Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

Keeper; St. Clair, Crepeau (if healthy), our pick of the best CPL goalkeeper

Defence: (winter beaks in Europe could change things, otherwise . . .

Zator, Cornelius, Miller, Brault-Giullard, Laryea, Gutierrez (invite anyway), Farsi, Johnston, Cordova

Midfield: Kaye, Osorio, Fraser, Buchanan, Piette, Teibert, Babouli, Michael Baldisimo,

Forwards: Cavallini, Edwards, Akindele, Akinola, Pasher

Questions: Zator or Didic? We have seen Didic. I wonder about his pace.  Any more CPL players? Are Teibert and Piette simultaneous candidates for DM? Would Pasher be dangerous in CONCACAF with our midfield? Is Edwards a kind of sleeper (he played well with Minnesota)?Babouli, to me, sees the field incredibly well, plays well into space both on and off the ball, and has a very high football IQ. Would he connect well in the squad?  Anybody missed, or who does not belong?

8 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Keeper; St. Clair, Crepeau (if healthy), our pick of the best CPL goalkeeper

Defence: (winter beaks in Europe could change things, otherwise . . .

Zator, Cornelius, Miller, Brault-Giullard, Laryea, Gutierrez (invite anyway), Farsi, Johnston, Cordova

Midfield: Kaye, Osorio, Fraser, Buchanan, Piette, Teibert, Babouli, Michael Baldisimo,

Forwards: Cavallini, Edwards, Akindele, Akinola, Pasher

Questions: Zator or Didic? We have seen Didic. I wonder about his pace.  Any more CPL players? Are Teibert and Piette simultaneous candidates for DM? Would Pasher be dangerous in CONCACAF with our midfield? Is Edwards a kind of sleeper (he played well with Minnesota)?Babouli, to me, sees the field incredibly well, plays well into space both on and off the ball, and has a very high football IQ. Would he connect well in the squad?  Anybody missed, or who does not belong?

If you are giving Guiterrez an "invite anyway" asterisk, you should give Akinola one, just for consistency. 

Pasher and Edwards are debatable. Bair, Tabla, Bustos and Nelson are just some of the other players who may be considered.

Midfield looks good. I like the Babouli call. I also wonder if Bekker if we are considering Babouli. I wonder if Chapman gets another chance. He's played just as sparingly as Edwards, but we haven't seen Raheem in a while, so perhaps his chance comes. 

Defense looks good as well. I agree that Didic's lack of pace is a concern, but he is also very dominant in the air. I think he needs to be there as you only have 3 CBs listed (including Miller).

Cheers!

29 minutes ago, Obinna said:

If you are giving Guiterrez an "invite anyway" asterisk, you should give Akinola one, just for consistency. 

Pasher and Edwards are debatable. Bair, Tabla, Bustos and Nelson are just some of the other players who may be considered.

Midfield looks good. I like the Babouli call. I also wonder if Bekker if we are considering Babouli. I wonder if Chapman gets another chance. He's played just as sparingly as Edwards, but we haven't seen Raheem in a while, so perhaps his chance comes. 

Defense looks good as well. I agree that Didic's lack of pace is a concern, but he is also very dominant in the air. I think he needs to be there as you only have 3 CBs listed (including Miller).

Cheers!

Of course, Akinola gets an invitation. That was an odd omission by me. Who, besides Didic comes to mind for an additional CB?

If there is a winter break in Europe, then, depending on quarantine rules, Adekugbe, and Kennedy (CB) could attend. Who else at CB could be called who has a reasonable chance of winning as spot on the U-23 or the CMNT roster over time?

Edited by Stoppage Time

If i was to call a 32 man squad today:

GK: St Clair, Crepeau, Hasal, Henry

DEF: ZBG, Johnston, Farsi, Cornelius, Jakovic, Waterman, Zator, Miller, Laryea, Adekugbe, Gutierrez*

MID: Kaye, Osorio, Piette, Baldisimo, Teibert, Bekker, Buchanan, Fraser, Priso

FW: Cavallini, Akinola*, Akindele, Bair, Rutty, Bustos, Nelson, Tabla 

Has there been any kind of official word on this supposed camp??  I'd even take a glasscity tweet or a rollins mention at this point.  Something to show it might actually happen.  Or are we going to end up doing this circle J**K roster speculation for another 10 pages for nothing??  Sorry, I was just looking at USMNT pics of their training sessions with a smiling Akinola going through drills and its making me lose my mind!!!  FRAG...even with Davies we cannot talk some CDN companies into sponsorship deals to afford to have these camps??  

Just now, Bison44 said:

Has there been any kind of official word on this supposed camp??  I'd even take a glasscity tweet or a rollins mention at this point.  Something to show it might actually happen.  Or are we going to end up doing this circle J**K roster speculation for another 10 pages for nothing??  Sorry, I was just looking at USMNT pics of their training sessions with a smiling Akinola going through drills and its making me lose my mind!!!  FRAG...even with Davies we cannot talk some CDN companies into sponsorship deals to afford to have these camps??  

I think we’re all just hoping.

at this point I’m extremely skeptical that this will happen but we should know for sure soon.

20 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Has there been any kind of official word on this supposed camp??

Just like when the question was asked earlier:

On 11/19/2020 at 11:07 AM, costarg said:

Ok seriously man, has there been any public indication of any kind of the CSA's plans?

The answer remains the same:

On 11/19/2020 at 2:02 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The CSA has always played its cards close to the chest. The mainstream press that have contacts with them (Neil Davidson is the perfect example) tend to report generic stories that are easily digestible by readers of mainstream publications. They never post rumours of things to come or things the CSA would be unhappy about. They also never post any tentative plans or anything prior to an official CSA press release. You have to go to the foreign press for rumours.

(In this case, the press out of Panama)

We will likely get a CSA confirmation the day the players fly out for the camp.

If you want a tweet from @GlassCity, he is following the latest news out of Panama, just like the rest of us:

@xabuep2 was the one who made us aware of that tweet from sports journalist Ricardo Icaza.

32 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

As posted above, an email has been sent out to a pool of players from the CSA in regards to a camp in January. Whether Covid ruins this again is the only thing standing in the way

10 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

This isn't the best news:

https://futbolcentroamerica.com/amp/noticias/Panama-jugaria-dos-amistosos-en-enero-contra-selecciones-del-Caribe-20201213-0008.html

Looks like the Panama thing may be falling apart.

Does @xabuep2 know more?

There is talk of having Martinique as a rival, two games away. The negotiation with Canada seems to be cooling off.

In my personal opinion, if the game with Canada does not take place, I do not think it is due to a lack of interest from Fepafut, since the arrival of Danish coach Christiansen, a lot has been invested in friendly matches. And the local media leaked the news of the games with Canada. I believe more that the CSA has not confirmed and therefore has not reached a happy agreement. But these are just my speculations, let's see what will happen.

20 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

As of December 15th players who were selected were notified of a training camp at IMG Academy from January 9th to 24th. Training matches are planned vs USMNT.

Makes sense. Panama is looking to play Martinique instead.

The USMNT invited Guatemala but they decided to host Puerto Rico instead.

The DR is also hosting Puerto Rico (so Puerto Rico is actually playing 3 matches in January).

In the end @Bison44 will be happy I guess.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to Camp Poutine 2021 (January friendly matches) - vs the USMNT @ IMG in FL ?
On 12/14/2020 at 11:02 AM, SpursFlu said:

What kind of negotiation could be taking place? Is there money being exchanged or whats the problem?

At what point do these teams start to consider a good Canada is not good for them

Playing against the USMNT in Florida is probably cheaper, logistically easier, and to be honest it is a better opponent. Gaining experience in central america would have been nice, it never goes to waste, but I can see how this would make more sense. 

Credit where credit is due if this comes to fruition. 

2 hours ago, Tyson M said:

As of December 15th players who were selected were notified of a training camp at IMG Academy from January 9th to 24th. Training matches are planned vs USMNT.

Now who told you this huh...🤔

Hopefully we can get a game in against another opponent, because that will be a tough test for some newcomers regardless of it’s a heavily domestic US squad.

I still would prefer Panama, but beggars can’t be choosers...right?

Edited by Shway

17 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

At the very least WE should finally know! 

Either way it would probably feel very weird for him.

It’s one thing to play against El Salvador on the American team but if he plays against the USA or Canada that will be the final decision. Maybe he just decides to say no to both camps?