Obscure Area Teams In Canada

Ingham

Hi, so I'm making a sports documentary on obscure teams in difficult home grounds to reach/leave. However, due to the pandemic, it's a bit tough to film outside of Canada so I have to find a team here to talk about.

I had a few teams in mind.

Yukon Selects SC

Thunder Bay Chill

Okanagan FC

These seem to be isolated. Yukon Selects though plays in the Alaska division, so it's not that bad. Okanagan or Kamloops isn't that far out either, so the choice may be Thunder Bay Chill who play far from everyone besides Winnipeg and Wisconsin.

I don't recognize other Canadian teams in obscure locations. If so, can you name them for me?

Thanks

19 hours ago, Ingham said:

Hi, so I'm making a sports documentary on obscure teams in difficult home grounds to reach/leave. However, due to the pandemic, it's a bit tough to film outside of Canada so I have to find a team here to talk about.

Yukon Selects SC

Thunder Bay Chill

Okanagan FC

These seem to be isolated. Yukon Selects though plays in the Alaska division, so it's not that bad. Okanagan or Kamloops isn't that far out either, so the choice may be Thunder Bay Chill who play far from everyone besides Winnipeg and Wisconsin.

I don't recognize other Canadian teams in obscure locations. If so, can you name them for me?

Thanks

Thunder Bay is about an 8 hour drive from Winnipeg. I've always been impressed that they have a PDL team.

On 12/29/2020 at 7:10 PM, Ingham said:

Yukon Selects SC

Thunder Bay Chill

Okanagan FC

Thanks

An interesting fit for the documentary is Thunder Bag Chill. The team has buckets of history, is well run on and off the field, draws a local crowd, has youth set-up, wins games and championship in a US based league, brings in interesting players from abroad. They must be one of the oldest running Clubs at this level or higher in Canada.

I’d love to see the Chill take the next leap in the coming years by commercializing their product better  

Also very interested in the Yukon project. 

at any rate, good luck and pls post the documentary! 

• 2 weeks later...

Powell River Villa play in the Vancouver Island Soccer League are based on the Sunshine Coast and the only Mainland team in the league. The trip requires a lengthy drive up Island and a 135 min ferry ride to cross over the Salish Sea. The League plays through the winter so weather challenges sometimes come into play. 

On 12/31/2020 at 1:04 AM, hamiltonfan said:

An interesting fit for the documentary is Thunder Bag Chill. The team has buckets of history, is well run on and off the field, draws a local crowd, has youth set-up, wins games and championship in a US based league, brings in interesting players from abroad. They must be one of the oldest running Clubs at this level or higher in Canada.

I’d love to see the Chill take the next leap in the coming years by commercializing their product better  

Also very interested in the Yukon project. 

at any rate, good luck and pls post the documentary! 

Would the chill consider moving up to the cpl if they have corporate support