Diego Maradona

BearcatSA

Read many ulogies from media and former players around the world.  From what i gathered, the place where the ulologies have been more reserved is in nation that was the victim of the hand of god.     For me, i wont dispute anyone who says he was the best ever but (if asked) i cant say for sure if I thought he was the best player i ever saw.  Maybe i think that way because he was a flawed individual off the pitch.  Or maybe its because we didnt get to see in canada all that much club soccer matches from europe at that time.  But i did read alot about him in the Italian media sources that we were able to get in Canada.

For those who never saw him play,  there is great HBO documentary that aired on TSN a few times.   However,  That documentary focused a lot on his off the pitch flaws.  On the pitch,  my recollection of him being at his best was at the 1986 WC.  I saw him play in the the WC’s 1982 thru 1994.  No question he was the best player in the world in the 1986 World cup.  

Finally, a Great great talent.  But also the most polarizing soccer soccer player that i ahve ever seen.

Edited by Free kick