Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

Interview with Nick Bontis from halftime of the Forge game the other night: https://www.tsn.ca/video/canada-soccer-president-outlines-desire-to-bring-nwsl-franchise-to-canada~2090256

At 5:45 of video he mentions the the MNT will not go into WCQ games in March without "meaningful competition" beforehand. This is all pending approval from health officials so I can't say I'm too optimistic of games taking place.

1 hour ago, canadianbacons said:

Interview with Nick Bontis from halftime of the Forge game the other night: https://www.tsn.ca/video/canada-soccer-president-outlines-desire-to-bring-nwsl-franchise-to-canada~2090256

At 5:45 of video he mentions the the MNT will not go into WCQ games in March without "meaningful competition" beforehand. This is all pending approval from health officials so I can't say I'm too optimistic of games taking place.

Rolls eyes. So when are we exactly suppose to play meaningful competition with our best 18 guys, when they are not available? Surely it's not possible in January nor will it be in February....or is there a plan for a new FIFA window between those dates.

Edited by Shway

1 hour ago, canadianbacons said:

:D My friend you did not hear him correctly; it's actually quite the opposite.

(As you stated @canadianbacons ,  in this 7½ minute interview, the relevant part starts at around 5½ minutes)

Bontis says: 
"So we do have a plan to actually get back into competitive meaningful games for early 2021. We need to do that Luke; we cannot afford to go into our March Qatar Qualifiers having not played meaningful matches... (then he talks bout the #CanWNT)"

So Bontis is actually doubling down here on Camp Poutine and stressing it's importance. He gives himself an out if there are serious COVID19 issues that come up but he looks very committed to Camp Poutine 2021.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

My question still remains, how important/meaningful these games can be if we do not have our likely starters. I'm interested to know what JH's plan will be with this camp, as the potential for two completely different starting XI's is highly likely. 

As opposed to always talking about who could be there how about who wouldn't be there and look at it from that perspective. I dont have the best knowledge of which leagues take a break etc etc but I would like to see the potential list. Ok Davies, David, Estaquao, Arfield, Larin, Hutchinson, Borjan, Hoilett.. who else? Because I'm not so worried about these guys.. im thinking depth, picking the actual roster and evaluating new players.

Is it 4 games in a short period? They'll have rotate players

Edited by SpursFlu

10 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

As opposed to always talking about who could be there how about who wouldn't be there and look at it from that perspective. I dont have the best knowledge of which leagues take a break etc etc but I would like to see the potential list. Ok Davies, David, Estaquao, Arfield, Larin, Hutchinson, Borjan, Hoilett.. who else? Because I'm not so worried about these guys.. im thinking depth, picking the actual roster and evaluating new players.

Is it 4 games in a short period? They'll have rotate players

England U23s have a break.  Liverpool (Millar) don't play until the 11th and Wolves (Corbeanu) the 18th. But both might be looking for loans and in theory they might get a chance in the cup. 

50 minutes ago, scooterlawrence5 said:

BREAKING NEWS - PANAMA MIGHT GO INTO LOCKDOWN

Newsroom Panama just announced that if the pandemic continues to spiral out of control, the country will go into lockdown.

https://menafn.com/1101220239/Panama-Lockdown-return-still-on-the-cards

Are there Republican States in Panama?

6 hours ago, scooterlawrence5 said:

BREAKING NEWS - PANAMA MIGHT GO INTO LOCKDOWN

Newsroom Panama just announced that if the pandemic continues to spiral out of control, the country will go into lockdown.

https://menafn.com/1101220239/Panama-Lockdown-return-still-on-the-cards

Just a false alarm! There was a rumor in the public opinion that they would close the country due to the increase in the number of cases. Today everyone was waiting for a press conference dictated by the Ministry of Health, where they were informed that they would fine people who violate security measures such as not wearing masks, or having private parties with a large number of people, etc. But not a Lockdown.

Fepafut is still looking for rivals to play with in January, Canada's option is still on the table and Caribbean rivals are also being sought (apparently Puerto Rico).

46 minutes ago, xabuep2 said:

and Caribbean rivals are also being sought (apparently Puerto Rico).

Panama's group has the Dominican Republic in it. I don't think playing Puerto Rico will help them more against the DR than playing Canada, but what do I know?

& Panama shouldn't be worried about Barbados or Dominica.

Weird.

Okay we know who’s potentially out from Europe, and I think Herdman will try to bring his best team/guys who have been in a camp of his before mixed with a few new faces.

So I got a few names of who we might see... 

30 Man Roster

GK: St. Clair, Crepeau, Hasal

DF: Laryea, ZBG, Miller, Cornelius, Johnston, Bassong, Waterman, James, Adekugbe, Dunn

MF: Osorio, Kaye, Piette, Teibert, Fraser, Okello, Baldisimo, Chapman, Edwards, Priso

FW: Cavallini, Tesho, Buchanan, Bair, Tabla, Nelson, Ricketts 😬

——————————————————

Best XI:

———————St. Clair————————

Laryea———James—Miller——Adekugbe
————————Piette———————
————Osorio————Kaye————
Buchanan——————————Tabla
———————Cavallini———————

This team should do work on any local Panamanian side.

6 hours ago, Shway said:

Okay we know who’s potentially out from Europe, and I think Herdman will try to bring his best team/guys who have been in a camp of his before mixed with a few new faces.

30 Man Roster

DF: Laryea, ZBG, Miller, Cornelius, Johnston, Bassong, Waterman, James, Adekugbe, Dunn

MF: Osorio, Kaye, Piette, Teibert, Fraser, Okello, Baldisimo, Chapman, Edwards, Priso

——————————————————

Best XI:

———————St. Clair————————

————————Piette———————
————Osorio————Kaye————
Buchanan——————————Tabla
———————Cavallini———————

Not sure Tabla has done enough to warrant a start...

10 hours ago, Shway said:

30 Man Roster

——————————————————

Best XI:

———————St. Clair————————

————————Piette———————
————Osorio————Kaye————
Buchanan——————————Tabla
———————Cavallini———————

As much as I'd love to see Tabla earn that spot, I feel it goes to Akindele.

A little bit of insider hush hush news.. but not really anything we haven’t speculated about already. A pool of players have been contacted about an upcoming camp in January, looking like it’s going to be a big camp. It would be in bad taste for me to say who it is who received the email but it is someone who we all expected/hope gets the call. Let’s pray covid doesn’t ruin this!

40 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

A little bit of insider hush hush news.. but not really anything we haven’t speculated about already. A pool of players have been contacted about an upcoming camp in January, looking like it’s going to be a big camp. It would be in bad taste for me to say who it is who received the email but it is someone who we all expected/hope gets the call. Let’s pray covid doesn’t ruin this!

Corbeanu?  Ayo?  spill it bro!!  🤐

Ahh ok, just saw the next posts regarding CB.....  too bad.

Edited by costarg