Match Thread : CONCACAF League : Arcahaie FC v Forge FC - December 1st, 2020 - Quarterfinals

13 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Wasting time... CONCACAF style

That’s why I hope one day the next major rule change is that the clock stops on the scoreboard so we all can see how much time was really waisted ! Clock would stop at the very least for anytime a player goes down and at substitution , and viola no more faking of injuries to kill time or guys taking forever to come off the field at substitutions!

They should have had a straight red card and we hit the bar blah, blah,  blah, that was an embarrassing way to lose a match to an inferior side, Forge were not very good all match, the Haitians were worse, the several week lay off took it's toll because Forge could not string many passes together, they were out of sync!

3 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Henry had better stand on his head next week as that was just awful. Not just the blunder but his pk save attempts were woeful. It was like he was making sure to move out of the way of the shots

Wouldn't be surprised if his head was done after that blunder. Too bad. We knew he has that in his game but looked like he had eliminated those dodgy decisions at the island games. 

Huge disappointment for Forge but they simply didn't have quality in attack. The amount of sideways and backwards passing was incredible. They simply couldn't do enough and when deliveries came it was generally to the keeper.

Ah well. One more chance but this was the golden ticket and they watched it pass them by.

2 minutes ago, gator said:

They should have had a straight red card and we hit the bar blah, blah,  blah, that was an embarrassing way to lose a match to an inferior side, Forge were not very good all match, the Haitians were worse, the several week lay off took it's toll because Forge could not string many passes together, they were out of sync!

I told friends who aren't big soccer to watch the game because this was a big moment for Canada soccer and I am frankly embarrassed and feel bad I told them to watch. That was the definition of playing down to your opponents level. 

Wow, just wow. The Haitian side created nothing all match long and were gifted a blunder from a keeper showboat. 

The back pass was unnecessary, but just like with Borjan he had all the time in the world to play it safe. A disaster. 

Forge could have, and should have, created more but they didn’t have to in this match. This Haitian team was easily the worst I’ve ever seen in CONCACAF... I honestly think that the US Virgin Islands would beat them. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Yup, I was waiting for some Henry mistake.

He’s just been overly confident on this pitch.

In the first half I was yelling at Henry through my TV because he was playing waaay up the field in a game where to that point Arcahaie had nothing. Why give them a chance for a Hail Mary goal from half when they otherwise seem to pose no threat. If they are getting on the end of a lot of through balls, fine, pinch up to try to take away that threat, but don’t go up there because you have nobody to talk to in your own box. Then he outdid my worst nightmare by just waiting for them to come up and take a goal. He could have put his boot through it. He could have passed to the wide open man that was also closest to him. But no, he was bored and wanted to show he has the footwork of a silky smooth outfield player too. 95% risk, 0% reward. So frustrating!

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Sad, very sad....but they’ll feel it more than any of us. Embarrassing way to go out, especially when the win was in their hands. 

Arachaie will be a waste in CCL, as they’ll literally just try and park the bus in every game like they did today. 

This Archaie team will be lucky if the goal differential of their 2-leg games is not 10+ 

10 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

I told friends who aren't big soccer to watch the game because this was a big moment for Canada soccer and I am frankly embarrassed and feel bad I told them to watch. That was the definition of playing down to your opponents level. 

Hate to say it but newbie soccer fans should not watch CONCACAF anything unless they have been indoctrinated for years in the art of self mutilation and torture.  Like most of us on this forum.