Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

1 hour ago, canadianbacons said:

Merry Christmas CMNT fans! Happy with all of selections and impressed to see that some of the fence-sitters will be in camp. Would agree that Baldisimo is one of the few snubs. I think he earned a spot, but there are too many other CDMs on the camp roster that are on the same level or higher (Piette, Fraser, Okello, Priso). Also of note that neither Tabla or Tiebert is on the roster. Probably Herdman just wanting to get in some new faces in the fringe slots.

Isn't James on a break in January?  

The TFC 3 played a total of just over 600 minutes in MLS this season compared to Baldisimo's 700 on his own. None of them outperformed MB in the minutes that they did log. Okello has played a bit more in the Danish 2nd division, but it'd be a stretch to suggest that he's playing at a level that's on par with MLS, never mind higher. Piette is an established member of the CMNT squad and is not in the same conversation right now as the other 4, in terms of trying to break in and stick with the team.

12 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

The TFC 3 played a total of just over 600 minutes in MLS this season compared to Baldisimo's 700 on his own. None of them outperformed MB in the minutes that they did log. Okello has played a bit more in the Danish 2nd division, but it'd be a stretch to suggest that he's playing at a level that's on par with MLS, never mind higher. Piette is an established member of the CMNT squad and is not in the same conversation right now as the other 4, in terms of trying to break in and stick with the team.

Okello has played nearly 800 minutes in Denmark since leaving for his loan.  Starting about 12 straight games.  Yes Danish 2nd Division is likely below par with MLS though but I think he is the real deal.  This type of loan is exactly what TFC needs to be doing with some of their younger players.  

6 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Ralph looked amazing in his limited time. Baldisimo deserved a call over Fraser though. I wonder if some players like Liam Miller, Zator, James got left behind for incoming transfers in Jan. 

I agree on this.

id imagine Zator’s loan deal has been revisited.

does anyone know if Flores has featured for England at all ? Are they a threat ?

While this won’t phase England it might get Marcelo a Mexico callup.

GK - Crepeau & St. Clair were automatics.  Too bad Hasal wasn't fit to attend camp.

CB - Cornelius, Millar & Waterman all expected.  Would have liked to see Manjrekar James healthy for this camp but happy to see Halbouni & Sturing in camp.  I wouldn't have minded seeing Amuz in camp but he's on the outside looking in if you ask me.  Perhaps Olympic squad.  Scott Kennedy is the only new CB I would like to see come in and hopefully later in this spring we see him.  Too bad about Tomori, although he is still young, he is far from the England squad right now.

FB - Adekugbe, ZBG & Laryea were locks.  Given their performances this year, so were Buchanan & Johnston.  Bassong joining Montreal likely meant he would be included and happy to see Gutierrez committed and included.  I would still include Cordova in this player pool as well but his season is ongoing and he is just starting to see more minutes again.

M - Kaye, Osorio & Piette were locks.  Not surprised that Fraser, Okello & Priso were included.  Bustos earned his call up.  And like the rest, disappointed that Baldisimo isn't included but there is a lot of depth there.  Hard to believe that all of these players are likely to play smaller roles for our NT in the near future with the likes of Eustaquio, Arfield, Hutchinson* and even David that can slide in there.

F - Cavallini & Tesho were locks.  Jayden Nelson was likely always a lock too but super excited to see Akinola, Flores & Corbeanu called up as well.  If we can solidify Flores into this program, I will feel a lot better about Yankov to Bulgaria.  He is and will be a quick afterthought for me.

9 minutes ago, Corazon said:

GK - Crepeau & St. Clair were automatics.  Too bad Hasal wasn't fit to attend camp.

CB - Cornelius, Millar & Waterman all expected.  Would have liked to see Manjrekar James healthy for this camp but happy to see Halbouni & Sturing in camp.  I wouldn't have minded seeing Amuz in camp but he's on the outside looking in if you ask me.  Perhaps Olympic squad.  Scott Kennedy is the only new CB I would like to see come in and hopefully later in this spring we see him.  Too bad about Tomori, although he is still young, he is far from the England squad right now.

FB - Adekugbe, ZBG & Laryea were locks.  Given their performances this year, so were Buchanan & Johnston.  Bassong joining Montreal likely meant he would be included and happy to see Gutierrez committed and included.  I would still include Cordova in this player pool as well but his season is ongoing and he is just starting to see more minutes again.

M - Kaye, Osorio & Piette were locks.  Not surprised that Fraser, Okello & Priso were included.  Bustos earned his call up.  And like the rest, disappointed that Baldisimo isn't included but there is a lot of depth there.  Hard to believe that all of these players are likely to play smaller roles for our NT in the near future with the likes of Eustaquio, Arfield, Hutchinson* and even David that can slide in there.

F - Cavallini & Tesho were locks.  Jayden Nelson was likely always a lock too but super excited to see Akinola, Flores & Corbeanu called up as well.  If we can solidify Flores into this program, I will feel a lot better about Yankov to Bulgaria.  He is and will be a quick afterthought for me.

Like this analysis.

MB, Priso, Okello, Fraser and some of the MTL/VWFC prospects will take over sooner than later. Estaquio obviously going to be a starter but yea.

I don’t know Iankov but is it really a big deal ? Like it seems we have better prospects.

also I did a quick search on Twitter but it seems like Flores is very close to breaking into the Arsenal 18. He’s tearing up the U-18s and will likely go up to U23 soon. Not sure if an Arsenal fan can confirm ?

4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Like this analysis.

MB, Priso, Okello, Fraser and some of the MTL/VWFC prospects will take over sooner than later. Estaquio obviously going to be a starter but yea.

I don’t know Iankov but is it really a big deal ? Like it seems we have better prospects.

also I did a quick search on Twitter but it seems like Flores is very close to breaking into the Arsenal 18. He’s tearing up the U-18s and will likely go up to U23 soon. Not sure if an Arsenal fan can confirm ?

I agree with this in terms of the young prospects.  Also Kaye, Osorio & Piette are still mid to late 20s.  Both Arfield and Hutchinson are getting up there in age but as long as they continue their current form and as long as they accept call ups, they will be starting or heavily involved in the next couple years.

Yankov is unique in that he is an attacking midfielder and I think he offers something different than most of our midfielders but I don't think he was ever going to be an integral role with our NT.  Just a decent European player in our overall player pool.

I think Flores is the real deal.  Maybe not a superstar at Arsenal but I suspect he will be a player playing senior football at a top level consistently in Europe.  I was not aware of his attending England youth camps and I'm not to worried about him with the England NT.  I know he was with some Mexican youth National team camps/tournament.

15 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I think Flores is the real deal.  Maybe not a superstar at Arsenal but I suspect he will be a player playing senior football at a top level consistently in Europe.  I was not aware of his attending England youth camps and I'm not to worried about him with the England NT.  I know he was with some Mexican youth National team camps/tournament.

Good enough to be listed in the Guardian's annual Next Gen 60 for 2020.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/08/next-generation-2020-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

24 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Remember Teibert? A top prospect at one point now disposable. Sam with Tabla. Pretty wild. 

I think with Teibert Canada just got much better. Far from a flop, just the goal post got moved on him. Tabla still has time.. who knows with that kid

Being off this list says it all for Teibert at this point as far as his cmnt career goes 

Edited by SpursFlu

to be fair, I think the thing with Baldi is that they're figuring he's a safe lock for a camp at any point in the next year, compared to someone like Marcelo who's a lot more time-sensitive in terms of camps that he'd actually attend.

and honestly, I can't see the fault in prioritizing a very high-potential guy that has the choice of Mexico and England on his doorstep over Baldi who likely goes nowhere in the short term.

Edited by bfque8

31 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I think with Teibert Canada just got much better. Far from a flop, just the goal post got moved on him. Tabla still has time.. who knows with that kid

Being off this list says it all for Teibert at this point as far as his cmnt career goes 

Isn’t tabla injured?  Could be the reason for his omission. 

I am surprised about Baldisimo as well. Maybe injured? Or big transfer to Europe in January (one can only hope)