Juvy Kooner

Aird25

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Is he playing in defence too or mid? Goal and assist is a good start. Excited for him.

I managed to watch a game of his the other day. He played as a CB.

This is the game against Sporting which he got an assist (almost 2)

https://www.facebook.com/CidadeDesportivaSCB/videos/2557524964552926/?__so__=channel_tab&__rv__=all_videos_card

Subbed in in the 40th minute. Number 14.

• 5 months later...

I've mentioned in the past that OneSoccer should be looking at rights for the SPL (a few Canadians in it, a significant following for some clubs, the rights might be cheap) but they should probably look in to the rights for the Portuguese league too for the same reasons.

10 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

I was looking for game reports, and had the impression he was not getting minutes. Also his Instagram used to report on matches, but not lately (last I looked).

But maybe did not look hard enough at the u-23s or younger teams. I admit I did not look much. In any case, getting first team training minutes, and keeping your head down and working hard, all good.

48 minutes ago, Buchta said:

TBH I have seen that, thus my doubts--- but if he's only appeared in 2 matches all year, that is not a justification for bringing him into 1st team training. It is normally a prize and a motivation for the younger ones already getting minutes and doing well in the academy teams.

So I just went and looked at https://www.resultados-futbol.com/liga_revelacao

,,,and it looks right. He has been on the bench the last 2 matches. Before that there were four fixtures he was not even on the bench, and they sometimes list squads of 30, so perhaps he was injured. Matchday 5 he subbed on m. 90. Matchdays 3 and 4 on the bench. Not in roster matchday 2. Subbed on for the last 10 m on the first day of the season. 

They are leading their u-23 group by a mile, looks like a strong team. And since it is u-23, we can accept a fairly new arrival who is u-19 still is doing well just to be there.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 weeks later...

It's not uncommon for reserve team players to be brought into first team training for a variety of reasons (low numbers, need depth in certain positions for drills, international duty etc.).  This happens everywhere, it's easy to have a picture in first team training and post that online and let the speculation begin.  He's been out of the squad more than he's been in the squad and even younger players have been playing in his position so it doesn't sound so promising at the moment.

2 hours ago, Footyeh said:

It's not uncommon for reserve team players to be brought into first team training for a variety of reasons (low numbers, need depth in certain positions for drills, international duty etc.).  This happens everywhere, it's easy to have a picture in first team training and post that online and let the speculation begin.  He's been out of the squad more than he's been in the squad and even younger players have been playing in his position so it doesn't sound so promising at the moment.

It's his first full match with the u-23s, as he's slowly getting minutes and training with the first team, but "it doesn't sound so promising at the moment."

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It's his first full match with the u-23s, as he's slowly getting minutes and training with the first team, but "it doesn't sound so promising at the moment."

Can only share what I know of the situation.  People can chose to believe what they want🤷‍♂️ 

Isn't it better to be honest than to get hopes up lol?  

Edited by Footyeh

12 hours ago, Buchta said:

Portugal U23 - December 11

Juvy Kooner started and played 90 minutes for SC Braga in a 1-1 draw with FC Famalicão.

Anyone else get palpations seeing Portugal u23? 

Was the same reading Italy U23 for Noah Abatneh thread! 

I set off the the dual national police alarm.

12 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Has there really been much speculation though? I don't understand the need to temper expectations when nobody is posting things that are out of line

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...