Match Thread : CONCACAF League : Tauro v Forge FC - November 3, 2020 - Round of 16

Match is at 8pm ET on TSN3 & TSN5. (Note TSN broadcast starts at 7:57pm so I expect Kick-off to be on time).

Tauro has tied both its league matches (against Aribe Unido and Alianza).

Forge have had about a 12 day layoff from the day they beat Limeno.

The winner will take on either Waterhouse (Jamaica) or Arcahaie (Haiti) in the Quarter Finals.

If Forge can defeat Tauro they will essentially have 3 shots at making the Concacaf Champions League. They can qualify the following ways:

-with a Quarter Final Win

-with a win in the round of the Quarter Final losers

-by beating TFC in the Voyaguers Cup

Edited by narduch

21 hours ago, gator said:

I am more excited about this match than what's going on across the border tomorrow!

I do enjoy cup competitions but I have to admit it does feel a little, dirty, planning my days around Forge's match calender and then actually finding myself cheering them on.  Yeah, I know, their successes are good for the league as a whole, but still.  Afterwards I find myself experiencing that uncomfortable yucky- guilty feeling most every adult male has know at some point in their life.

I'd say it's exactly the same feeling I get after cheering on Arfield in Europa League.    Great fun in the moment but then that icky feeling.

35 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

I do enjoy cup competitions but I have to admit it does feel a little, dirty, planning my days around Forge's match calender and then actually finding myself cheering them on.  Yeah, I know, their successes are good for the league as a whole, but still.  Afterwards I find myself experiencing that uncomfortable yucky- guilty feeling most every adult male has know at some point in their life.

I'd say it's exactly the same feeling I get after cheering on Arfield in Europa League.    Great fun in the moment but then that icky feeling.

If you'd like I could recommend a simple treatment: if Forge get through you will the one who has to immediately start the thread for their next fixture. 

It has been raining all day in Panama City, due to the influence of Hurricane ETA. And more rains are expected during the night. The Rommel stadium had very bad conditions on its grass, imagine how it will look tonight. It will be a tough match, where physical condition will prevail more than technique.

Good luck Forge!

Does Forge performing well do anything for Canadian teams as a whole (i.e. a coefficient or something comparable)? I feel like Canadian teams have performed well in continental play for the last several years, but the situation doesn't seem to change

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Good luck Forge!

Does Forge performing well do anything for Canadian teams as a whole (i.e. a coefficient or something comparable)? I feel like Canadian teams have performed well in continental play for the last several years, but the situation doesn't seem to change

Yes it does. Forge is Can2 for CONCACAF league seeding purposes, so the better that Forge does, the better seeding the CPL champion has for the next year's competition.  It'll be Forge again next year.

Canada 2 is at the bottom right now because we are the newest team in CL and don't have 5 years of coefficient points yet. 

Good luck to Forge tonight. This is traditionally Panama's biggest club, so it'll be a tough test.

Edited by Trois Reds
Rewording