2020 Voyageurs MNT Player of the Year

Stryker911

6 hours ago, nolando said:

He'll, sadly, have to walk alone on this one, I'm afraid.

Well sorry for fucking this up for everyone, but look at Atiba's stats in calendar 2020. Most productive year of his career and he's 37!

Davies, I love you, but you a know-it-all youngin compared to Hutch. You can't even stay healthy!

1. Davies - he is good at the soccer
2. Arfield - I didn't even realize how good of a season he's having until I just looked it up, playing every single game for a Rangers team that's undefeated in the SPL and Europa League. Decent stats too.
3. David - Mostly for what he did in the first half of the year, with Lille he's doing everything right but scoring it seems.
4. Eustaquio - 5 MotM performances in 11 games, he's a big reason why his club is so high in the table. Had him higher until I looked at this page and moved Arfield to 2nd.
5. Hutchinson - Still a key player for Besiktas!

1) Davies - nothing else needs to be said

2) David - based on his play for the whole of 2020.

3) Laryea -  He made plays that can change a game. And did that more than once.   Thats very rare for canadian players.   Only the two players on this list above him can claim that.  

4) Atiba - for the whole body of work

5) Osorio - i always had him on this list.  But i thought about leaving him off this list for this year.   But, his presence made his team a better team.   Showed this year that he can play multiple roles.   Thats important for canada going forward. 

in the past,   There havent been many (if any) Canadian  players who could make plays that chnaged games.  Or, who were integral to their club sides to the point where their presence or absence reflected in the club’s performance and results.   These are things that we couldnt say about our MNT players of the last 20 years.  So These are criterias i used to make my selections.  And thats why there is reason for optimism for 2022

Edited by Free kick

Alright...

1. Davies - Yep

2. David - Still had a great season in Belgium, and went for a Canadian record transfer fee

3. Eustaquio - Has emerged as possibly our best midfielder, and should be on the move to a bigger club in a week or two.

4. Larin - Turned everything around with some great performances with Besiktas

5. Hutchinson - Still performing consistently. He still has crazy versatility; he's played as a central midfielder, CDM and even a CAM on a few occasions this year with Besiktas.

Unsuprisingly Davies wins the 2020 Voyageurs Player of the year.

Full results are below:

Davies

David

Arfield

Hutch

Eustaquio

Borjan

Laryea

Larin

Osorio

Buchanan

Hoilett

St. Clair

Adekugbe

Previous Winners

Jonathan David

Milan Borjan

Scott Arfield

Atiba Hutchinson

Atiba Hutchinson

Atiba Hutchinson

Will Johnson

Atiba Hutchinson

Dwayne De Rosario

Atiba Hutchinson

Michael Klukowski

Tomas Radzinski

Julian de Guzman

Atiba Hutchinson

Congrats to Mr Davies.  A year like no one else before him.  Amazing. 

Five different winners over the last five years and all very justifiied winners in their selective years at that (these polls are popularity contests after all).

Larin having a wonderful season in Turkey which, knock-on-wood, carries through to the summer and into the internationals.  Tough ask but if the man wants to be the sixth winner in six years running he's going to get his chance.  

Go get 'em, Tiger!

On 12/31/2020 at 2:56 PM, kacbru said:

Speaking of the Voyageurs, I am looking forward to seeing the results from the survey. 

It's coming. There will be more info in the coming weeks about when the survey will be shared, among other things.  But the number of responses was fantastic. There are so many people invested in this community, and there was some great constructive feedback and lots of great ideas shared.

17 minutes ago, MrsC said:

It's coming. There will be more info in the coming weeks about when the survey will be shared, among other things.  But the number of responses was fantastic. There are so many people invested in this community, and there was some great constructive feedback and lots of great ideas shared.

I am just as excited about this as when I find out there is someone playing in the Cypriot 2nd division that may have a Canadian grandfather and is still undecided on their international football career! 

In all seriousness, I really appreciate all the work going on behind the scenes. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Weird to see Will Johnson's name there. Loved watching him in Canada shirt in his prime, but surprised he reached that level. Must have been dark days of Colin Miller or something.

It was an absolutely horrible year for Canada soccer. 3 draws and 10 losses, including a loss to Martinique. Only 1 goal scored in those 13 games. 

Reading these comments it us crazy to see how far we have come.

Johnson actually won in a landslide over Hutch. He had a really good year for Portland. 9 goals, Western conference champions and MLS  best IX.