Jump to content

Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I should know better than reply.  Tajon is a very good player he has 3 goals in 33 games  with NE REV in the MLS one season   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajon_Buchanan  I see no hype on

Ya, a friend of mine knows a guy kinda story. He knows I'm a long time Voyageur so shared a picture of the document with me. Neat to see. Not trying to get anyone in trouble, but it's exciting news in

re: Baldisimo, AGR reporting that Herdman did invite him, but rejected due to an injury    

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t immediately lock him at #2?  I think there is real competition for the first time in awhile.

Crepeau versus St. Clair should be a legitimate competition for 2nd string. As we get closer to the World Cup, it'll increasingly be a 3-horse race, with those two continuing to gain MLS experience and challenge Borjan.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t seen that much of St Clair, but what I saw was good and you can’t argue with the fact that he was the starting keeper for a team that punched above its weight in MLS.  Aside from the fact that Crepeau has been there as #2 for us previously I doubt there is enough of a clear gap to make him the automatic backup to Borjan.   Hopefully Herdman gets the chance to assess both of them and make the right call.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched most of Minnesota's game just because of St. Clair, and tbh, without him, Minnesota doesn't make it as far as they did this last season, period. St. Clair kept them in games they had no business being in. Besides, Max hasn't been playing lately, so right now, based on form alone, St. Clair should be the number 2 keeper, and tbh, would personally be comfortable with him starting if Borjan was not available. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Anyone know if the other scrimmage is going to be televised?

Gareth Wheeler had said this at the beginning of the month.

Then Canada soccer said:

"will have an intra-squad match on Sunday 17 January"
https://canadasoccer.com/news/canada-soccer-back-on-the-pitch-with-january-2021-mens-national-team-camp-presented-by-allstate/

So, who knows? :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Gareth Wheeler had said this at the beginning of the month.

Then Canada soccer said:

"will have an intra-squad match on Sunday 17 January"
https://canadasoccer.com/news/canada-soccer-back-on-the-pitch-with-january-2021-mens-national-team-camp-presented-by-allstate/

So, who knows? :(

I bet it's gonna be like the T&T scrimmage before the Gold Cup where we'll get highlights and that's it :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

In other news, France made some kind of last-minute policy change and blocked the players from Panama from entering their country, so they can't play their friendlies vs Martinique and Guadeloupe.

https://www.fepafut.com/noticias/4318/se-suspenden-partidos-ante-martinica-y-guadalupe

Maybe they can fly to Florida instead and we can play Panama after all! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

In other news, France made some kind of last-minute policy change and blocked the players from Panama from entering their country, so they can't play their friendlies vs Martinique and Guadeloupe.

https://www.fepafut.com/noticias/4318/se-suspenden-partidos-ante-martinica-y-guadalupe

Maybe they can fly to Florida instead and we can play Panama after all! 

I'm not very optimistic about seeing a Canada friendly match before their official game against Suriname on March 25th. As for Panama, according to unofficial information they are trying to play against Haiti, Trinidad & Tobago, Serbia and Puerto Rico.

According to Dominican and Puerto Rican sources, Panama could play at the Felix Sanchez stadium in Santo Domingo vs Puerto Rico and Serbia. It is incredible that the Dominican Rep. baseball country par excellence is now the axis of so many friendlies

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, gator said:

Why would you care or bother posting negative stuff on a Concacaf rival's forum? (Not that I am defending the CSA)

He's right though - in this regard (keeping us informed for the first national team activity of any kind in 12 months (!)) the CSA does suck. One twitter post of a photo of ZBG isn't good enough. He'd be entitled to make the criticism here even if it wasn't the US that we were supposed to be playing. After all, it's not like he comes here to troll people, a lot of his insights on the US & the other Concacaf countries he's been keeping tabs on is quite useful and interesting. If it was a "Ah ha, you guys suck and so does your FA" that would be different, but criticizing them for keeping us all in the dark is fair game since so many of us have said the same thing and feel the same way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

He's right though - in this regard (keeping us informed for the first national team activity of any kind in 12 months (!)) the CSA does suck. One twitter post of a photo of ZBG isn't good enough. He'd be entitled to make the criticism here even if it wasn't the US that we were supposed to be playing. After all, it's not like he comes here to troll people, a lot of his insights on the US & the other Concacaf countries he's been keeping tabs on is quite useful and interesting. If it was a "Ah ha, you guys suck and so does your FA" that would be different, but criticizing them for keeping us all in the dark is fair game since so many of us have said the same thing and feel the same way.

Posting on a rival's board no matter what the sport or how much insight they may be deemed to offer never ends well, it's not like we don't recognize the failings of the CSA!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, archer21 said:

Have the USMNT been posting any updates? Why the hate on CSA from an American, if the US hasn’t been any more helpful? Is it clear that it is the CSA’s decision to have the matches be scrimmages?

The difference is the US will be playing a friendly against Serbia end of month which will be televised. These dumb scrimmages are all we’ve got.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

He's right though - in this regard (keeping us informed for the first national team activity of any kind in 12 months (!)) the CSA does suck. One twitter post of a photo of ZBG isn't good enough. He'd be entitled to make the criticism here even if it wasn't the US that we were supposed to be playing. After all, it's not like he comes here to troll people, a lot of his insights on the US & the other Concacaf countries he's been keeping tabs on is quite useful and interesting. If it was a "Ah ha, you guys suck and so does your FA" that would be different, but criticizing them for keeping us all in the dark is fair game since so many of us have said the same thing and feel the same way.

He’s right and wrong at the same time.

The CSA should be providing more updates for fans hungry for info, absolutely. It’s something they’ve been poor at forever.

But the criticism that the scrimmages should be turned into friendlies because Akinola and Flores are not there is invalid, because of the lack of lead time involved. The CSA couldn’t know that both of those players would drop out at the last minute, each for very different reasons. Simply hand-waving scrimmages into proper friendlies isn’t as easy as posting about it on a forum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

But wouldn’t the same criticism apply to the USSF since we were playing them and they also don’t seem to have posted a stream or update about how the game went?  

But the USSF has had matches and camps the past 12 months which the CSA failed to organize.  So this is a bigger deal to us than it is to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...