team put him there.)

yep cornelius just not a starting cb at mls level..and godoy getting back..raposo bad and subbed out in the first..and what we saw 2-5-8 years ago is unfortunately still true: in general canadian mls club homegrowns are lacking on the defensive side at mls level

32 minutes ago, Big_M said:

yep cornelius just not a starting cb at mls level..and godoy getting back..raposo bad and subbed out in the first..and what we saw 2-5-8 years ago is unfortunately still true: in general canadian mls club homegrowns are lacking on the defensive side at mls level

As are many American homegrown players!

22 hours ago, wallflower said:

I'd go for a Cornelius/Bair switch. DC is a natural attacker and superbly speedy forward. (Don't know why he decided to lock into CB because some Serbian team put him there.)

One thing I noticed about him at the Olympic qualifiers was how composed he was on the ball and his distribution was top notch, reminded me of Julien De Guzman and I think he could morph into a holding mid in his mold. 

4 hours ago, Macksam said:

One thing I noticed about him at the Olympic qualifiers was how composed he was on the ball and his distribution was top notch, reminded me of Julien De Guzman and I think he could morph into a holding mid in his mold. 

DC is a superb player.

He is also a decent CB when paired right. He and V have not been and are not working well.

But I will repeat, the best of DC is not as a CB. MDS could be getting a lot more out of DC elsewhere on the pitch.