Match Thread : CONCACAF League : CD Municipal Limeno v Forge FC, October 22, 2020 - Preliminary Round

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm not so familiar with Forge but is Awuah the only starter out of the bunch?

Yes, he will be a big miss, Zajac probably would have played at some point if he didn't start, I'm not sure who will start at LB with Awuah out, the good thing is Bobby has always rotated his squad and players are all drilled to play multiple positions!

There hasn't been a whole lot of media coverage here in Hamilton, yesterday our talk radio news station had the local sports writer from our newspaper on, he is not a soccer guy and knows very little about Forge! The conversation was mostly about how the CPL is a lower tier league and how Man Utd supporters aren't interested in Forge and then it turned to hockey, how the AHL wasn't supported in Hamilton because it's second rate, fans want NHL, which is true but soccer is completely different! They also said it would be great for Forge to get their first ever win over an international opponent, obviously they didn't follow the team last season!

Imagine that stadium full , how steep those stands are and how close to the field the stands are. The fans are right on top of you , the proper way a soccer stadium should look. No open ends , fully enclosed. I know I need to shut up and just appreciate our soccer cathedrals of BMO Field and it’s look alike Tim Hortons Field .

Too bad they couldn't make that posession count. They look the better team technically. Far too often just don't have that end product when it counts.

Going to be harder and harder as the game goes on given the heat. 

Lacking that killer instinct and something special upfront still. It has been the missing ingredient all season. They would be unstoppable with a couple of quality strikers. Thomas is poor too.