Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

Getting our players to a camp in the US is not too hard.  Having some of them come back to Canada (CPL & some MLS players) and having them self isolate away from their families for 14 days is not so easy, especially if there are no competitive matches to play.  Asking them to do it multiple times for multiple camps is a lot to ask of players with young families.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I should know better than reply.  Tajon is a very good player he has 3 goals in 33 games  with NE REV in the MLS one season   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajon_Buchanan  I see no hype on

Ya, a friend of mine knows a guy kinda story. He knows I'm a long time Voyageur so shared a picture of the document with me. Neat to see. Not trying to get anyone in trouble, but it's exciting news in

re: Baldisimo, AGR reporting that Herdman did invite him, but rejected due to an injury    

Posted Images

Playing devil's advocate for the CSA here, the Ontario Soccer Association recently had to downsize staff. The in person part of my National C coaching course has been delayed and they have emailed us about it. I'm guessing this is not just happening in our province, but nation wide. 

They must be really tight budget wise for this camp.

Since we gotta guess lineups/teams:

Team Red:
-----------------Pantemis---------------

Gutierrez----Waterman---Corneilius---Adekugbe

------------Okello-----Priso------------------
-----------------Bustos----------------------

ZBG--------------------------------Shaffelburg
-------------------Bair---------------------

Team White:
-----------------Crepeau---------------

Johnston-----Sturring---Miller----Laryea

-------Piette----------Kaye-------------
---------------Osorio-------------------

Buchanan-----------------------Nelson
---------------Cavallini-----------------

Edited by Shway
5 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Guti's still at this camp, right? Where is he?

Hasn’t been spotted yet. 

Although it looks like it could be him in the red team at RB....but why he would be there is confusing to me.

There are 3 RBs, and 3LBs in camp, however it looks like Laryea was used an a LB in the white team, and ZBG was a RM in the red.

Edited by Shway
5 minutes ago, Shway said:

Hasn’t been spotted yet. 

From what I saw I that Guiti was right back on red...at least in the 2nd half when the red teams right side was closest  to the camera in the highlights 

Edited by spitfire
Just now, spitfire said:

From what I saw I that Guiti was right back on red...at least in the 2nd half when the red teams right side was closest  to the camera in the highlights 

Yea that’s what I just came to the conclusion with too - which doesn’t make sense to me. I guess Herdman is trying versatility?

35 minutes ago, Shway said:

Since we gotta guess lineups/teams:

Team Red:
-----------------Pantemis---------------

? ----Waterman---Corneilius---Adekugbe

------------Okello-----Priso------------------
-----------------Bustos----------------------

ZBG--------------------------------Shaffelburg
-------------------Bair---------------------

Team White:
-----------------Crepeau---------------

Johnston-----Sturring---Miller----Laryea

-------Piette----------Kaye-------------
---------------Osorio-------------------

Buchanan-----------------------Nelson
---------------Cavallini-----------------

Bassong started at RB for the red team at least for the first half

4 hours ago, RS said:

Shaffelburg is a gd speed merchant. He just need to learn when to rely on his speed and when to pick his head up and try to combine with his teammates.

(In general, I mean. In this instance his instinct to run as fast as he could with the ball worked.)

He'd make a great super sub for TFC this year, I have no idea why Vanney started him for a few games before sending him to Robidas Island for the rest of the 2019 and almost all of 2020.

11 hours ago, archer21 said:

Have the USMNT been posting any updates? Why the hate on CSA from an American, if the US hasn’t been any more helpful? Is it clear that it is the CSA’s decision to have the matches be scrimmages?

The USMNT is playing actual friendlies later in the months... these scrimmages were more or less the CSA just taking advantage that the USMNT is training nearby... to the USSF these aren't worth televising because they aren't really matches.