Vancouver Whitecaps 2021 Season

Big_M

Would Hoilett's Cardiff command a large fee from VWFC for a transfer this window? Transfermarket has him listed at 2.9 M Euros which seems high. Hoilett is slowing down a bit in the Championship, but would give the Whitecaps 2 or 3 good years, I think. He is out of contract at the end of June this year.

3 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

Would Hoilett's Cardiff command a large fee from VWFC for a transfer this window? Transfermarket has him listed at 2.9 M Euros which seems high. Hoilett is slowing down a bit in the Championship, but would give the Whitecaps 2 or 3 good years, I think. He is out of contract at the end of June this year.

My guess is that he would be more likely to stay abroad and get on with another club then to come back to Canada at this point (not with the Caps, at least).

16 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

I think if the Whitecaps don't use their DP spot this winter and he's still available in the summer than they'll talk with him and see what it takes.  But I don't see the Whitcaps paying a transfer fee for him, and they're under enough pressure to do something this winter that I'm not sure they wait on using the DP spot.  Plus, MLS invoking the Force Majeure clause would probably make any player hesitant to come over right now if they've got options in Europe.

5 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I think if the Whitecaps don't use their DP spot this winter and he's still available in the summer than they'll talk with him and see what it takes.  But I don't see the Whitcaps paying a transfer fee for him, and they're under enough pressure to do something this winter that I'm not sure they wait on using the DP spot.  Plus, MLS invoking the Force Majeure clause would probably make any player hesitant to come over right now if they've got options in Europe.

Yea that clause being used it brutal, I feel for them I really really do.

MDS seems to be a disciplinarian that doesn't put up with any bs. Caps don't need another pouty Reyna situation. 

Tabla needs an arm round the shoulder type of manager that will let him express himself and build him up. I don't see that with MDS. If they have some type of previous relationship that is positive then maybe but I think MDS is pretty intense and very fussy about players sticking to instructions and tactics (not that we always see that working ;) ). Don't see Tabla fitting in that scenario but who knows.

While we are talking @GlassCity - He also found that it looks like Torino are now in for Chiquinho which would put an end to the caps chances if true. 

On 1/11/2021 at 8:20 PM, toontownman said:

MDS seems to be a disciplinarian that doesn't put up with any bs. Caps don't need another pouty Reyna situation. 

Tabla needs an arm round the shoulder type of manager that will let him express himself and build him up. I don't see that with MDS. If they have some type of previous relationship that is positive then maybe but I think MDS is pretty intense and very fussy about players sticking to instructions and tactics (not that we always see that working ;) ). Don't see Tabla fitting in that scenario but who knows.

While we are talking @GlassCity - He also found that it looks like Torino are now in for Chiquinho which would put an end to the caps chances if true. 

MDS is the summum of tactical rigour and discipline, the team plays like a well-oiled machine--just watch the Whitecaps and this is clear as day.

It's all believe it when I see it stuff. We have been here before so many times. Fingers crossed as usual but not holding my breath. 

Bair looked in the mood in the CMNT scrimmage highlights. Interested to see how he does in a more central role. Huge year for him, he needs minutes and he needs to use them. 

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

It's all believe it when I see it stuff. We have been here before so many times. Fingers crossed as usual but not holding my breath.

Oh, absolutely.  But based on the rumours, it seems that the Whitecaps have finally realized what's been evident for some time: In MLS, having a quality #10 is critical.  It doesn't guarantee you success, but not having one guarantees you failure.

Solid signing. Now for that number 10. 

Edit: An interesting read. Not sure why they felt the need to post it, although I enjoyed seeing how they operate. Doesn't it open them up for criticism like why the heck did "player x, y and z" you just signed play so terribly then if you went through all of these processes?

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2021/01/26/recruitment-caicedo

Edited by toontownman