Match Thread : CONCACAF League : Tauro v Forge FC - November 3, 2020 - Round of 16

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Looking ahead to the next round. Waterhouse did manage to eliminate Herediano of Costa Rica in last year's tournament. They were knocked out by Motagua of Honduras in the next round.

So they won't be pushovers for Forge.

However the Jamaican league has still not resumed from their covid shut down.

I'm not exactly sure if Concacaf has set the dates for the next round of matches.

So the Jamaican league is shutdown due to covid but Jamaica is good with a foreign team coming in to play?

9 minutes ago, gator said:

I haven't seen when the next round will be played but if Waterhouse wins and the match is in the next couple of weeks I would expect Forge will just head to Jamaica for another preparation camp!

It was originally supposed to be 2 legs in December. But now its just 1 leg.

The semi finals and finals were supposed to be in January.

I haven't seen the new schedule released.

10 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Warning - link contains footage to somewhat painful-to-listen-to TSN sportscentre coverage of the game (making me half-wish that they just ignored the game and gave it no coverage):

https://www.tsn.ca/forge-fc-converts-late-penalty-to-beat-panama-s-tauro-fc-in-concacaf-league-play-1.1547617

Your half wish is true, TSN "Canada's Sports Leader" is ignoring the CPL most of the time anyhow.😎

The win also keeps Forge's season going so that they won't be quite so rusty in comparison to TFC when the Canadian Championship final is played.

I am still expecting Babouli to score against TFC (after a Bradley giveaway) then ripping off his jersey to reveal a "Hey Vanney, enjoying watching Ben Spencer score 0 goals in USL play again this year?" t-shirt underneath.

30 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

The win also keeps Forge's season going so that they won't be quite so rusty in comparison to TFC when the Canadian Championship final is played.

I am still expecting Babouli to score against TFC (after a Bradley giveaway) then ripping off his jersey to reveal a "Hey Vanney, enjoying watching Ben Spencer score 0 goals in USL play again this year?" t-shirt underneath.

I'm sure Forge will really be up for the match with lots to prove and a couple of the players, Babouli and Bekker may have an axe to grind with TFC but as well as Forge has done so far I don't think they are near the talent level of TFC obviously and one would think TFC wins this handily whenever it gets played!

2 hours ago, gator said:

I just heard on our local news that Forge return home today, I don't know the specifics of the quarantine protocol but I would assume this means no practice or team activity for 14 days!

Under the circumstances, it is conceivable that they could quarantine together and train/practice during that time. 

In the hypothetical case that Arcahaie wins, the match vs. Forge would be played at the Olimpico stadium in Santo Domingo, just as it was going to be played vs. Verdes de Belize, since the Silvor Cator stadium in Port-au-Prince does not meet the requirements demanded by Concacaf. The Dominican Republic opened international tourism for weeks ago and they do not require a Covid-Negative result to enter the country, they only do random tests to a miniscule number of passengers.

In normal times I would be researching flights and thinking about an away adventure! It's a shame  aren't able to host any of these teams this time of year even BCD, I don't think they would fancy the weather in The Hammer in November or December although it is quite nice today!