Jean Aniel-Assi

Dominic94

abc.JPG.670d12a30c705a89a23db13adc0abb1b.JPG

You can watch U15 Concacaf Championships at this link below.  Canada beat Mexico 2-0.  The game featured 2004s.  These players will be 22 years old in 2026.

I've watched the full Concacaf game many times.   Based on performance during this match strongest players were:

• Jean-Aniel Assi (Montreal) 10/10 was a strong winger and Canada's most dominant threat
  • Dino Bontis (Toronto) 10/10 earned the shutout as the #1 with great shot-stopping and even better distribution
  • Nathan Saliba (Montreal) 9/10 creative attacking midfielder with mobility
  • Matteo Campagna (Vancouver) 8/10 steady "stay at home" defender
  • Loic Cloutier (Montreal) 7/10 defused Mexico attacking threats
  • Hugo Mbongue (Toronto) 6/10 good size and hold-up play
  • Jahkeele Stanford-Rutty (Toronto) 6/10 nice touch but often invisible and not threatening
  • Joshua Gordon (Toronto) 5/10 often beat by Mexico's Cruz down the wing, weak positioning/defending (2005)
  • Jordan Lemos (Toronto) 5/10 was steady as midfielder but often held on to possession far too long

VIDEO LINK (FULL MATCH - HD QUALITY):
https://www.facebook.com/184762468232714/videos/654653481698605

16 minutes ago, scooterlawrence5 said:

You can watch U15 Concacaf Championships at this link below.  Canada beat Mexico 2-0.  The game featured 2004s.  These players will be 22 years old in 2026.

I've watched the full Concacaf game many times.   Based on performance during this match strongest players were:

• Jean-Aniel Assi (Montreal) 10/10 was a strong winger and Canada's most dominant threat
  • Dino Bontis (Toronto) 10/10 earned the shutout as the #1 with great shot-stopping and even better distribution
  • Jahkeele Stanford-Rutty (Toronto) 6/10 nice touch but often invisible and not threatening
  • Joshua Gordon (Toronto) 5/10 often beat by Mexico's Cruz down the wing, weak positioning/defending (2005)
  • Jordan Lemos (Toronto) 5/10 was steady as midfielder but often held on to possession far too long

The future is bright, lots of Hype on Standford, Rutty and Saliba.

Thanks for the link.  I enjoyed it. Do you have links to other videos from that competition?

don’t agree with your ratings though  

I thought Assi did very little, gave the ball away a lot, and was beaten for headers and he was the biggest guy on the pitch. He did have a couple of decent balls played to rutty including one that gave him a scoring chance  

saliba was ok, nothing overly stood out. He also missed his clear cut chance on goal from a good ball from rutty 

cloutier and campagna were solid in the centre but they weren’t tested for pace or one on one so difficult to really get a good read from this match 

I thought Gordon actually pretty much shut down Cruz and cruz looked the best player on the park. So much so that they moved Cruz inside in the second half to get him away from him (but to little effect). He’s quite big and solid and didn’t give Cruz much space to operate

rutty showed the most to me and created a couple of chances but he didn’t seem the class of Cruz but then again Cruz got more of the ball. Mbongue was a close second but had little service; when he did he showed he could hold up the ball and he was very strong 

Henry looked a weak player as did lemos and stojadinovic. As Henry was the number 10, we really missed someone in the center who could be a fulcrum in the attack  

bontis did all that was required but I didn’t think he made any outstanding saves and his distribution was fine but not outstanding

at the end of the day, Mexico dominated us in the first half but we kept our shape well and they only had only half chances. We rarely got out of our end as they pressured us when we got the ball and we couldn’t hang onto it. And we scored with a route one ball from a centre half in our own half which mbongue out muscled the smaller defender. 

in the second half, we were better and had the better of the play and chances but not by a significant margin. Mexico seemed to get frustrated as the time went out, ran out of ideas and resorted to the long ball which played into our hands as we were generally bigger and stronger. 

the side looks good and can hold its own against Mexico but I wouldn’t say it’s better so let’s not get too ahead of ourselves here. Mexico hit two posts which could easily have gone in on other days. Plus had way more half chances then us. 

Anyway. My two cents worth 

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, scooterlawrence5 said:

How does Jahkeele Stanford compare to Luca Warrick and Canadá as prospects? 

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Personally I don't see the hype for him. He was fine at Cavalry from what I saw, and totally anonymous with the U20s.

There's still a chance for him.  Maybe he'll follow the Sean Rea pathway and have a breakout season.  He is two years his junior.

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

There's still a chance for him.  Maybe he'll follow the Sean Rea pathway and have a breakout season.  He is two years his junior.

I disagree, it is another Rutty situation where his career is being ruined.

In all non montreal blinders, Atleast MTL has a plan for their youth. Doesn’t seem like the others do.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

In all non montreal blinders, Atleast MTL has a plan for their youth. Doesn’t seem like the others do.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but...

Assi is a CFMTL product.

And there is a huge difference between having a career ruined and not living up to your expectations.  All things considered, Rutty is still ahead of his entire cohort (except for maybe Koleosho but even that might be a discussion).  Assi still has plenty of time to develop.  I have a hard time writing off any 18 year old.  Especially after getting starts at 17 years old in their first professional season.

16 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

If you never mentioned that you’re an MTL fan, you sure have now with that bias.

If your idea of a better plan consists of getting guys loans because they don’t operate a professional second team then you have an essay with trust being your thesis…And less a factual statement.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

If you never mentioned that you’re an MTL fan, you sure have now with that bias.

If your idea of a better plan consists of getting guys loans because they don’t operate a professional second team then you have an essay with trust being your thesis…And less a factual statement.

My idea of having a plan is playing players in their natural position, getting them minutes, sticking with them even as they make mistakes. And finally, not throwing all of them into full back positions when A you have no one, B you’re trying to fill a hole and C when they have demonstrated success in their old positions… cough cough Shaffleburg…

For all that’s said about Bradley, the way he has handled most of TFC’s youth is amateur. 

We as a country are bad at developing youth, Montreal isn’t great but seems to finally have a clear defined plan/philosophy, Vancouver are bad but hey they have the second team, they sell or loan the guys that don’t work or need minutes…

TFC try to make everyone into a full back… or waste players on the bench. 

While everyone has goals, can’t say having a 2nd team is enough. Montreal who doesn’t have a second team will play more academy products and sell them this year Vs the 2 that do…. What does that tell you ?