Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

This is sarcastic right? There's no way you can be complaining about being called bad for an alternative point of view, after you've posted here ad nauseum calling people idiots and afraid for taking the virus more seriously than you?

Regardless of the hypocrisy, the heart of his post (which you ignored) is important. You get more bees with honey than vinegar, so if you disagree with someone, try to understand them instead of responding with bitterness or hatred. 

I am not targeting you specifically, because you are generally good at this (I appreciate your patience when it comes to the CSA finance issue, for example). This is just a general comment for those with ears to listen. 

Edited by Obinna

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter what our opinions are. They don’t change the reality.

What day in December was camp poutine announced last year?

Last years camp was Jan 15th and reports started to come out on Dec 30th 

https://www.wakingthered.com/2019/12/30/21042835/canada-soccer-iceland-friendly-january-2020-tv-hex-schedule

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/12/30/canada-mens-national-team-play-iceland-us-based-friendly-january

So we may get an official announcement before the end of the year, hopefully.

The roster last year came out around January 3rd, so 12 days before camp.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/1/3/21048490/making-sense-of-the-canadian-mens-national-teams-january-roster

Edited by Obinna

Thanks to Obinna, her is the roster from Poutine 2020.

GK- Marco Carducci | CAN / Cavalry FC (Calgary)

GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC

GK- James Pantemis | CAN / Impact de Montréal

CB- Derek Cornelius | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC

CB- Amer Didić | CAN / FC Edmonton

CB- Manjrekar James | DEN / FC Midtjylland

CB- Kamal Miller | USA / Orlando City SC

FB- Samuel Adekugbe | NOR / Vålerenga Fotbal

FB- Zorhan Bassong | BEL / Cercle Brugge KSV

FB- Marcus Godinho | GER / FSV Zwickau

FB- Richie Laryea | CAN / Toronto FC

FB- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC

M- Tristan Borges | CAN / Forge FC Hamilton

M- Jay Chapman | USA / Inter Miami CF

M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC

M- Noble Okello | CAN / Toronto FC

M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC

M- Samuel Piette | CAN / Impact de Montréal

M- Shamit Shome | CAN / Impact de Montréal

M- Russell Teibert | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC

F- Tesho Akindele | USA / Orlando City SC

F- Theo Bair | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC

F- Charles-Andreas Brym | POR / Belenenses SAD U-23

F- Jayden Nelson | CAN / Toronto FC II

F- Tosaint Ricketts | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC

F- Jacob Shaffelburg | CAN / Toronto FC

Who is likely out of of this roster for Poutine 2021?

My omissions would be Didic, Crepeau (injured), Godhino (in Europe), Morgan, Borges (in Europe) , Ricketts, Brym (in Europe) Any other omissions?

Additions: Zator, Farsi, N'sa, Dunn, Michael Baldisimo, Buchanon, and two or three others. Who?

And, yes, we Voyageurs love to speculate about our team!  :)

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Regardless of the hypocrisy, the heart of his post (which you ignored) is important. You get more bees with honey than vinegar, so if you disagree with someone, try to understand them instead of responding with bitterness or hatred. 

I am not targeting you specifically, because you are generally good at this (I appreciate your patience when it comes to the CSA finance issue, for example). This is just a general comment for those with ears to listen. 

Are there rules that require me to address the entirety of a post when quoting someone?

11 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Would like to get some of our top young talent involved like Marshall-Rutty and Aniel Assi.

I agree...that's why I would prefer this is just a U24 camp. I've said it before already, it doesn't make sense to bring in Kaye (will essentially have no rest/break), Piette (minimal break), Osorio, and Cavallini. Let those guys rest, enjoy their break after a tiring season (specifically the Canadian guys). And let's kill two birds with one stone, which is preparing for U24 COQ while seeing who stands-out and can go into the senior squad come March. 

This camp can't be considered a preparation camp for WCQ, I repeat this camp can't be considered a preparation camp.

31 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Are there rules that require me to address the entirety of a post when quoting someone?

There are no rules just people expressing themselves. Apparently me expressing myself causes complete outrage amongst a few. Which is funny because if what Im saying is so ridiculous and I clearly yield no actual power to effect the governing of anyone's life, why the angst. Yet others opinions are playing out and negatively effecting nearly every aspect of my life and I'm supposed to play right along, shut my mouth and march right along with the pack. And for the record I dont think any of you are bad people, I bet your great and just expressing what you think is right. No harm in that. Sticks and stones 

Edited by SpursFlu

14 minutes ago, Shway said:

I agree...that's why I would prefer this is just a U24 camp. I've said it before already, it doesn't make sense to bring in Kaye (will essentially have no rest/break), Piette (minimal break), Osorio, and Cavallini. Let those guys rest, enjoy their break after a tiring season (specifically the Canadian guys). And let's kill two birds with one stone, which is preparing for U24 COQ while seeing who stands-out and can go into the senior squad come March. 

This camp can't be considered a preparation camp for WCQ, I repeat this camp can't be considered a preparation camp.

Generally agreed, though I would involve Liam Fraser. So, this would mean no Osorio, Laryea, Tiebert, Piette, Kaye, or Akindele That leaves six more younger guys to include. (Priso, Yao, Rapuso, and . . . ??)

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I think Herdman said before that we are going young in this camp, so I expect a pretty young squad. Calling Belal is probably an indication of that. I also expect Amuz to be involved. Nelson and probably Priso will be there, but perhaps too soon for Marshall-Rutty and Assi.

Kaye and Piette may be given a rest, but Osorio or Teibert may be summoned, maybe Cavallini too. I am curious to see if Ricketts gets a call. 

I also get the feeling Shaffleburg will get dropped this time. 

Buchanan, Baldisimo, Priso and St. Clair are the obvious newbies.

Edited by Obinna

On 12/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, Stryker911 said:

Screw that. The CSA never gives us any info. Let the players pass on some details. I'm sick of getting my info from a Central America reporter and putting the whole article into Google translate.

Due to the lack of information from the CSA in relation to possible friendly matches, I continue to share these sources from the south , this time from the Dominican Republic where it is reported that several nations are planning friendly matches in Florida for the month of January, Canada included. This so far does not have a confirmation but at least it keeps our minds occupied.

Edited by xabuep2

1 hour ago, mtroads said:

for those too lazy to click through who just want the squad list:

GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
GK- James Pantemis | CAN / Impact de Montréal
GK- Dayne St. Clair | USA / Minnesota United FC

CB- Derek Cornelius | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
CB- Belal Halbouni | GER / SV Werder Bremen II
CB- Kamal Miller | CAN / Impact de Montréal
CB- Frank Sturing | NED / FC Den Bosch
CB- Joel Waterman | CAN / Impact de Montréal

FB- Samuel Adekugbe | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball
FB- Zorhan Bassong | CAN / Impact de Montréal
FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | CAN / Impact de Montréal
FB- Tajon Buchanan | USA / New England Revolution
FB- Cristián Gutierrez | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
FB- Alistair Johnston | USA / Nashville SC
FB- Richie Laryea | CAN / Toronto FC

M- Tesho Akindele | USA / Orlando City SC
M- Marco Bustos | CAN / Pacific FC
M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Mark-Anthony Kaye | USA / Los Angeles FC
M- Noble Okello | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Samuel Piette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Ralph Priso | CAN / Toronto FC

F- Ayo Akinola | CAN / Toronto FC
F- Lucas Cavallini | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
F- Marcelo Flores | ENG / Arsenal U-18
F- Jayden Nelson | CAN / Toronto FC
F- Theo Corbeanu | ENG / Wolverhampton Wanderers

Edited by bfque8

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Flores and Akinola ! Holy shit!

Cristian Gutierrez too! Also Corbeanu, who I'm a bit puzzled by given that he has been in Wolves first team - I feel he may opt out. Otherwise why would Millar not be there as well?

No surprise but great to see Buchanan, Johnston and St. Clair as well.

Akinola and Flores being there tells me that none of these matches will count toward anything. They'll be "training matches" rather than friendlies. 

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Cristian Gutierrez too! Also Corbeanu, who I'm a bit puzzled by given that he has been in Wolves first team - I feel he may opt out. Otherwise why would Millar not be there as well?

No surprise but great to see Buchanan, Johnston and St. Clair as well.

Akinola and Flores being there tells me that none of these matches will count toward anything. They'll be "training matches" rather than friendlies. 

Still great to see their interest.  You don’t accept this call unless you are at least a still open to the concept.  This is great news - training match or no.