Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

Just now, Shway said:

image.png.46ab1a20a495645fad16fcfd83578784.png

Johnston and Halbouni

Ok, so it's probably not them (or they would have cut that part), but they did film the segment before the latest COVID test results. With the mask it's harder to tell; I thought it was him but I also thought he looked a little like Waterman.

Ok so maybe:

Cristián Gutierrez
Tesho Akindele
Ayo Akinola
Theo Bair
Liam Fraser
(injured and not in camp? but not announced by the CSA?)

Has anybody spotted those guys?

3 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

The positive potential COVID list is getting small....

The list still has 5 guys on it. If one has COVID, where are the other 4?

Just now, grigorio said:

Ayo not in any of the pics CSA just posted. Seems pretty unlikely he's there unless they have some sort of deal to not make a big stink about him being there. 

He'd be new to a camp just like Guti. Other guys not in the pics too.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Looks like a little like Priso:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/canadasoccer/50833394681/

Naw man it's Theo....look at the size, he's lighter skinned and his stance ....and Priso hair is bigger and more wild than Theo's. He also has a goatee, while Priso has a shadow.

Again this is sad, dont judge me haha

Edited by Shway

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

Naw man it's Theo....look at the size, and that's his stance ....and Priso hair is bigger and more wild than Theo's.

Again this is sad, dont judge me haha

Unless we get a better pick, Theo remains on my list. You've got homework to do; find him elsewhere.  ;)

EDIT:

Also, can somebody find where it was said that Fraser was injured and not attending? I want to officially remove him from the list.

6 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

It's sad that we have to do this, but in a strange way, it's the kind of stuff that also what give the Voyageurs a unique bond & identity. Plus we don't have funds to hire a private investigator to find out news about our national team, so this is the only alternative.

Or a Central-America style football press.

21 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Also, can somebody find where it was said that Fraser was injured and not attending? I want to officially remove him from the list.

This is funny to me. The guy who finds literally all the stuff the avid fan can't find, is asking people to find stuff. The irony. My friend, do your job!

33 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Unless we get a better pick, Theo remains on my list. You've got homework to do; find him elsewhere.  ;)

EDIT:

Wheeler confirmed Fraser is injured in a recent interview one soccer posted 

Wow this thread escalated quickly this morning in true V fashion. 

Let's split up, go through every phone book and call Ayo's parents, they might be worried too? 

To be fair Herdman isn't in the pictures either. Clearly one of two things:

1) Herdman is the super spreader

2) Ayo is looked in the interrogation room with Herdman. He will appear in training pictures after they have turned him.

Edited by toontownman

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wheeler confirmed Fraser is injured in a recent interview one soccer posted 

That's what I recall; but I don't recall the CSA ever saying anything. As we all know, Wheeler is only semi-reliable (see the Yankov thread :) ).

19 minutes ago, Shway said:

This is funny to me. The guy who finds literally all the stuff the avid fan can't find, is asking people to find stuff. The irony. My friend, do your job!

I'll take that as a compliment. :D  Nobody's perfect! :P 

https://www.canadasoccer.com/news/canada-soccer-back-on-the-pitch-with-january-2021-mens-national-team-camp-presented-by-allstate/?fbclid=IwAR3wUfyT7AhgUrXpoE8al5Zlb0-9L3Sg9u5DIWjxM8gF0aYpVYpA5M6HBoc

Four players that did not attend camp for medical reasons were Ayo Akinola and Liam Fraser of Toronto FC, Tesho Akindele of Orlando City SC, and Michael Baldisimo of Vancouver Whitecaps FC. Teenager Theo Corbeanu has not yet traveled to camp as he has been called up to Wolverhampton’s first team for the first time in England. Corbeanu has been available on the bench for Premier League and FA Cup matches in December and January and is working towards his debut with the first team.

Four players that did not attend camp for medical reasons were Ayo Akinola and Liam Fraser of Toronto FC, Tesho Akindele of Orlando City SC, and Michael Baldisimo of Vancouver Whitecaps FC.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/news/canada-soccer-back-on-the-pitch-with-january-2021-mens-national-team-camp-presented-by-allstate/

They've lumped "injured" into "caught COVID19" by just saying "medical reasons".

EDIT: @Shway will be happy to know Theo Bair is present! :D

EDIT #2: Since we know that Baldisimo and Fraser were already listed as injured,

sherlock holmes hello GIF by Boomerang Official

my fellow Voyageurs, we can indubitably conclude than either Akindele or Akinola caught COVID19. :( 

The updated squad list, as of today:

GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
GK- James Pantemis | CAN / CF Montréal
GK- Dayne St. Clair | USA / Minnesota United FC
CB- Derek Cornelius | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
CB- Amer Didić | CAN / FC Edmonton
CB- Belal Halbouni | GER / SV Werder Bremen II
CB- Kamal Miller | CAN / CF Montréal
CB- Frank Sturing | NED / FC Den Bosch
CB- Joel Waterman | CAN / CF Montréal
FB- Samuel Adekugbe | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball
FB- Zorhan Bassong | CAN / CF Montréal
FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | CAN / CF Montréal
FB- Tajon Buchanan | USA / New England Revolution
FB- Cristián Gutierrez | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
FB- Alistair Johnston | USA / Nashville SC
FB- Richie Laryea | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Marco Bustos | CAN / Pacific FC
M- Mark-Anthony Kaye | USA / Los Angeles FC
M- Noble Okello | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Samuel Piette | CAN / CF Montréal
M- Ralph Priso | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Jacob Shaffelburg | CAN / Toronto FC
F- Theo Bair | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
F- Lucas Cavallini | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
F- Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty | CAN / Toronto FC
F- Jayden Nelson | CAN / Toronto FC

Ins (bolded): Didić, Shaffelburg, Bair, Marshall-Rutty
Outs: Corbeanu (first team commitments), Flores (travel/unknown), Akinola, Fraser, Akindele, Baldisimo (inj.)

Edited by bfque8

6 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

If Tesho is the COVID case and Ayo said no because of an injury, sounds like that’s most likely the end of that.

Obviously goes without saying hope #1 is whoever the COVID case is recovers fully.

Well Tesho lives in Florida, so....