Match Thread : CONCACAF League : Arcahaie FC v Forge FC - December 1st, 2020 - Quarterfinals

Someone in another thread mentioned hearing the game won’t be played until the start of December. I would think they are planning on finishing this competition before the Champions League starts back up on December 15th. Olimpia is still alive in both competitions so they can’t play in both at the same time. Would they possibly have CL take a break while CCL finishes? Is the 2021 CCL going to start around the same time of year (late Feb, early March) it usually does? They definitely need to finish CL before the 2021 CCL since it is the qualifier for CCL.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Someone in another thread mentioned hearing the game won’t be played until the start of December. I would think they are planning on finishing this competition before the Champions League starts back up on December 15th. Olimpia is still alive in both competitions so they can’t play in both at the same time. Would they possibly have CL take a break while CCL finishes? Is the 2021 CCL going to start around the same time of year (late Feb, early March) it usually does? They definitely need to finish CL before the 2021 CCL since it is the qualifier for CCL.

Dec 1 is the official date now for Forge's next match.

Before this weeks change to single leg the semis and finals were scheduled for January.

I still think they should just do a bubble in one location. Its only 3 match days.

Edited by narduch

I suppose Forge should be used to gaps between matches, I will trust Bobby to have them prepared, hopefully the inactivity doesn't catch up with them, on the plus side this match should be closer to the V's Cup Final whenever that gets played!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gator said:

In normal times I would definitely consider going to the Dominican for a week and take in the match, there are vacation packages being offered in the DR, I suspect the match will be played BCD!

Lots of chain link fences and trees to climb in the Dominican Republic. Where's your sense of adventure?

Judging by Twitter and Instagram it looks like Forge is staying at Barcelo Bavarro Palace in Punta Cana. A 5 star all inclusive resort. They also have a soccer field at the resort which they appear to be training on every day. Not a bad place to be end of November/December. I wonder who pays for this? At close to 1500/person it would be $50000+ for the whole team to be down there.

http://www.resortsmaps.com/map-BarceloBavaroPalace-PuntaCana.html

P5030467-1.jpg

Edited by Stryker911

Bob Young is well behind this team and I'm sure he is not too worried about the cost to give his team every chance to advance in this competition! As I expressed earlier, it is so disappointing as fans that we can't be there to cheer the team on!

Really looking forward to tonight's game vs Arcahaie. In part, to see some nice, sunny weather considering all of the snow out there this morning. But, will this be David Edgar's last game (retiring) or will he get to play in the semi-finals or even final of the Concacaf League? One can hope...

So tonight is Forge's first try out of potentially 3 "win and you're in" games for the 2021 CCL. It has to be said though, that each game gets more and more difficult. It's never easy to win on the road in CONCACAF, but on paper Arcahaie is the weakest potential opponent. If Forge don't get it done tonight, they will have to play either Saprissa or Marathon, either of which would be much harder. And if they don't win that one, they would need a win vs TFC, which should be the toughest (possible exception being Saprissa).

Good luck Forge! Get it done tonight!

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Was the lead on Hamiltons news this morning. Hopefully gets some eyes on the game.

Too bad Edgar is retiring before the game against Toronto. I would put him and Krutzen up ahead of the 700000 Zavaleta and Ciman.

Good for the media coverage, it's a shame "hometown radio CHML" didn't even mention the match in their sportscast, we know all about every rescheduled NFL game though!🤨