Jean Aniel-Assi

Dominic94

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

My idea of having a plan is playing players in their natural position, getting them minutes, sticking with them even as they make mistakes. And finally, not throwing all of them into full back positions when A you have no one, B you’re trying to fill a hole and C when they have demonstrated success in their old positions… cough cough Shaffleburg…

For all that’s said about Bradley, the way he has handled most of TFC’s youth is amateur. 

Very interesting take. 
Don't call me @RS now but, correct me if I'm wrong. Besides last year and maybe a 1-2 guy.... who has TFC forced into a full back position? 

Also I don't know how you could say they were mishandled when in hindsight they all ended up in really good situations albeit maybe 1 guy. Lets look....
1. Shaffelburg got shipped out midseason for a better situation, and ended up performing/triggering the permanent deal. I still think his future lies at fullback, as his skillset is limited going forward (imo).
2. Petrasso was given enough game time to showcase his skillset in his first season to warrant Orlando to trade for him.
3. Jayden had a coming of age season, played his best season to date which got him his transfer to Rosenburg.
4. Deandre Kerr played above average minutes for a 20 yo HG signing in his first season in professional football.
5. Luke Singh got shipped out to a dire situation in Edmonton, however played almost every game.
6. Noble OKello was injured half the season, and couldn't really get going but was given the opportunity too. 
7. Jordan Peruzza made more appearances than he should have as he's no way near ready for MLS (imo)
8. Kosi Thompson had a great first season for a 19yo. He played a mix of RB and RM and was the epitome of healthy guy who can get on the field and do a job (remember he was playing over a natural RB in Chung, so its says more about the player rather than the coach) 

Now JMR is the only guy who I think you're out of position comment is valid for. THAT, I don't like.

We as a country are bad at developing youth, Montreal isn’t great but seems to finally have a clear defined plan/philosophy, Vancouver are bad but hey they have the second team, they sell or loan the guys that don’t work or need minutes…

Montreal isn't on a pedestal, pump the breaks on that. Last year was an anomaly for their success, and the selling for the club.
Kone wasn't developed by Montreal albeit they put him on the stage.
Johnston was already being talked about going off to Europe before his move. The Montreal move actually came as a surprise to everyone. It was even mentioned here that it was probably just a pass through with the club - which it was and the reason why Nashville put a 10% sell on clause in the trade.
Outside of those two guys, who had absolutely no affiliation to their academy ...who have they sold or at least moved on to Europe as a result of their training? Or who else in the league is connected to CFM?

I'll wait for this....

Don't let their the penny pinching blind you with the loans, because that's all that it is. They don't value having a second team so they sent out 4 players to the CPL for subsidy. Is that all the talent they have? What about their other top talent.....I guess PLSQ is better than MLSNext Pro - I'll strongly disagree.

I can't speak for the Caps, because they are the Caps....someone else do that.

While everyone has goals, can’t say having a 2nd team is enough. Montreal who doesn’t have a second team will play more academy products and sell them this year Vs the 2 that do…. What does that tell you ?

Again...you're talking out of your ass on this. You can't reference last year, and now void it because it hypothetically fits this statement. 
Last year TFC gave more minutes to their academy players then MTL by far! And because you can clearly see things are changing because the club wants to win for Canada's relevancy in MLS, last years minutes is now null and void.  

EDIT: Actually looking at the two rosters, it's not even a guarantee that CFM will play more academy products...you're banking on only Zouhir & Choinierre to get minutes, while TFC has JMR, Akinola, Thompson on roster who collectively played way more minutes then those two.  So you gotta make it make sense. 

A lot of bias while voiding the facts. 

Edited by Shway

4 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

My idea of having a plan is playing players in their natural position, getting them minutes, sticking with them even as they make mistakes. And finally, not throwing all of them into full back positions when A you have no one, B you’re trying to fill a hole and C when they have demonstrated success in their old positions… cough cough Shaffleburg…

For all that’s said about Bradley, the way he has handled most of TFC’s youth is amateur. 

We as a country are bad at developing youth, Montreal isn’t great but seems to finally have a clear defined plan/philosophy, Vancouver are bad but hey they have the second team, they sell or loan the guys that don’t work or need minutes…

TFC try to make everyone into a full back… or waste players on the bench. 

While everyone has goals, can’t say having a 2nd team is enough. Montreal who doesn’t have a second team will play more academy products and sell them this year Vs the 2 that do…. What does that tell you ?

Need to chime in here! 

Annnnnnddddddd, loaning to CPL seems to be working better than anything I've seen from the farm teams.  

2- The part about "waste players on the bench" needs to be in bold.  

3- Especially when the bench is packed with 17 midfielders, and the coaches 35 year old son who plays like a 42 year old gets all the minutes.

Need to say: I hope everyone realizes that this isn't a TFC vs VWC vs CFM thing.  I amongst others just have a hard time defending or understanding TFC's stance the past 10 years.  That is the only point i'm trying to make.  MOST of us are CANMNT fans and that's where this passion stems from.  The ultimate goal here is for CANMNT to advance, it isn't to shit on MLS rivals.  I want TFC, VWC and CFM at the top of MLS, ideally with Canadian players.  2- CPL to flourish.  3- (but really #1 - CANMNT to climb the FIFA rankings).

Edited by costarg

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Don't let their the penny pinching blind you with the loans, because that's all that it is. They don't value having a second team so they sent out 4 players to the CPL for subsidy. Is that all the talent they have? What about their other top talent.....I guess PLSQ is better than MLSNext Pro - I'll strongly disagree.

I think this is an important point.

Their entire model is based on loans which means that it is dependent on other teams and limits their development options.  They have to pick and choose their best prospects and hope that they turn out.  And it hasn't always worked out for them: Keesean Ferdinand is a prospect that they completely cut ties with and Karifa Yao was luckily picked up by another MLS team.  Those are two pretty solid prospects that didn't really have a development plan/philosophy laid out for them.

Then there are the prospects that disappear off the map completely: whatever happened to Jeremie Omeonga?  He was second to Jayden Nelson on that U17 team in terms of hype and performance.  And Mael Henry seems to be caught in a numbers game and he had a lot of potential.

And the jury is still out on Hernan Losada.  Will he be as good as Nancy in integrating young players?

Even further @Dominic94 here is a list of players that have come from either academy, and have played for another club in MLS that wasn't Canadian. 

TFC:
Shaffelburg, Petrasso, Priso, Russell-Rowe, Edwards, Henry, Pasher, Morgan, Chapman, Fraser
Impact/CFM:
Ouimette, 

Take it even further to USL with the same rules:

TFC:
Malik Johnson, Nathan Dossantos, Matthew Srbely, Jordan Peruzza, Keven Aleman, 
CFM:
Lucca Ricci, Alessandro Riggi, 

And if you take it even deeper to the CPL excluding loans you will STILL find more former TFC Academy players.
And if you look in Europe, you will STILL find more former TFC Academy players. 

So my final take on this is, if you guys expect TFC to be the Barcelona, Bayern, Man City, PSG of Canada. I'll put my hand up and say "Yes, I 100% expect that too".....but in the same breathe I understand that Montreal is "Leceister, Leverkusen, Lyon, or Villareal" Not comparable....So I won't expect or compare the results. The budgets/infrastructure aren't comparable.

I understand TFC and their academy plays a massive role in the development of Canadians, however I also understand their significance in the league and being one of the leagues biggest markets so winning is priority for the sake of relevancy for Canada because the Caps or Montreal haven't done it. I only understand that TFC can't be, and shouldn't be the only one developing talent....yes they should be doing it at higher rates (as I've shown that they are) but the onus doesn't only fall on them. It's actually worrisome that a lot of talent has been touched by TFC.

At the end of the day though the point of your Academy is to produce first team players for your own damn team.

Telling people about all the players from your Academy that made it elsewhere is not the brag you think it is.

And to be fair I think it can be argued that all 3 Canadian MLS teams sort of fail at this to various degrees.

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

Very interesting take. 
Don't call me @RS now but, correct me if I'm wrong. Besides last year and maybe a 1-2 guy.... who has TFC forced into a full back position? 

Also I don't know how you could say they were mishandled when in hindsight they all ended up in really good situations albeit maybe 1 guy. Lets look....
1. Shaffelburg got shipped out midseason for a better situation, and ended up performing/triggering the permanent deal. I still think his future lies at fullback, and his skillset is limited going forward (imo).
2. Petrasso was given enough game time to showcase his skillset in his first season to warrant Orlando to trade for him.
3. Jayden had a coming to age season, played his best season to date which got him his transfer to Rosenburg.
4. Deandre Kerr played above average minutes for a 20 yo HG signing in his first season a professional football.
5. Luke Singh got shipped out to a dire situation in Edmonton, however played almost every game.
6. Noble OKello was injured half the season, and couldn't really get going but was given the opportunity too. 
7. Jordan Peruzza made more appearances than he should have as he's no way near ready for MLS (imo)
8. Kosi Thompson had a great first season for a 19yo. He played a mix of RB and RM and was the epitome of healthy guy who can get on the field and do a job (remember he was playing over a natural RB in Chung, so its says more about the player rather than the coach) 

Now JMR is the only guy who I think you're out of position comment is valid for. THAT, I don't like.

Montreal isn't on a pedestal, pump the breaks on that. Last year was an anomaly for their success, and the selling for the club.
Kone wasn't developed by Montreal albeit they put him on the stage.
Johnston was already being talked about going off to Europe before his move their, with the Montreal move coming as a surprise to everyone. It was even mentioned here that it was probably just a pass through with the club - which it was and the reason why Nashville put a 10% sell on clause in the trade.
Outside of those two guys, who had absolutely no affiliation to their academy ...who have they sold or at least moved on to Europe as a result of their training? Or who else in the league is connected to CFM?

I'll wait for this....

I can't speak for the Caps, because they are the Caps....someone else do that.

Again...you're talking out of your ass on this. You can't reference last year, and now void it because it hypothetically fits this statement. 
Last year TFC gave more minutes to their academy players then MTL by far! And because you can clearly see things are changing because the club wants to win for Canada's relevancy in MLS, last years minutes is now null and void.  

A lot of bias while voiding the facts. 

Oh boy eh….

Rutty, Shaffleburg, Thomson, that’s 3 not 1-2 and some would throw our boy Petrasso in there. Let’s not forget Auro at Cm..

shafflburg got shipped out after they didn’t need him, he was played because the roster was incomplete, not because they were trying to develop him. 

petrasso was played because they had no one else and then after isigne we basically never saw him again. He was wrongfully dumped and was one of TFC’s bright spots imo. 

nelson is a case where yes indeed I do believe Bob did an amazing job with him and he was very good. I will 1000% agree that Bob and TFC handled him well. 

Singh to shipped out yes, but is a team that bad the best spot to develop ?

Lets see what Kerr gets this year now that the have their vets in place, I believe he only got so many minutes because they had one.

Okello hasn’t had the best of luck, but he’s been dicked around by them for years until he was released. They didn’t stick with it for a good run of games, it was in/out. 

not sure what happened with Peruzza, he looked terrible last year.

Thompson was good but again proof that they tried to put whoever at RB/backup RB.

im not calling Montreal a pedestal, they aren’t, but they are ahead of TFC right now.

say what you want, but Kone spent time with them and was known to them. Ballou switched back and forth between academies.

They developed Mihailovic enough to get him a move, they clearly helped out Waterman and gave Miller a shot… 

Look at what’s happened. All these guys moved from Montreal…. 

penny pinching ? Dude this club has no money let’s be real here. They can’t pay 20 million to make their problems go away. 

no one said the PLSQ is better than next, say what you want their model seems to be working and the PLSQ is getting raided for talent by the can pl. it’s not next pro but it’s not awful either.

your facts… when TFC’s roster showed up the minutes dried up and guys got shipped out… TFC’s philosophy for the academy is becoming clear… make money off it and sell before or shortly after they play for the first team. They aren’t trying to develop for the first team and that’s ok in a sense but they have so much talent there that is being wasted.

Atleast Montreal and Vancouver are starting to implement plans, it seems like TFC is going to do what Vancouver does, sell anyone who doesn’t work out.

Just now, narduch said:

The flip side of that is we still don't know how good a level Next Pro really is.

And also does playing in a Reserve league really serve as a good development path either.

Going to be a few more years before we find out.

We do know that the CPL is better than Next Pro....that isn't a debate by any here, right?
But that's beside the point, and definitely besides the point that @Dominic94made about philosophies and plans. 
Chelsea sends a lot of guys on loan with no plan for them to get into the first team, maybe with the intention to sell them on. TFC has done that....Montreal has just simply waived them. 

We will see this year, if that "philosophy" is true, and see how a guy like Sean Rea does - if he stays around.

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

At the end of the day though the point of your Academy is to produce first team players for your own damn team.

Agreed....but what MLS academy has produce more first team players?

Telling people about all the players from your Academy that made it elsewhere is not the brag you think it is.

It was the second layer of the argument. So it wasn't to brag but more so to enforce.

And to be fair I think it can be argued that all 3 Canadian MLS teams sort of fail at this to various degrees.

Yes they all do...but again there is levels to this. 

9 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I think this is an important point.

Their entire model is based on loans which means that it is dependent on other teams and limits their development options.  They have to pick and choose their best prospects and hope that they turn out.  And it hasn't always worked out for them: Keesean Ferdinand is a prospect that they completely cut ties with and Karifa Yao was luckily picked up by another MLS team.  Those are two pretty solid prospects that didn't really have a development plan/philosophy laid out for them.

Then there are the prospects that disappear off the map completely: whatever happened to Jeremie Omeonga?  He was second to Jayden Nelson on that U17 team in terms of hype and performance.  And Mael Henry seems to be caught in a numbers game and he had a lot of potential.

And the jury is still out on Hernan Losada.  Will he be as good as Nancy in integrating young players?

Yao didn’t fit their mold and was told by Renard that he would be killing his own career by sticking on the bench with the first team. He outright said if he had more pro minutes at years end he would have more options. Yao was wise and listened. They let him go because he doesn’t fit their scheme, Renard said he did the kid a solid there than try to squeeze a team for something out of him.

Ferdinand and Giraldo were released after preferring the PLSQ over the Can PL which lead to the club having concerns about wether or not they were ready to be pros.

on all sides of the coin not every player pans out and we have seen that every where.

Mael Henry is taking a different path, same as Catavolo and Schiavoni. There’s too many bodies with not enough holes.

9 minutes ago, Shway said:

Even further @Dominic94 here is a list of players that have come from either academy, and have played for another club in MLS that wasn't Canadian. 

TFC:
Shaffelburg, Petrasso, Priso, Russell-Rowe, Edwards, Henry, Pasher, Morgan, Chapman, Fraser
Impact/CFM:
Ouimette, 

Take it even further to USL with the same rules:

TFC:
Malik Johnson, Nathan Dossantos, Matthew Srbely, Jordan Peruzza, Keven Aleman, 
CFM:
Lucca Ricci, Alessandro Riggi, 

And if you take it even deeper to the CPL excluding loans you will STILL find more former TFC Academy players.
And if you look in Europe, you will STILL find more former TFC Academy players. 

So my final take on this is, if you guys expect TFC to be the Barcelona, Bayern, Man City, PSG of Canada. I'll put my hand up and say "Yes, I 100% expect that too".....but in the same breathe I understand that Montreal is "Leceister, Leverkusen, Lyon, or Villareal" Not comparable....So I won't expect or compare the results. The budgets/infrastructure aren't comparable.

I understand TFC and their academy plays a massive role in the development of Canadians, however I also understand their significance in the league and being one of the leagues biggest markets so winning is priority for the sake of relevancy for Canada because the Caps or Montreal haven't done it. I only understand that TFC can't be, and shouldn't be the only one developing talent....yes they should be doing it at higher rates (as I've shown that they are) but the onus doesn't only fall on them. It's actually worrisome that a lot of talent has been touched by TFC.

TFC having a 4 year head start helps btw, and you’re dam right I expect TFC to be Barca in that sense, they have such a talent pool that’s being wasted and IMO this is the club that should be pouring into their academy. The fact that they seem content to just dump whomever can’t cut it or crack right away or throw guys in or whatever is concerning. More so when in the next 5 years this club will see the emergence of 5-10 Rutty’s. (Giovinco Generation) 

Vancouver is also concerning, they are going to see the Davies Generation, and while yes they sell guys who don’t fit… I am very concerned with how they handled Colyn and KH… heck we should be concerned about Campagna too. These are all players who had serious interest abroad…

If Montreal botches Saliba and Zouhir ill Be the first to scream as this is their Drogba generation.

We are really missing the fact that for the past 5-7 years the Canadian academies have all either been amongst the best or top academies in MLS youth levels… we should be developing way more. This isn’t hearsay, this is literally from guys like Doyle who follow closely. 

Vancouver seems to be in nowhere land (I’m not a Schuster fan, but hey WFC 2 is nice I guess ? )

Toronto could easily easily be Philadelphia with the star power of LA.

10 minutes ago, Shway said:

We do know that the CPL is better than Next Pro....that isn't a debate by any here, right?
But that's beside the point, and definitely besides the point that @Dominic94made about philosophies and plans. 
Chelsea sends a lot of guys on loan with no plan for them to get into the first team, maybe with the intention to sell them on. TFC has done that....Montreal has just simply waived them. 

We will see this year, if that "philosophy" is true, and see how a guy like Sean Rea does - if he stays around.

CPL is better if you’re from Canada… MLs likes to call it D3.

Montreal waived Yao… let’s just say they’ve been screening others and there’s quite a few who didn’t pass the maturity test.

4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Oh boy eh….

Rutty, Shaffleburg, Thomson, that’s 3 not 1-2 and some would throw our boy Petrasso in there. Let’s not forget Auro at Cm..

shafflburg got shipped out after they didn’t need him, he was played because the roster was incomplete, not because they were trying to develop him. 

petrasso was played because they had no one else and then after isigne we basically never saw him again. He was wrongfully dumped and was one of TFC’s bright spots imo. 

nelson is a case where yes indeed I do believe Bob did an amazing job with him and he was very good. I will 1000% agree that Bob and TFC handled him well. 

Singh to shipped out yes, but is a team that bad the best spot to develop ?

Lets see what Kerr gets this year now that the have their vets in place, I believe he only got so many minutes because they had one.

Okello hasn’t had the best of luck, but he’s been dicked around by them for years until he was released. They didn’t stick with it for a good run of games, it was in/out. 

not sure what happened with Peruzza, he looked terrible last year.

Thompson was good but again proof that they tried to put whoever at RB/backup RB.

im not calling Montreal a pedestal, they aren’t, but they are ahead of TFC right now.

say what you want, but Kone spent time with them and was known to them. Ballou switched back and forth between academies.

They developed Mihailovic enough to get him a move, they clearly helped out Waterman and gave Miller a shot… 

Honestly and respectfully, this is a bunch of nothing. You could say that about my post too, and I won't take offence, but we gotta stick the facts (in my rafa voice).

Waterman, Mihailovic, Miller what are we talking about now? I'm confused, because TFC brought in unproven guys in MacNaughton and Chung?

You're jumping all over the place....one minute it's TFC doesn't give their guys minutes, and then its only because...
Then you're taking credit for players that were already projected to move to Europe before Montreal came in, reason why they got them in the first place!...Mihalovic, and Johnston! Kone okay, massive find, massive coupe....credit goes to Nancy for playing him. 

But again, you're talking about an ANOMALY season, when did this happen before?

penny pinching ? Dude this club has no money let’s be real here. They can’t pay 20 million to make their problems go away. 

no one said the PLSQ is better than next, say what you want their model seems to be working and the PLSQ is getting raided for talent by the can pl. it’s not next pro but it’s not awful either.

What is working?! Who has benefited from this yet? please tell me....

your facts… when TFC’s roster showed up the minutes dried up and guys got shipped out… TFC’s philosophy for the academy is becoming clear… make money off it and sell before or shortly after they play for the first team. They aren’t trying to develop for the first team and that’s ok in a sense but they have so much talent there that is being wasted.

Fine to me....it's either they are ready to play, if not ship them out to greener pastures instead of hoarding the talent only to waive them. That's what big clubs do. Not every academy player can play for the first team.

Atleast Montreal and Vancouver are starting to implement plans, it seems like TFC is going to do what Vancouver does, sell anyone who doesn’t work out.

What plans! What are we talking about plans for homegrowns aka Jean Aniel Assi or plans for players they trade for? You're all over the place, respectfully. 

TFC having a 4 year head start helps btw, and you’re dam right I expect TFC to be Barca in that sense, they have such a talent pool that’s being wasted and IMO this is the club that should be pouring into their academy.

Okay cool, we agree to the obvious. But Montreal doesn't get a pass just because they 2M less people. Alberta is doing better than Quebec at producing players without a professional team. TFC had a 4 year head start?....interesting, because the Caps had a wicked residency program that gave a few former national team players their start, and the Impact in the USL was always a player with local guys on the team....but maybe we are talking academies...I'm lost now.

The fact that they seem content to just dump whomever can’t cut it or crack right away or throw guys in or whatever is concerning. More so when in the next 5 years this club will see the emergence of 5-10 Rutty’s. (Giovinco Generation) 

This is true FOR EVERY SINGLE MLS ACADEMY except the Union and FC Dallas.

Vancouver is also concerning, they are going to see the Davies Generation, and while yes they sell guys who don’t fit… I am very concerned with how they handled Colyn and KH… heck we should be concerned about Campagna too. These are all players who had serious interest abroad…

If Montreal botches Saliba and Zouhir ill Be the first to scream as this is their Drogba generation.

We are really missing the fact that for the past 5-7 years the Canadian academies have all either been amongst the best or top academies in MLS youth levels… we should be developing way more. This isn’t hearsay, this is literally from guys like Doyle who follow closely. 

Vancouver seems to be in nowhere land (I’m not a Schuster fan, but hey WFC 2 is nice I guess ? )

A few posts ago you said they were on the right track? 

"Atleast Montreal and Vancouver are starting to implement plans, it seems like TFC is going to do what Vancouver does, sell anyone who doesn’t work out."

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

If you are going to start giving credit to CF Montreal for Mihailovic and Waterman and Miller, then you have to give TFC the same credit for Osorio and Laryea.  And when it comes to the Canadian National Team, those are two really big heavy-hitters.

And if we're talking about plays like Rutty having their potential ruined by the club, its hard not to have that conversation without at least mentioning Ballou and Thierry Henry.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Yao didn’t fit their mold and was told by Renard that he would be killing his own career by sticking on the bench with the first team. He outright said if he had more pro minutes at years end he would have more options. Yao was wise and listened. They let him go because he doesn’t fit their scheme, Renard said he did the kid a solid there than try to squeeze a team for something out of him.

Ferdinand and Giraldo were released after preferring the PLSQ over the Can PL which lead to the club having concerns about wether or not they were ready to be pros.

on all sides of the coin not every player pans out and we have seen that every where.

Mael Henry is taking a different path, same as Catavolo and Schiavoni. There’s too many bodies with not enough holes.

The point is that their model of loaning out a select few has problems.  Some of the chosen ones don't turn out and the loan system doesn't work for others.  Meanwhile, the ones that aren't chosen are pretty much just left behind with no options.  TFC at least lets a larger group of players play and develop and capitalizes on the late-bloomers.  This is why we are talking about a select few CFMTL prospects but comparing them to a laundry list of TFC prospects.

How can we give CFMTL a pass on Henry, Catavolo and Schiavoni for the exact same reason that we are lambasting TFC?

9 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

If you are going to start giving credit to CF Montreal for Mihailovic and Waterman and Miller, then you have to give TFC the same credit for Osorio and Laryea.  And when it comes to the Canadian National Team, those are two really big heavy-hitters.

And if we're talking about plays like Rutty having their potential ruined by the club, its hard not to have that conversation without at least mentioning Ballou and Thierry Henry.

The point is that their model of loaning out a select few has problems.  Some of the chosen ones don't turn out and the loan system doesn't work for others.  Meanwhile, the ones that aren't chosen are pretty much just left behind with no options.  TFC at least lets a larger group of players play and develop and capitalizes on the late-bloomers.  This is why we are talking about a select few CFMTL prospects but comparing them to a laundry list of TFC prospects.

How can we give CFMTL a pass on Henry, Catavolo and Schiavoni for the exact same reason that we are lambasting TFC?

Two things here:

1- CFM never put a $20m price tag or expectation on Henry, Catavolo and Schiavoni.

2- Back to the beginning.... I believe the original comment/issue here was "wasted potential and development".  No team in MLS comes close to TFC in this regard.  Chelsea #1 globally, TFC maybe 2nd (ok, that was a joke).  

34 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

It's simple, really.

When those guys get no minutes or are cut, it's all part of a larger "plan" by CFM. When TFC gives a homegrown player minutes, it's only because they have an incomplete roster or to relieve a veteran player in need of rest.

This thread is informative.

40 minutes ago, RS said:

It's simple, really.

When those guys get no minutes or are cut, it's all part of a larger "plan" by CFM. When TFC gives a homegrown player minutes, it's only because they have an incomplete roster or to relieve a veteran player in need of rest.

This thread is informative.

We all know the truth: Most of these prospects suck, but because Toronto is the centre of the universe, we expect everyone that has been touched by the sweet sweet grace of the 416 to become future national team stars. As for Montreal, well, our guys just aren't that good, and it's fine, because we're Montreal.

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

We all know the truth: Most of these prospects suck, but because Toronto is the centre of the universe, we expect everyone that has been touched by the sweet sweet grace of the 416 to become future national team stars. As for Montreal, well, our guys just aren't that good, and it's fine, because we're Montreal.

See? You get it.

Wow this whole thing really blew up.

glad we got some serious engagement, Shway some very good points that I did not look and good on you defending TFC.

As a whole our MLS teams have not been good with youth talent and I feel we should have done more. (Each has a market monopoly) I think looking back at past groups it’s a fair question to ask if the organization messed it up or if the group was not that good. The answer yes is likely a bit of both. 

As a former TFC fan (I watch them more than MTL as a I refuse to pay for TBA sports) it is frustrating to see them handle some young players whom I felt would have been very good. Simply put, yes I am over exaggerating, I do however love Montreal’s direction and think it is best for the national team. That’s as a Can MNT fan first.

I want to see Rutty and KH pan out and well if TFC is running Rutty’s career… Vanni is ruining Kam’s… I just wish overall all the Cdn teams would be more like the Union.

MLS wise…. Joey is not my favourite…