Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Herdman has always rated Okello and Fraser and he’s boys with Vanney who rates Priso.

Baldisimo needs to get more playing time in Van locked down to be honest.

also, the us is chasing Balgoun and apparently if he commits they’d pretty much have no use for Peppi and Akinola...

But he's played more than either of them combined. I will be shocked if he isn't starting consistently next season. He would be the best passer in this camp.

And platt on Twitter confirmed:

Corbeanu will leave camp if Wolves want, he’s locked into Canada as his switch has gone through. 

Sturing is also part of the Reds

Gutierrez has filed his switch (good job Johnny H)

Canada letting Ayo do his thing and see his options, was always interested but now he gets to go.

Flores is exploring and a long term process.

I do wonder why Zator and Farsi aren’t at camp, maybe incoming moves ?

also I don’t know if you guys have seen but Herdman is loved by the players, his people skills are on another level, that could help a ton to ultimately convince Flores and Ayo.

Just now, Shway said:

Wheelers take was solid....Yankov just made a u-turn or was posturing. Where else would he get that information from if not from JH or DY?

I like Wheeler, and he's right about Akinola with his few words "Teal Bunbury, see you in January" 

I tend to believe this take. I think JH fed Wheeler (or someone at OneSoccer) the intel and the Yankov thing was unexpected to everyone.

26 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

my own thought...

Mexico must be shitting their pants right now, 3 big prospects going to other camps.

Why? They are still miles ahead in regard to development never-mind us. Their engine is always churning out guys. So the few they miss out on the few that will come through the ranks. 

5 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

MDS is an idiot and hasn’t played him that much, even though they were out he wouldn’t start him. 

MDS not playing Baldisimo this season was obnoxious, yeah. I can almost sympathize, as Teibert is supposed to be a good presence, and Owusu/Bikel were their 'Big' moves, but they so clearly needed a playmaker. If he does it again this season, I will officially hop on his crowded hate train. 

Merry Christmas CMNT fans! Happy with all of selections and impressed to see that some of the fence-sitters will be in camp. Would agree that Baldisimo is one of the few snubs. I think he earned a spot, but there are too many other CDMs on the camp roster that are on the same level or higher (Piette, Fraser, Okello, Priso). Also of note that neither Tabla or Tiebert is on the roster. Probably Herdman just wanting to get in some new faces in the fringe slots.

Isn't James on a break in January?  

I had to do so many double takes reading through the roster that I thought I was dreaming....

Flores, Akinola St.Clair, Corbeanu.... it brought a huge smile to my face!

Canada Soccer you earned this:

If you can keep your head when all about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;   
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;   
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,   
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,   
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,   
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,   
    And—which is more—you’ll be a NATIONAL TEAM, Herdman!

Up the Reds!

29 minutes ago, Shway said:

Why? They are still miles ahead in regard to development never-mind us. Their engine is always churning out guys. So the few they miss out on the few that will come through the ranks. 

Because those are 3 big prospects, Flores could end up being amongst the best in the world.

Mexcio has prospects yeah but how many world class guys really ? I mean Davies and David level.

I find they aren’t as good as they could be.

29 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

MDS not playing Baldisimo this season was obnoxious, yeah. I can almost sympathize, as Teibert is supposed to be a good presence, and Owusu/Bikel were their 'Big' moves, but they so clearly needed a playmaker. If he does it again this season, I will officially hop on his crowded hate train. 

I’m not convinced that those guys are better than MB.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

After the last big “reveal” I am not putting any currency whatsoever into Wheeler’s scoops.  

This is especially true since:

1 hour ago, mtroads said:

Wheeler's saying on Twitter that Corbeanu and Sturing have filed their switches, but Flores and Akinola haven't yet.

Sturing never had to file a switch since he never played an official match for the Netherlands.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Great work. Now to make flores and Akinola feel this is where they belong. HUGE!

Mostly Gutierrez for me. Adekugbe is playing well but is injury prone. We need more depth at LB for March and just in general. We don't want to play Kamal Miller or Davies at LB.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Gutierrez has filed his switch (good job Johnny H)

Superb news if true. With 4 match and 3 match windows in the schedule, we really need depth more than ever before and we need guys who will feel more at ease going down to Mexico and Central America.

EDIT:

@Dominic94 , you know what would be ironic, if it was fellow Spanish-speaker, and lover of all things in Latin-American culture, Lucas Cavallini who helped convince Gutiérrez to file his switch during their time together at the Whitecaps. :D 

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1341856441406287872

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

41 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

Merry Christmas CMNT fans! Happy with all of selections and impressed to see that some of the fence-sitters will be in camp. Would agree that Baldisimo is one of the few snubs. I think he earned a spot, but there are too many other CDMs on the camp roster that are on the same level or higher (Piette, Fraser, Okello, Priso). Also of note that neither Tabla or Tiebert is on the roster. Probably Herdman just wanting to get in some new faces in the fringe slots.

Isn't James on a break in January?  

No Juan Cordoba either but I'm so very pleased overall!

e294592a154da840e1c86836b0eb384e.jpg

1 minute ago, Norrin Radd said:

Why would Flores be required to file a switch? I thought he only played for Mexico at the U16 Montaigu Tournament. Do those games count as official FIFA competition or am I overlooking something about the latest FIFA rules?

Good question, might not be a switch but has he not played for us in official competition ?