Jean Aniel-Assi

Dominic94

He was signed to a homegrown today along with 4 others. He’s highly rated and supposed to be their best prospect since Ballou, possibly the best they’ve had.

ironically enough he too was born in the Ivory Coast, no word if he’s eligible. Has played for our youth teams. 

https://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2020/12/04/four-academy-players-promoted-impact-first-team?fbclid=IwAR0OQFcHXQDWH2VoGzG2YBUTn79lkAOGPmWL3TvtsiOG3LAXNcBblIPmSCc

6 minutes ago, Bdog said:

I assume it was on this forum but I remember someone being really high on him, saying he could even be better than Marshall Rutty. But they're both 16 so who knows lol

Yea I read that too. Pellgrino, Rutty and Assi are supposedly amongst the best in the region for their age. The younger Priso is also rated

4 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

He was signed to a homegrown today along with 4 others. He’s highly rated and supposed to be their best prospect since Ballou, possibly the best they’ve had.

ironically enough he too was born in the Ivory Coast, no word if he’s eligible. Has played for our youth teams. 

https://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2020/12/04/four-academy-players-promoted-impact-first-team?fbclid=IwAR0OQFcHXQDWH2VoGzG2YBUTn79lkAOGPmWL3TvtsiOG3LAXNcBblIPmSCc

Sooo Ballou is actually Darth Vader?  We thought he was the chosen one, but there was another?  I'm intrigued.

14 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Yea I read that too. Pellgrino, Rutty and Assi are supposedly amongst the best in the region for their age. The younger Priso is also rated

The 2004 birth year has a lot of potential. Aside from the 4 Domenic94 mentioned, there is also Passaquale in Holland and Noah Abatneh at Lazio.  The key word of course is "potential".  

31 minutes ago, Ivan said:

And pipe dreaming as it may be, there is also Marcelo Flores out there still! 😄

Might not mean much (or anything) but in addition to the rumours that he is interested in training with Canada, there is also the fact that his dad now follows Canucks Abroad, Canada Soccer and John Herdman on twitter.

20 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Might not mean much (or anything) but in addition to the rumours that he is interested in training with Canada, there is also the fact that his dad now follows Canucks Abroad, Canada Soccer and John Herdman on twitter.

If I’m not wrong it looks like he was in Canada until he was 13? At least he has an actual connection to us, it’s probably best to not get our hopes up though. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That’s hilarious if true. Some of them we convinced we had no chance. If we get him I’m laughing.

4 hours ago, Shway said:

I refuse to mention anymore duals until they are in our program.

It's a waste of disappointment. 

Actually, it is pretty much the perfect way to optimize your feelings of disappointment.  You keep getting your hopes up and then they keep getting curb stomped.  It is really quite effective.   

7 hours ago, Bdog said:

If I’m not wrong it looks like he was in Canada until he was 13? At least he has an actual connection to us, it’s probably best to not get our hopes up though. 

I do believe his father is/was employed by Canada Soccer/Ontario soccer scouting young Canadians. Correct me if i'm wrong 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's an interesting article (in French) relating his background. Apparently, he came to Canada at 9 from Ivory Coast and only played his first organized soccer game at 11 after his school teacher noticed his abilities when he was playing soccer with other kids in the school yard !

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1760073/jean-aniel-assi-impact-montreal-soccer-royal-beauport-cote-divoire

26 minutes ago, Kent said:

I’m not an expert, but I thought U17 is the youngest official age group for national eligibility reasons. I could be wrong.

Same question I just asked regarding Flores. I'm under the impression that you are correct.