Match Thread : CONCACAF League : Tauro v Forge FC - November 3, 2020 - Round of 16

Quick question, anyone have a link or know where to find the Concacaf club coefficient if it exists? 
If Waterhouse win, I'm going to assume they would be the higher seed. If Arachaie win....no way they can be the higher seed, so would the Forge host? Or have to forfeit rights due to the advice of health experts. 

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I must have misread Thomas’s play.  I thought he had a solid first half with a lot of decent runs forward.  But he was taken off at half and a few people have been critics so I must have missed something. 

I think he just frustrates with decision making and for me is a little like bambi on ice at times. He got into great positions and had space so saw a lot of the ball. He was frustrating for me in general but so was Nanco when he came on!

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I must have misread Thomas’s play.  I thought he had a solid first half with a lot of decent runs forward.  But he was taken off at half and a few people have been critics so I must have missed something. 

Yea, he was making good runs...but his dribbling was poor. Ball seemed like it was running away from him all the time, which affected his decision making or vice versa. 

I was blaming the field, but Choineire and Babouli had no issues. 

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

He wasn’t completely useless but ran himself into trouble and made poor decisions on the ball. His final third product was the main issue. Otherwise he was useful advancing the ball. 

10 minutes ago, Shway said:

Quick question, anyone have a link or know where to find the Concacaf club coefficient if it exists? 
If Waterhouse win, I'm going to assume they would be the higher seed. If Arachaie win....no way they can be the higher seed, so would the Forge host? Or have to forfeit rights due to the advice of health experts. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they create a bubble tournament in one location to finish the tournament.

As for the coefficient the best I can find is the seeding shown here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_CONCACAF_League

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they create a bubble tournament in one location to finish the tournament.

As for the coefficient the best I can find is the seeding shown here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_CONCACAF_League

So they are definitely not hosting. So Jamaica or Haiti they will be travelling too, nice. 

These Forge players are soaking this up, as they should. Vacations in warm weather countries, on empty resorts and hotels...counting your blessings lads, count your blessings!

6 minutes ago, Ansem said:

This is how Canada improve in the region. It starts by winning in Central America at Club level. You bring that experience and winning mindset to the national team.

Overtime, I have no time we will be a force to reckon with.

Flagrant example

Forge just defeated a team that eliminated FC Dallas in Champions League in 2018.

I hope Forge draw an MLS team if they make the CL.

20 minutes ago, Shway said:

Few call outs....

I've said this before, but Henry doesn't get the praise he deserves - he's one of, if not thee best goalkeeper in the CPL. 
Dominic Samuel is a bear playing football - he's so solid, quick, rarely gets beat and surprisingly has an engine that is always chugging along. 

Henry is good but tonight? He faced one shot on target, which he whiffed on. It was a powerful shot but pretty well at him. He did make a nice stop on edgars near OG but otherwise benefited from Tauro’s awful decision making with their long shots. Absolutely laughable from them at times .. I especially loved their player going for a 35 yard rip in injury time. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I know your question has already been answered, but to give a bit more detail in case you or others didn’t read the fine print, CONCACAF does it differently than UEFA. UEFA gives points to clubs, like Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, etc have UEFA club coefficients. However, CONCACAF gives the points/coefficient to the entry, rather than the club itself. So Forge and Waterhouse don’t have coefficients, CAN2 (represented by Forge this year and last year) and CCC2 (Caribbean’s second spot) have coefficients.

If you are curious about a sneak peak into next year’s coefficients you can check out my thread here. I update it after each days results typically.

Edited by Kent

Looking ahead to the next round. Waterhouse did manage to eliminate Herediano of Costa Rica in last year's tournament. They were knocked out by Motagua of Honduras in the next round.

So they won't be pushovers for Forge.

However the Jamaican league has still not resumed from their covid shut down.

I'm not exactly sure if Concacaf has set the dates for the next round of matches.