Match Thread : CONCACAF League : Tauro v Forge FC - November 3, 2020 - Round of 16

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

That was totally legit.  Novak was playing for it, but keep never hit the ball and made contact taking him down.  No argument in my opinion. 

Keeper never got the ball but he barely got any of the man either, not enough to legit bring him down IMO, and he went down pretty easy for a big guy. But whatever, I'll take it!

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

So even if they lose the next game they have a second chance play off game? And if they win they are automatically through anyway?

or am I a round ahead of myself. Or in fact completely out to lunch.

That is correct. If they win they are in.

If they lose they play an additional match for a 2nd chance.

Edited by narduch

I jumped on here (with most of the thread to read through) to complain about Babouli being taken off. Minutes away from penalties, you would assume he would be one of the 5 shooters, so what does it matter if he is tired when he is furthest away from defending your own goal.

But the Novak? Yesvak! Wins the penalty and fine, you are off the hook Smyrniotus (apologies for spelling). Congrats Forge! Huge win for the club and for CPL!

Man I love this, and so excited. Great result, the Island games were a blessing in disguise as it was great preparation for this tournament. 

Forge will now play the winner of Jamaican powerhouse Waterhouse FC or Haitian side Arcahaie FC. Waterhouse haven't played a game since March, and Arcahaie are 4-3 in their league.

I'll keep saying they are the underdogs so they will continue to surprise. Lets gooo Canada is rooting for you!

Just now, Kent said:

I jumped on here (with most of the thread to read through) to complain about Babouli being taken off. Minutes away from penalties, you would assume he would be one of the 5 shooters, so what does it matter if he is tired when he is furthest away from defending your own goal.

But the Novak? Yesvak! Wins the penalty and fine, you are off the hook Smyrniotus (apologies for spelling). Congrats Forge! Huge win for the club and for CPL!

I think Babouli as well as being gassed had an injury from the slide in the corner, I too would have him as one of my PK takers!

Unbelievable - to come away from 2 games in Central America with two wins. Forge now with a record of 2-1-1 all time in Central America. Incredible. 

Bobby is going to be moving up to MLS sooner than later. 

Thomas and Nanco frustrated. Edgar also didn’t have his finest match. But wow Babouli is a class player and Choiniere continues his fine continental form.